• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can I sell timeshares

Lingmi

Reaction score
hello everyone.

I own an apartment in a resort in Turkey. I want to ask can I contact a timeshare company to sell my apartment as different shares and still be the owner of the apartment? Also to take maintenance fees from the timeshare owners? Sorry for the dumb question I am new to this.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
What may be the better choice- along the same line might be signing up with VRBO.com or AirBnB.com those are outlets that allow owners to do short-term rentals.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I have no idea about Turkey’s laws but in Florida, Colorado, Arizona and I am sure other states people have take property and sold it as fractional ownership.

I don’t think your going to find a TS company to do this for you, nor would this be possible if you have a current HOA.

You would have to spend money for real estate attorney to establish to parse units as fractional for deeds, establish governing documents and bylaws for your ownerships you would sell.

You would have set up legal accounts to hold maintenance fees and reserve fees for your unit.

You would need to secure cleaning people to clean after one checks out and management company to fix/replace things the eventual break or fail.

You will need to hire someone to sell your fractional units.

And I am sure I have missed a few hundred things, but for one condo not sure it makes a lot of sense.

Putting your unit on AirBnb or another rental site would be way simpler.