• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Calypso Cay at the Amerisuites Resort? What kind of Presentation is this??

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of this place. I thought it was a timeshare in Kisssimee but it turns out to be in Orlando. My DIL found a promotion that will cost only $249 for five nights including tickets to a theme park for a day and breakfast. I tried to tell her that even though they tell you that you only have to give them 90 minutes, they will hog tie her until she is there at least two hours, and a big stomach ache later. I don't even know what this timeshare is. Amerisuites is not a timeshare company is it?
I suggested that if she wants a place with a 90 minute presentation so she can get a cheap rate that she at least let me set up a promo for her at one of the higher class timeshares listed on the Tug referral list. Amerisuites are cheap hotels aren't they?

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
AmeriSuites Vacation Club at Calypso Cay • CYY (I.I.)

Kissimmee, Florida www.calypsocay.com
407-997-1600

Calypso Cay, a Caribbean-themed resort playground for the entire family, has numerous swimming pools and water features, a lighted miniature golf course, and acres of fun. This resort is just a short drive from the many attractions Central Florida has to offer, including Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando, and SeaWorld, and is only about an hour's drive away from Busch Gardens, Kennedy Space Center, and world-famous beaches.
Resort Address:
4951 Calypso Cay Way
Kissimmee, 34746

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Spence said:
AmeriSuites Vacation Club at Calypso Cay • CYY (I.I.)

Kissimmee, Florida www.calypsocay.com
407-997-1600

Calypso Cay, a Caribbean-themed resort playground for the entire family, has numerous swimming pools and water features, a lighted miniature golf course, and acres of fun. This resort is just a short drive from the many attractions Central Florida has to offer, including Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando, and SeaWorld, and is only about an hour's drive away from Busch Gardens, Kennedy Space Center, and world-famous beaches.
Resort Address:
4951 Calypso Cay Way
Kissimmee, 34746

Yes, but what is it like? Is it a finished timeshare and will she be in a hotel room and not in the timeshare at all. Is this a quality company?

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
icydog said:
Yes, but what is it like? Is it a finished timeshare and will she be in a hotel room and not in the timeshare at all. Is this a quality company?
Website quoted gives lots of details, you'd have to see the details of the offer they're taking whether the accomodations are in Vacation Villas or in the hotel.

webdizzy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Calypso Cay is a 5-star "Resort Village" in Kissimmee (just a few miles from Disney) made up five buildings of timeshare condos (with 2 more still in development) and two hotels, AmeriSuites Hotel and Country Inn. I am a brand new owner there (November '05).

If the promotion you refer to is like the one we took advantage of, she'd likely stay in one of the hotels and just tour the timeshares during the "presentation." We had planned to spend a couple of nights in Daytona Beach after staying at Calypso Cay, but when we purchased they offered to let us stay in one of the condos for those 2 nights at no extra cost.

I am new to timeshareing, so perhaps a bit naive (I have since learned a lot here on the TUG site) and we may have paid more than we needed to for a nice timeshare near Disney, but I was very impressed with the place. I was happy to see a high rating and nice reviews here on TUG, too (although there are only 5 ratings). I can give more details about the place itself if interested.

As for the sales pitch, I actually felt there was very little pressure -- at least it wasn't intimidating to us. My husband and I went expecting to be pressured and with our guards up, but we ended up being sold on the place without too much convincing. Perhaps we are just gullable, but I don't regret the purchase. :)

Last edited:

ilisao

Reaction score
We're staying there in June in a 2 bedroom villa. My cousin leases a timeshare there with the option to buy (I thought that was very interesting). She was very impressed with it and highly recommends it, especially for families.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
ilisao said:
We're staying there in June in a 2 bedroom villa. My cousin leases a timeshare there with the option to buy (I thought that was very interesting). She was very impressed with it and highly recommends it, especially for families.

While at WDW we saw on the TV loads of police activity at the resort with a mugging of two foreign travelers who lost all their money and passports.

ilisao

Reaction score
Isn't that lovely? Seriously, if that is an isolated incident, then we're not all that worried. I know that sounds cavalier, but things like that can happen anywhere. I would like to know, however, if it indeed was isolated, or if muggings like that happen often.

webdizzy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be any more concerned about it than if you were at any other resort. Like you said, that can happen anywhere!