• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can I deposit my Feb/09 for Dec/08?

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am having one heck of a time trying to decide what to do w/ one of my Platinum weeks. (as some of you already know from my past posts!!). I have a February, 2009 week reserved but I cannot use it. Can I deposit my February, 2009 week w/ II for the last week in December, 2008 at the same resort? If so, what are my chances of getting that last week in December @ this late date? What I wld be doing is trading back in to my own resort....but is it too late to get that trade?

Smooth Air :cool:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I am having one heck of a time trying to decide what to do w/ one of my Platinum weeks. (as some of you already know from my past posts!!). I have a February, 2009 week reserved but I cannot use it. Can I deposit my February, 2009 week w/ II for the last week in December, 2008 at the same resort? If so, what are my chances of getting that last week in December @ this late date? What I wld be doing is trading back in to my own resort....but is it too late to get that trade?

I can't speak for the chances for the trade, but as soon as you deposit you can request a week for exchange. We are going to MBP on exchange in November with a May 2009 reservation. Have you called Marriott to see if you could change your reservation? Probably not any dates available for when you want to travel, but you never know.

gores95

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't speak for the chances for the trade, but as soon as you deposit you can request a week for exchange. We are going to MBP on exchange in November with a May 2009 reservation. Have you called Marriott to see if you could change your reservation? Probably not any dates available for when you want to travel, but you never know.

I agree. I would call Marriott owner services and try with them first. If unsuccessful then you could always deposit into II and try to exchange with them.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you can't use it then unless you plan to rent it then you really have no choice but to deposit it (or it will go wasted). Remember, the sooner you deposit it then the more horsepower you will get from it if and when you do decide to use it to trade.

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't change w/ Marriott b/c I have already used my 2008 weeks. I am thinking of trying to trade my 2009 week for the last Platinum week in 2008.
Just can't decide what to do. And, as mentioned by TTT, I shd deposit w/ II soon if depositing w/ II is what I am going to do. What to do?:confused:

Smooth Air:cool:

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Can't change w/ Marriott b/c I have already used my 2008 weeks.
I think the suggestion on calling Marriott to change weeks was to change your February 2009 week reservation to another 2009 week that you might be able to use. Further, if you reserve a good week further out, your trading power might for that week well be better than for depositing your February week now.

Since the last week of December is a holiday week in high demand at many resorts, I think it's a long shot to get an exchange for that week on such short notice. If the resort is Ko Olina, that would be a peak week there.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Smoothair, I thought you owned at Ocean Pointe.?.?

If so, maybe try what do what Dave suggested and change your reservation to a later week. Anything up to week 13 at Ocean Pointe will be a very good week to use as a trader - the later the better. After changing your reservation you can deposit you week with II and have a very good trader for future use.

Don't worry about using your deposited week this year or early next year, as you will have plenty of time to use it in the future. II allows you two years from the date of your reservation to use your week (2011). Personally, I would put in that request for week 52 you were asking about and also go ahead and put in a lomger term request for the future - like winter 2010.

Terry

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have the week of February 22, 2009 reserved. That is week 8. Are you saying that it is too late to deposit my Feb 22, 2009 weeK?
I think I shd just deposit the darn thing & worry about using it later.

Would the week of Feb 22 (Week 8) be a better trader than a week in late April? I am thinking of trying to change my Week 8 to Week 17 (April 26-May 3, 2009).

Last edited:

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
NO!

Week 8 is 145 on the II travel demand index - RIGHT AT SIX MONTHS
Week 17 is 90 on the index - NOT GOOD!
Weeks 9-13 are 150 on the index - TAKE THESE IF AVAILABLE

If you cannot get any week up to and including week 13 then I wouldn't change it. Just go ahead and deposit as soon as possible as you are now right at 6 months before check-in.

Terry.

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Terry! Looks like week 8 which is the week that I have reserved (Feb 22-March 1, 2009) is only 5 months from check-in. So, shd I try to change that to week 9-13? If you think that I shd try to change it, then I will call Marriott. If not, then I will just go & deposit my week 8 w/ II. Or, I may try to change my week 8 to week 17 & try to use it. It is just that right now everything is up in the air around here & it is difficult to make plans.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Call Marriott tomorrow and see what is available. While on the phone, also ask about availability at BeachPlace Towers, as you are a Florida Club member. If Ocean Pointe has week 12 or 13 available take it, or if BeachPlace has week 12 take it. You cannot book week 13 at BeachPlace until 9/27 but you can ask about it while on the phone.

If you need flexibility in the future lock-off your unit (OP or BP) and then deposit both with II. Better yet, rent your studio for $1000 to help pay MF's, and deposit your "free" 1BR.

Unless you KNOW you are going to use week 17, I would NOT book that week. Those weeks are readily available at OP. Chances are you could trade your studio or 1BR (week 8 or 13) for a 2BR week 17.

Good Luck and keep us informed.
Terry

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
Terry, you are sooooo way ahead of me on all of this! Great suggestions.
Calling Marriott tomorrow.....

How do I access that II Travel Demand Index?

Last edited: