• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can my WM accounts trade in my free Wyndham RCI weeks account

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another edit. Thank you.

Im not sure what you are thanking me for.

Most of the edits I do are because I cant type or spell and because my fat fingers dont work well with the I phone....so I read what I post, see my mistakes and correct them ... no need to thank me for that

And to the op I hope you got your questioned answered,Im sorry that we hijacked your post. for our nonsense. As you can see these ladies and I have a history.

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it worth upgrading RCI level to Platinum?

We don't exchange much so I have never really considered upgrading to Platinum. But the discussion in this thread, (and the lack of anyone else addressing this particular question) made me log on to RCI and see what the benefits are.

The only one I saw that was of interest to me was the 10% savings on Extra and Last Call vacations. We do book at least one of those a year, usually low cost ones through their sales, and often two or three. At $58 per year to upgrade ($69 after November 14) that could be a close call. I might think about upgrading just for that benefit.

If you do plan on exchanging and using Ongoing Searches, the fact that they do not require you to put up the exchange fee when you place the search may be of value to you. With our limited exchanging it is not a factor for us.

For an RCI Points member some of the points features such as points transfer might be useful, but since I have a weeks account and you said that is what you have, those would be of no benefit.

In the end, it is a personal decision you will have to make based on what value you see in the Platinum upgrade.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if Tug would continue to be the place where people can learn about WM without all the petty arguments that happen on the other site. I don't understand why a couple of you have decided to bring the mud slinging over here all of a sudden.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It would be nice if Tug would continue to be the place where people can learn about WM without all the petty arguments that happen on the other site. I don't understand why a couple of you have decided to bring the mud slinging over here all of a sudden.

I agree - any further bickering will be deleted.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Of the brand name resort companies:
RCI has Disney and Hilton
II has Marriott, Sheraton/Westin and Hyatt

One advantage of WorldMark is that you may use either/both of these exchange companies, as well as the smaller exchange companies.

I have not purchased RCI Platinum, as I did not see the extra fee being offset by the benefits that I regularly use.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
My questions were answered

Thanks everyone of your answers

mrsmusic

TUG Member
Reaction score
As far as a WM account, I was told it was ineligible for a Platinum RCI for some reason.

I did it differently than some others here. I owned an RCI points resort first, THEN purchased WorldMark and another weeks resort. So my points account is the one I pay for, and the weeks one is "included" - and after I set up my Weeks account, sometime later they attached my WM account to the weeks RCI account (since I purchased resale) and whenever I call, I can't seem to talk to anyone but the WM people at RCI - even if I call about any of the other timeshares I own - even if I protest and say I need to talk to the RCI weeks people because I'm calling about one of the other timeshares. Even if I am calling about depositing, combining deposits, etc, that WM doesn't even allow anymore through RCI, I still end up at the WM desk at RCI.

When I sign into my Weeks account, however, I can't even see anything to do with my WM account. I have to go into RCI through the WM portal to do anything with it.

So just be aware, any account associated through WM with RCI will end up being kind of weird in the way I mentioned above.

None of my timeshares are Wyndham so I can't add anything to that discussion. If it's like any other "corporate" portal like HGVC then you probably wouldn't be able to add any other timeshare to it.