• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can No Longer Post using Firefox

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I used to be able to, but in the last week or so, I can no longer post new messages or reply to existing ones from Mozilla Firefox. The editing window comes up, but it won't receive focus (can't click in it and get a cursor). I'm posting this from IE (which, BTW, gets runtime errors when I first go to http://www.tug2.net).

Mozilla Firefox 1.0.3 running on Windows 2000 SP2.

Bob "Blues" Herlien

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm using version 1.0.6 and I have no problem. Are you using a tab browser extension perhaps? If so, check if it is stealing focus.

Fern

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, Fern. I'm not sure I follow you. As you know, tabbed browsing is supported natively by Firefox. So no, I haven't added an extension for that. Anyway, it happens when I have only one tab open, so there's no other tab to steal focus.

Hmm, I wasn't even aware that they were already up to 1.0.6. I'll upgrade to that and see what happens. Thanks.

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm posting this from Firefox. Help simply says version 1.0.

gw1400

TUG Member
Reaction score
1.0.6 , no problems. You should do a virus scan and spyware scan.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Those runtime errors with IE make me think the problem is more basic to your system than FFox. So I agree that a good scan for spyware/malware and viruses is probably called for.

Meanwhile, I'm using Firefox 1.0.6 here, as well.

Try pressing f7 and switching it out of "caret browsing" or in if it's already out. Sometimes, on mine, this will kick in unexpectedly and mess with the focus. Come to think of it, I haven't had this happen for the last couple of versions, so upgrading may do it for you if this is the problem.

Do you run any themes or extensions? Try starting FFox in its safe mode (note, not Windows safe mode, but FFox's safe mode - assuming you're running under Windows, it will be under Start > All Programs > Mozilla Firefox) - this disables all themes and extension to see if that is the source of your problem.

Mozilla has an excellent user-to-user bbs at http://forums.mozillazine.org/index.php, you're probably better off taking your problem there. Be sure to mention operating system, FFox version, and as complete a description of your symptoms as possible.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, after updating and doing full scans with both Spybot and AVG antivirus, neither of which fixed my problem, I finally figured it out.

Sometime in the recent past I changed my user profile to use the full WYSIWYG editor. For some reason, that doesn't seem to work with Firefox. I've now changed back to text box with additional editing controls (or something like that), and am now sending this reply via Firefox.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Maybe someone else with Firefox can try out the WYSIWYG editor to confirm or deny what I said above.

Bob "Blues" Herlien

Marina_K

TUG Member
Reaction score
I decided to try the WYSIWYG and I'm able to post using Firefox [strike]but I wasn't able to PM a member. The "box" was more of a taupe colour, not blue like what I get when replying (with WYSIWYG on)[/strike].

Works now for PM.

Last edited: