• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can anyone tell me the benefits of the different tiers of II?

MLR

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Trying to decide where to bank our two Hawaii weeks.We want to bank with a year yet to use. We belong to RCI but not very impressed with them and haven't banked with them for a few years and may let our membership expire. Hate that we can't see inventory UNLESS we have something banked with them. :0( We did bank with TP Maui once, but that was when we were planning to go to Hawaii and we easily got a week at Maui Lea.

We aren't headed back to Hawaii for a while and want to bank where we can get the most for our two Big Island weeks. Considering ease of use, good inventory, Customer service, etc. Would probably be traveling to Colorado or Florida Panhandle. Does II offer bonus weeks for banking your week like TP Maui and TPI? Thanks in advance everyone.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I guess the first question would be does your resort trade in both RCI and II? I think your resort would need to be affiliated with II before you could join/deposit.

If you deposit a week you will usually get a certificate allowing you to book a bonus week.

MLR

TUG Member
Reaction score
jabberwocky - not sure. I was able to deposit our week in TPMaui with no problem. Guess I will do some checking.

MLR

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess the first question would be does your resort trade in both RCI and II? I think your resort would need to be affiliated with II before you could join/deposit.

If you deposit a week you will usually get a certificate allowing you to book a bonus week.
Is there any way to contact Trading Places Int. by phone or email? Have a few questions I would like to ask. Can't seem to find any way to contact on their website. :0(

MLR

TUG Member
Reaction score
AHA! They sent an email with phone number and email address! ALL IS WELL :0)

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You asked about the different tiers in II......
Basic, gold and platinum. The upper level tiers do nothing for getting better exchanges. I find them useful for discounted getaways and free guest certificates only. I only upgrade my II membership when I need one of these. No sense to pay for it until you need the benefits.

Did you find out if your resort is even affiliated with II?

MLR

TUG Member
Reaction score
You asked about the different tiers in II......
Basic, gold and platinum. The upper level tiers do nothing for getting better exchanges. I find them useful for discounted getaways and free guest certificates only. I only upgrade my II membership when I need one of these. No sense to pay for it until you need the benefits.

Did you find out if your resort is even affiliated with II?

Thanks for this info. No, I have not yet found out for sure if our resort is affiliated. I emailed II but have not received a response. Paniolo Greens is in their list of resorts though. I will probably have to call Shell directly and ask. I signed up for the free TP membership. Costs nothing. I will call Shell next week. Thanks again.