• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can I make an II instant exchange using LCUP Points

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
HRC customer service said no but it appears that II website would let me. Anyone have first hand knowledge what happens if I make the exhcnage on II website. Will Hyatt cancel it if all i have is LCUP points?

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
I'm guessing that the II web site will never let you actualy complete the transaction or if it does it will not actualy go through.

And that goes for any II transaction using points including any kind of points, even EE points. To make and complete ANY II exchange you have to call Haytt Owner services on the phone. And ask for the II desk..... as far as I know from past experience , up to the last time I tried it anyway. The II site fools you into thinkjing you can, but you cant !

Last edited:

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
II website will let you do the exchange, but then I guess it will not be confirmed and will be cancelled in a day or two. I don't know for sure, it's my guess what can happen.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
They advised us that we could not put these into II

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
And that goes for any II transaction using points including any kind of points, even EE points. To make and complete ANY II exchange you have to call Haytt Owner services on the phone. And ask for the II desk..... as far as I know from past experience , up to the last time I tried it anyway. The II site fools you into thinkjing you can, but you cant !

I have have no idea what you’re talking about! I’ve never called Hyatt to make an II exchange. Ever. According to my history in my Hyatt II account, I’ve completed 30 exchanges. All of them via the II website.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
They advised us that we could not put these into II

I don’t want to deposit them in II for future use I want to make an instant exchange for next week .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
I don’t want to deposit them in II for future use I want to make an instant exchange for next week .

Same thing. Those points are deposited in II in order to make the exchange.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Points
And BTW to answer your original question: You cannot make an II reservation with LCUPoints.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once they pass into the Lcup bucket you are screwed, they can’t be used for II. I always deposit my leftover points into II as soon as I have made my reservations, so I don’t forget. The other thing is, they do email you before your unit passes into Lcup. You have to stay on top of the emails.

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
I have have no idea what you’re talking about! I’ve never called Hyatt to make an II exchange. Ever. According to my history in my Hyatt II account, I’ve completed 30 exchanges. All of them via the II website.

OK then! Using what kind of points ?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
OK then! Using what kind of points ?

When you make an instant exchange on II website, or an ongoing search matches, then your EEE points are used first, if you have any, in the order they expire (oldest points are used first). If you don't have enough EEE points to cover the exchange, then your CUP/RCUP points are used, also in order they expire, oldest first. Not sure if HRPP points can be used automatically in this manner. If think they can. Also not sure if LCUP points can be used automatically in this manner. I think they cannot. If you don't have enough total points to cover the exchange, I believe the exchange will initially show as confirmed, but then will come back cancelled.

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
II website will let you do the exchange, but then I guess it will not be confirmed and will be cancelled in a day or two. I don't know for sure, it's my guess what can happen.

EXACTLY. I have spoken to Hyatt about how this works.

Hyatt actually keeps your points (even in EEE) until a booking. Interval does not track how many points you have. Once booked in Interval, they turn to Hyatt to complete the transaction. Hyatt will control whether or not that booking completes.

I asked all of this detail so I could understand how everything would be treated when i sold one of my former Hyatt weeks. So I made sure I did my Interval booking before the sale then those reservations (and spent points) stayed with me in Interval after the transfer. They said if i left the points in EEE without bookings that those points would go to the new owner.

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure if HRPP points can be used automatically in this manner. If think they can. Also not sure if LCUP points can be used automatically in this manner. I think they cannot. If you don't have enough total points to cover the exchange, I believe the exchange will initially show as confirmed, but then will come back cancelled.

I think you are spot on Echino - that also is my understanding based on previous threads. With Interval bookings, EEE points go first (confirmed with Hyatt - see my previous thread) - then CUP/LCUP points. Both CUP and RCUP points go to LCUP once the home week hits and cannot be used for Interval.

There were a lot of COVID related threads that talked about all of the RCUP points that got issued with cancellations and had to be used in Interval or Hyatt before they went to LCUP. Since Interval did not have the 2 month booking restriction that Hyatt does with RCUP, it was often the most attrractive option.