• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can points be moved forward only once?

philemer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham; Worldmark.
In the 1st quarter of 2025 I know I can move my 2025 pts into 2026 or 2027. But can I move them into 2026 and then in 2026 move them again into 2027? I have no status with Wyndham.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
No, you can't move the same points more than once. But if you have annual points, you can move that years allotment ahead.

Lets assume your use year is calendar year, so Jan - Dec, and you have annual points (not EOY). You have 2025 points, you can save them into 2026 or 2027 by end of March 2025. If you moved them into 2026 you have to use them up by the end of 2026. But another option available to you is to borrow them during the ERP (3 months or less) reservation window and make bookings in 2025. This still leaves your regular 2026 allotment to do something with. So you can move your 2026 points ahead, and just use the 2025 points your saved. during the 2026 year.

Since when making reservation Wyndham now just looks at totals for the year, and looks at what bucket those points are in, you NO LONGER have to worry about making reservations with the right points. That does make life much easier to manage.

So in 2026 you would need to make reservations for up the your point level you saved, by either booking in 2026 or booking in 2025 during ERP window and borrow from 2026. You would not be touching your 2026 alloted points at all, and thus those could be moved ahead.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Grand Desert, Kingsgate, Bali Hai, Oceanside
Or, in short, assuming you move all of your 2025 points to 2026, in 2026 you're only able to move the number of points in your 2026 regular use year allotment to 2027. You have to use the number of points moved from 2025 in some other way.

You can see how many points you can still move using points deposit on the Benefits Summary page for the use year you're interested in.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks ladies. I usually book about 10-13 months in advance & have never used ERP. Good to know that pts can only be moved once.

I currently have 58K 2025 pts and 126K 2026 pts. So I guess I'll move my 58K pts into 2026, in January, and use the combined 184K for a stay in early 2026. Am I thinking clearly? :)

Or, is it too late to move my remaining 58K 2025 pts? Points appear in our accounts 2 yrs in advance. Do they have to be moved during the first 3 months they appear? Brain freeze.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks ladies. I usually book about 10-13 months in advance & have never used ERP. Good to know that pts can only be moved once.

I currently have 58K 2025 pts and 126K 2026 pts. So I guess I'll move my 58K pts into 2026, in January, and use the combined 184K for a stay in early 2026. Am I thinking clearly? :)

Or, is it too late to move my remaining 58K 2025 pts? Points appear in our accounts 2 yrs in advance. Do they have to be moved during the first 3 months they appear? Brain freeze.

Moving points depends on your use year? What is your use year Jan - Dec? If so you have until Mar 31 /25 to move 2025 points into 2026. It can be done anytime prior to March 31/25.

Then you can combine them and have a stay for the combined amount 184K anytime in 2026, not just early 2026.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Moving points depends on your use year? What is your use year Jan - Dec? If so you have until Mar 31 /25 to move 2025 points into 2026. It can be done anytime prior to March 31/25.
Yes, both of my contracts are Jan>Dec. So, on Jan. 1, 2025 I will be getting my 2027 points. These 2027 pts can be moved forward into 2028 or 2029 through 3/31/27? That means I have 27 months to move them? All of 2025, all of 2026 and the 1st 3 months of 2027? That doesn't sound right.

EDIT: According to the website I only have a 3 month window, since I have no status, to move/deposit pts. forward.

Points Deposit Feature​

Have extra points you won’t be able to use before the end of your Use Year? Save them for a rainy day. The Points Deposit Feature allows you to deposit all, or a portion, of your current Use Year’s Points into your next Use Year or two Use Years from the deposit date.

Deposit Windows*​

• Standard: Points may be deposited within the first three months of your current Use Year.
So, I just went into my Wyndham acct and I am not allowed to move ANY of my pts forward. I'm guessing on 1/1/25 I should be able to move my remaining 58K 2025 pts into 2026 or 2027, right?
Then you can combine them and have a stay for the combined amount 184K anytime in 2026, not just early 2026.
Correct, I just said "early 2026" b/c that's when my stay will be.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Deposit all or a portion of your current Use Year Points into a future Use Year. Deposited points only apply to Standard and Express booking windows. They may not be used for the Advance Reservation Priority booking window.

Once points have been deposited, they will expire at the end of the Use Year selected and are not eligible to be deposited again.

Each deposit will be accompanied with a Points Deposit fee of $39.00, which is a non-refundable charge.

Rules shown on the Deposit screen.

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Deposit all or a portion of your current Use Year Points into a future Use Year. Deposited points only apply to Standard and Express booking windows. They may not be used for the Advance Reservation Priority booking window.

Once points have been deposited, they will expire at the end of the Use Year selected and are not eligible to be deposited again.

Each deposit will be accompanied with a Points Deposit fee of $39.00, which is a non-refundable charge.

Rules shown on the Deposit screen.
Please see my additional comments/questions just above. I edited my post at the same time you posted. :)

philemer

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just got off the phone with Wyndham and I think I finally understand. Thanks for all your help.
Appreciate it. :)

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have both Developer and Resale points. I am also VIP.

So now I have two sets of dates to remember. I am on a Jan - Dec use year. So to deposit my CURRENT use year:
  • My Developer points I get to Dec 31 to deposit. My timeline is extended because of my VIP status.
  • My Resales points I get to Mar 31 to depost. These points are treated like non-VIP accounts.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I'm not sure the answer is really as simple as you can only move points to a future year once. Wyndham accounts for benefits associated with points a bit loosely and allows you to move up to as many points to a future year using the Point Deposit Feature as you own in that year, which may vary with EOY ownerships. I don't believe they are all that particular about what points you currently have in your account when they let you do that so long as you don't exceed the benefit amount. As a result, if you used up all of your 2025 points by making ARP reservations in the first quarter, then PDF your 2024 points to 2025, you should be able to PDF those points again from 2025 to either 2026 or 2027. This keeps you within the spirit of the limitation because it winds up being the same as if you had done the reservations and PDFs in a different order so it was 2025 points being moved but it would in fact have been points that were originally 2024 points. I haven't tried it and can't vouch for how the system would actually work but believe that is the case because the other benefits are not tied to points that are used but instead to the buckets of points remaining in the account compared to the benefit levels. I have PDFed points that technically could be traced to PIC points, which shouldn't be eligible for PDF if the benefits were accounted for based on the source of the points, for example.