• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can my WM accounts trade in my free Wyndham RCI weeks account

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I have 3 WorldMark Contracts and 2 Wyndham contracts all closing around the end of the month. My question is: Can my WorldMark accounts trade in the RCI Weeks account I get as Club Wyndham Plus owner? Or do I need a separate account.

Is it worth upgrading RCI level to Platinum? What are your opinions RCI vs II

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham owns Worldmark with either bldgs or by management agreement, this is the situation , Wyndham
Will want you to convert to club Wyndham. For me which would be best? If you choose Wyndham you have to go for the gold, VIP, 700,000 total points. If you don't get that, now you have to think. I would really have to like to go to the resorts I own, what would I accept?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

herillc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 3 WorldMark Contracts and 2 Wyndham contracts all closing around the end of the month. My question is: Can my WorldMark accounts trade in the RCI Weeks account I get as Club Wyndham Plus owner? Or do I need a separate account.

I do own several worldmark accounts and a wyndham (comes with free rci account), and i have all separate rci accounts for each ownership.
You cannot combine worldmark/rci with wyndham/rci.
For my worldmark accounts, i do use both, rci and II. Should pay two memberships, but it's worth for me.
Never thought about platinum rci account because i do not get much benefit from it.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham owns Worldmark with either bldgs or by management agreement, this is the situation , Wyndham
Will want you to convert to club Wyndham. For me which would be best? If you choose Wyndham you have to go for the gold, VIP, 700,000 total points. If you don't get that, now you have to think. I would really have to like to go to the resorts I own, what would I accept?

Wyndham owns Worldmark outright. Any salesman of any system will tell you that you need their system. That's because they want a commission. Wyndham as an organization has not indicated that they have any problems with people owning WbW.

Last edited:

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham owns Worldmark outright. Any salesman of any system will tell you that you need their system. That's because they want a commission. Wyndham as an organization has not indicated that they have any problems with people owning WbW.

Wyndham does not "own Worldmark outright." People who own WM credits do. As of 12-31-2014, Wyndham owned about 2% of WM credits, according to the Independent Auditors' Report.

Wyndham has a contract to develop WM, and another to manage it. Wyndham also owns unsold and foreclosed WM credits. Their ownership class is different from that of ordinary owners.

You may read Club governing documents and the Auditors' Report within the Owner Sign-in area of the Club web site.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I think some are not understanding my question

Since both are same company can I use my RCI weeks account that comes as a Wyndham plus account holder with my Wyndham credits as well? Or do I have to pay for an additional RCI account for WorldMark if I choose to trade some of them in RCI?

In reference to herillc's reply do I have to have a separate RCI account for each WorldMark account?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
While many have been able to add additional RCI weeks to their paid worldmark account, I don't believe it is possible to use your wyndham paid RCI account to use as your RCI worldmark account.

Hopefully if that is not the case someone who has been successful setting it up will chime in and let you know how to go about setting it up.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would say no. When you go online, as an owner, you will see that you now book through the Wyndham webpage.
There is a form to fill in, and book. Or you can do or through RCI by phone, but it is still a Wyndham-RCI area
Within RCI. Worldmark or others may have like arrangements. Thus I believe two different areas and transactions. I don't know if an RCI account is all you need, or one for each.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You can get a normal RCI account for non Wyndham points properties (Wyndham fixed and float weeks as well as other non point weeks) that you log onto directly through RCI.com(not through the portal). This is included and paid through your Wyndham program fee. I just don't think it will allow you to link a Worldmark points week into that account.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
WM Accounts

In reference to herillc's reply do I have to have a separate RCI account for each WorldMark account?

Why do you have multiple Worldmark Acounts? Your MF's would be lower if you consolidated into one Worldmark Account. It costs $299 to consolidate 2 accounts and you can only do 1 consolidation per year. Depending on the size of your accounts you should recover the $299 consolidation fee in reduced MF's in a year or two. The main benefit to having multiple Worldmark Accounts is if you use Bonus Time a lot.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Multiple accounts

Why do you have multiple Worldmark Acounts? Your MF's would be lower if you consolidated into one Worldmark Account. It costs $299 to consolidate 2 accounts and you can only do 1 consolidation per year. Depending on the size of your accounts you should recover the $299 consolidation fee in reduced MF's in a year or two. The main benefit to having multiple Worldmark Accounts is if you use Bonus Time a lot.

I have multiple accounts because I just bought them all and all 3 are on the last leg of closing. Everything signed, notarized and sent to WorldMark. Same goes for Wyndham. I bought 2 contracts and both have new deeds sent to recording so I'm still a month or longer on those closing.

I could not combine the WorldMark accounts at purchase because I did not already have an account to combine them into. And they came from various sellers. I have a 21k, 6k, and 12k WorldMark accounts. As soon as they all close I was going to move all points to my 12K account so that are available during during the combining time and combine the 21k and 6k. (The only monkey wrench to this is the 6k had 6000k about to expire so I had seller put a reservation in for next year with them. Not sure what happens to reservations if I combine. But I had it made to save those points.). The next year I'll combine the other 12k account with the other one.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Or keep the two accounts. There are advantages. See this thread:
f=32&t=18996"]http://wmowners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18996[/URL]

I've had 2 accounts for years. It all depends on how you vacation as to whether or not it is advantageous for you. If you decide to keep 2, I'd keep the 6K separate.

Sue

Tahiya

TUG Member
Reaction score
need 2 rci accounts

To answer the OP question: you will need 2 RCI accounts. The Wyndham account will come w "free" RCI member acct. They won't let you add WM to that acct. You can add weeks timeshares to your WM acct. Not sure about the Wyn acct. We have both WM and Wyn and originally the RCI accounts were both under WM, so essentially we didn't get a free Wyn acct. A couple years ago, they separated the accts. We never exchange the Wyn points because the points required are too high in RCI (even though they reduced some of the most exorbitant numbers a year or so ago).

slabeaume

Reaction score
We owned WM first and had an RCI Weeks account. Then we got Wyndham and it is an RCI Points account. But with a points account, you're suppose to get a weeks account free---at least back when we got it. I have not paid for my weeks account which is still tied to our WM account since we got Wyndham some 10+ years ago. They are 2 different RCI account numbers, though---one with a Weeks number and one with a Points number. I can call either WM RCI or Wyndham RCI and they can help me with either account. Confused the heck out of me for several years because I thought they were the same account since I never paid for the WM one again. One of the agents was finally able to explain to me that there are 2 accounts.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

Totally wrong and totataly off topic. Raygo123, Please refrain from posting an answer to someones question when you dont yet know what you are talking about. Your day will come, but you arent there yet,,,sorry

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham does not "own Worldmark outright." People who own WM credits do. As of 12-31-2014, Wyndham owned about 2% of WM credits, according to the Independent Auditors' Report.

Wyndham has a contract to develop WM, and another to manage it. Wyndham also owns unsold and foreclosed WM credits. Their ownership class is different from that of ordinary owners.

You may read Club governing documents and the Auditors' Report within the Owner Sign-in area of the Club web site.

This is absolutely true about Worldmark. The resorts are owned by the owners (duh) And of course its true about every other timeshare and condo as well. The developer develops and then they sell it.

So sure, Wyndham doesnt own Worldmark "outright", neither do they own the Club Wyndham resorts, and neither, for that matter, does Marriott own the Marriott Resorts.

But to be clear, in Worldmark the owners dont own the resorts either. The club owns the resorts. all we club members own is a license to use the resorts

Bottom line who cares, as long as I can use the property for my vacations, I dont care about the finer points of who owns what

But none of this goes to The ops question. LLW just used this as an opportunity to do more Wyndham bashing (you can find more of the same at http://www.wmowners.com/

To answer the ops question, you cant deposit worldmark credits into a Wyndham provided RCI account

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

Your first question has been answered, as to your second and third questions:

Is it worth upgrading RCI level to Platinum? I have no idea, I didnt buy to trade, and I have a bias against doing so.

What are your opinions RCI vs II There are resorts affiliated with RCI not affiliated with II and vice versa. Since you already have the ability to trade into RCI with your Wyndham points, why not do II for your Worldmark

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
neither do they own the Club Wyndham resorts

Unlike Worldmark, where owners own the club and properties, owners of club Wyndham access only own the points but not the resorts.

As per the "Advise article 1" sticky on top of page:

Wyndham Resorts is owned by the stock holders of Wyndham Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:WYN).

Unless you are a stockholder, you should not consider yourself a Wyndham owner after you acquire Wyndham points. You can, however, refer to yourself as an owner of Wyndham points.

The original purchaser of Wyndham points will have signed a vacation ownership contract agreement and an installment note if they financed the purchase through Wyndham. The contract (“Agreement”) spells out what was purchased.

In most cases what you can expect is language that specifies the specific number of points being purchased divided by the total number of points available at the specific “property regime” that is to be the “home resort.”

For example, when an original (hypothetical), retail buyer purchases 105,000 points situate at Phase IV (Tower I) at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, North Myrtle Beach, SC the agreement should spell out in words similar to those provided below what the seller was selling and what the buyer purchased:

“…a 105,000 / 456,510,000 undivided fee simple interest in Units 951-957, 1051-1057, 1151-1157, 1251-1257, 1451-1457, 1551-1556, having a Floating Use Right (‘Property’) in Wyndham Myrtle Beach At Ocean Boulevard IV Horizontal Property Regime, hereinafter referred to as “Regime,” located in Horry County, South Carolina according to the plat…filed of record in Horry County, South Carolina, subject to all provisions contained in the recorded Declaration of Horizontal Property Regime or Master Deed applicable to the…described Property.”

regards,

Sam

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unlike Worldmark, where owners own the club and properties, owners of club Wyndham access only own the points but not the resorts.

As per the "Advise article 1" sticky on top of page:

Wyndham Resorts is owned by the stock holders of Wyndham Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:WYN).

Unless you are a stockholder, you should not consider yourself a Wyndham owner after you acquire Wyndham points. You can, however, refer to yourself as an owner of Wyndham points.

The original purchaser of Wyndham points will have signed a vacation ownership contract agreement and an installment note if they financed the purchase through Wyndham. The contract (“Agreement”) spells out what was purchased.

In most cases what you can expect is language that specifies the specific number of points being purchased divided by the total number of points available at the specific “property regime” that is to be the “home resort.”

For example, when an original (hypothetical), retail buyer purchases 105,000 points situate at Phase IV (Tower I) at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, North Myrtle Beach, SC the agreement should spell out in words similar to those provided below what the seller was selling and what the buyer purchased:

“…a 105,000 / 456,510,000 undivided fee simple interest in Units 951-957, 1051-1057, 1151-1157, 1251-1257, 1451-1457, 1551-1556, having a Floating Use Right (‘Property’) in Wyndham Myrtle Beach At Ocean Boulevard IV Horizontal Property Regime, hereinafter referred to as “Regime,” located in Horry County, South Carolina according to the plat…filed of record in Horry County, South Carolina, subject to all provisions contained in the recorded Declaration of Horizontal Property Regime or Master Deed applicable to the…described Property.”

regards,

Sam
Sorry I was't clear you are absolutely right stockholders own the company Wyndham worldwide

What I own is the real estate ie the resorts themselves and I have a a file cabinet full of deeds to prove it

Points in the Wyndham system are symbolic of that ownership of real property and are the currency we use to exchange within the club

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is absolutely true about Worldmark. The resorts are owned by the owners (duh) And of course its true about every other timeshare and condo as well. The developer develops and then they sell it.

So sure, Wyndham doesnt own Worldmark "outright", neither do they own the Club Wyndham resorts, and neither, for that matter, does Marriott own the Marriott Resorts.

But to be clear, in Worldmark the owners dont own the resorts either. The club owns the resorts. all we club members own is a license to use the resorts

Bottom line who cares, as long as I can use the property for my vacations, I dont care about the finer points of who owns what

But none of this goes to The ops question. LLW just used this as an opportunity to do more Wyndham bashing (you can find more of the same at http://www.wmowners.com/

To answer the ops question, you cant deposit worldmark credits into a Wyndham provided RCI account

Actually, WMO has been changing around lately. Much friendlier atmosphere. Luckily, they are no longer experiencing all the moderator "bashing" that used to go on. I am sure it wouldn't be allowed on here either.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, WMO has been changing around lately. Much friendlier atmosphere. Luckily, they are no longer experiencing all the moderator "bashing" that used to go on. I am sure it wouldn't be allowed on here either.

herindoors911 is referring to me as the moderator basher; and saying that the WMowners forum is better since i was tossed

nothing has changed, Heres a note I got today from someone that tried to become part of their "closed club"

Ron,
You're being way to kind to label her antics as Wyndham bashing. I see how she carries on at wmowners as equivalent to Seinfeld's soup nazi. The forums would be a better place if she would just resign from her self-appointed queenly duties.

Apparently any new voice is not welcomed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Totally wrong and totataly off topic. Raygo123, Please refrain from posting an answer to someones question when you dont yet know what you are talking about. Your day will come, but you arent there yet,,,sorry

Well, Ron, I am glad you took the time to edit this post.

Reaction score
herindoors911 is referring to me as the moderator basher; and saying that the WMowners forum is better since i was tossed

nothing has changed, Heres a note I got today from someone that tried to become part of their "closed club"

Ron,
You're being way to kind to label her antics as Wyndham bashing. I see how she carries on at wmowners as equivalent to Seinfeld's soup nazi. The forums would be a better place if she would just resign from her self-appointed queenly duties.

New voices are welcome. Stop bashing Louise on here now you don't have that option on WMO. Your choice was to continue to be rude to the moderators. Three or more warnings and you still didn't get it. Your choice.

Your choice to keep arguing on here too.

And the post above had to be edited, as you were very rude to that poster. Your choice.

Reaction score
I know you help a lot of people on here, but I think it is about time for you to think about being more civil.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Ron,

Another edit. Thank you.