• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

California shut down again

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Just got off the phone with my chief and according to the county health department member in charge of the county's covid response, wouldn't have even put me on quarentine at all after being told of my encounter with the positive subject.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
This reminds me of the joke with the husband that hired a private investigator. The investigator took pictures of his wife with someone in the park, at the restaurant holding hands, going to the guy's apartment. In the apartment they started to kiss and they undressed, the pictures taken from the building across the street showed.
"Then?" the husband asked, "what happened after that, do you have more pictures?"
"They turned off the lights so I do not have any pictures and I could not see after that ", replied the investigator.
"What did I tell you?" said the husband turning to his friend. "I think she loves me, this does not prove anything!"

It is all documented that the hospitals receive more money for Covid patients and death. Does that alter their behavior? I do not know but it is very likely knowing human nature. Somebody on TUG reports anecdotal evidence. But somebody else wants to see evidence, probably like a scientific study, he wants to see clear indisputable proof ;)

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I live in San Diego County and the only people I consistently see without masks are gray haired old men.
Twice I have seen people selling political Tshirts and flags on the side of the road without masks and they and their customers are not social distancing. None of them are millenials.
San Diego County has had a mask order for a long time. I don't remember when it started, but it was before it was "cool".
I didn't see anything about that, but I quit watching his live updates because he uses about 3 times the amount of words that he needs to and I can't stand to listen to him anymore. However, everything else I've ever seen has shown the hot spots are bars and house parties. I would think closing all public indoor activities would increase house parties.
Oh, so you have a mandatory mask order. That may explain why the millennials are wearing masks. Where I live it is optional , and I can assure almost NONE of the younger people wear a mask.

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Or “cool kids”
Yet these were fine

Fauci did himself a HUGE disservice lying

Dr. Fauci has made us nuts

Harvard medical is going online this fall maybe all 'education' will be online .............. thanks Dr. Fauci !

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
For California schools that won’t be opening up , how are teachers that have their own children (that should be in school) going to effectively teach via online ?

When I went through LAUSD they had classes set up so that based on your birthday you either started school in September or January. My birthday is at the end of December so I started school in January, being too young to start in September at age 4 1/2. So classes were deemed, for instance, A3 (third graders on the September schedule) and B3 (third graders on the January schedule). In June of 1968 when I would next be advancing to the second half of the 7th grade, they decided to do away with A/B and have all kids on the September schedule. My parents had to decide whether I'd go to summer school for history and math to be caught up to 8th grade level by September (which I did), or whether I'd repeat the first half of the 7th grade. I think that decision is going to end up in LA schools again at some point -- did your kid advance enough with home/online schooling to go to the next grade, or do they need to stay back a year. One of the smartest girls in my class stayed back, it gave her single mother some distance from the two older boys (I think two years older and four years older) entering college.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I spoke with a man and his wife within normal conversation distance 4-6ft, no masks, outside of their home last Sunday for about 15 minutes. When I left I shook their hands, then got in my car and left. Tuesday I learn that they both had gotten positive test results on Tuesday (my department gets the addresses of every positive test result in the town, daily). So I got put on 14 day quarantine and was asked to get tested. 6 days after "positive contact" I got tested and yesterday I got my results back, negative. So if I can shake hands and conversate for with two covid carriers, why am I and my family not infected? The way the media portrays it, from that one contact, myself, my three household members, my two in-laws, and a friend should all have it because I saw and hugged the three from outside my family on Monday or Tuesday after the positive contact.
Just my personal story and food for thought.

Just one question. After your visit, did you wash your hands, or use hand sanitizer, before touching your face?

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
That's not accurate at all, so you've further made my point.

Rather than respond to your statements as I predict that won't be productive and likely devolve into more personal attacks, which sites are you relying upon for accurate info?

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Rather than respond to your statements as I predict that won't be productive and likely devolve into more personal attacks, which sites are you relying upon for accurate info?
Nope, no personal attacks from me.
I was primarily referring to the site you posted, my education, professional experience, and general news. Not being a research paper, I omitted footnotes.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is going to be open the top. Help. The Commander in Chief is expecting some iimportant mail from a person. Who has had COVID-19 in the past thirty (30) days; should she open it. This piece of a mail is over due by three (3) days from the United States Postal Services.

I feel the mail should be safe. What are your opinions?

geekette

Reaction score
This is going to be open the top. Help. The Commander in Chief is expecting some iimportant mail from a person. Who has had COVID-19 in the past thirty (30) days; should she open it. This piece of a mail is over due by three (3) days from the United States Postal Services.

I feel the mail should be safe. What are your opinions?
Mail should be safe. Don't lick, wash hands after handling it.

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
It has been interesting observing the Covid threads on TUG and getting to hear the opinions of the many members in the USA. In other times, the freedom of the people in the states is admirable, but the desire to exercise civil liberties in unmeaningful ways during the pandemic has been a real eye opener; Daily trips to Home Depot, shaking hands with friends/acquaintances, attending religious services, hitting the beach etc. It's all happening in other countries as well, but nowhere else does it seem to be as prevalent. Match this up with a decentralized pandemic response, little social safety net, and a medical system that is profit-based and here we are. In the end, the US people are innovative and resilient and will come out the other side of this galvanized.

Think of it as evolution in action. . . .

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
For California schools that won’t be opening up , how are teachers that have their own children (that should be in school) going to effectively teach via online ?
Ppl are looking at different options. Privates are still opening.
Many schools outside of LAUSD have already created plans to do hybrid and virtual. LAUSD was one of the last to announce their plans. Just like they were the last to Institute DL. Many who could/can have left LAUSD because of the Union and politics. I would be shocked if LAUSD is broken apart in coming years.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Ppl are looking at different options. Privates are still opening.
Many schools outside of LAUSD have already created plans to do hybrid and virtual. LAUSD was one of the last to announce their plans. Just like they were the last to Institute DL. Many who could/can have left LAUSD because of the Union and politics. I would be shocked if LAUSD is broken apart in coming years.
I'd be shocked too. Unions hold too much power to let it happen.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Just one question. After your visit, did you wash your hands, or use hand sanitizer, before touching your face?
Nope. First thing I did was grab my toothpick out of my pocket and put it back in, then wipe the sweat off my face with my hand and wipe it on my pants. Then I used have sanitizer that sits in my car 24/7.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
I live in Cupertino,California (Santa Clara County) and both my wife and I wear masks as told to by our county Coronaviros person. I finally thought I could get a haircut (been waiting since lockdown started in March as I was due for it back then) they opened us up and then closed us. My barber shop never even opened.
I have friends in other counties with very few people and few sick people. They constantly tell me how they won't wear a mask. I get a kick how reading their posts later that they wear a mask when going into stores because the stores are requiring it. They all say more exposer is needed to build immunities up. Turns out they do the exact same as most of us. They wear them when told to or services won't be provided. It's sort of a game with them talking tough but doing like the rest of us.
Bart

geekette

Reaction score
....They all say more exposer is needed to build immunities up.

yikes. none of the "they" I listen to is saying that. Not a theory I'll be testing with my own body.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Today they cancelled the Rose Parade for January 2021. First time since 1945.
Better to call it now before they start building the floats.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Well, if there is going to be no football, there really is no reason for the parade.

Kurt
They haven't cancelled the game yet.

"Planning for the annual Rose Bowl game is ongoing, the organization said. However, even if the matchup is not called off between now and January, fans are unlikely to be allowed to be present at the stadium. "

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
They haven't cancelled the game yet.

"Planning for the annual Rose Bowl game is ongoing, the organization said. However, even if the matchup is not called off between now and January, fans are unlikely to be allowed to be present at the stadium. "
I think most people see the writing on the wall. And as your quote states, even if a game is held, it's unlikely there will be fans allowed, so even more reason to cancel the parade. And if there are no fans, why even consider holding it in Pasadena? It would make more sense to host it at one of the school's field so there would be less travel involved.

Kurt