• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

California shut down again

Brett

Reaction score
This thread is about California.

correct
but some posters in this thread (not me) think the recent coronavirus cases are somehow connected to Mexico

e.g. post from another poster - "All the outbreaks are along the border. We can’t control what goes on in Mexico. "

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
This thread is about California.
Yes, but someone brought in Florida and Texas in post #15. You know how easy it is for us to get off track.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
No worries! This wasn’t just for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah, that's why I posted. So people who don't look past the "headline" wouldn't think this was some reliable source of data.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Yes, but someone brought in Florida and Texas in post #15. You know how easy it is for us to get off track.
I know it can't be reigned in. It's sad that people have to send everything sideways so the moderators are now threatening shutting down all COVID threads.

Brett

Reaction score
Yeah, that's why I posted. So people who don't look past the "headline" wouldn't think this was some reliable source of data.

and that's why I posted
So people don't look past the "headlines" and think Mexico is causing the recent coronavirus cases

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
correct
but some posters in this thread (not me) think the recent coronavirus cases are somehow connected to Mexico

e.g. post from another poster - "All the outbreaks are along the border. We can’t control what goes on in Mexico. "
Well at least we do here in San Diego, share a border with Mexico.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

No, that’s not at all what I meant. Lol

This site is good. It pulls data from recognized sources and simply displays the data. I really don’t care what site you prefer. They all show the same trends. I find it nothing but a distraction that you contest the validity of this site. Frankly, I’m sure none of the sites are absolutely accurate, especially when it’s so difficult to get good data from the source (for various reasons we have discussed previously in other threads).

If you’ve got an issue with the data as presented on this site, bring some proof. I’m always interested in that discussion...but discounting it because of who built the site..no, just no.
(political comment removed)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
As of June 18th.

This is the Governor's order:
Ken, I thought California had a mask order early on? Or maybe it was just a recommendation. I do remember now that our dd who lives and works in Santa Clara said she was working without a mask, at least in the beginning.

In New Mexico our governor just mandated masks to be worn at ALL times, except when you are home. I do imagine when you're eating or drinking, or having some kind of medical treatment where you can't wear one. But the part that got added was, we need to wear them even when exercising, and that is indoors or outdoors.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Ken, I thought California had a mask order early on? Or maybe it was just a recommendation. I do remember now that our dd who lives and works in Santa Clara said she was working without a mask, at least in the beginning.

The State order was June 18th.

Los Angeles order was May 14th.

I don't recall other local orders, but I believe there were some (San Francisco? San Diego?).

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
The State order was June 18th.

Los Angeles order was May 14th.

I don't recall other local orders, but I believe there were some (San Francisco? San Diego?).
All I remember was that just before we left San Francisco on our way home from Maui (on March 14) California had a mandate, or recommendation, that those over 65 should stay home. Don't know if that was statewide, or just SF Bay Area.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
All I remember was that just before we left San Francisco on our way home from Maui (on March 14) California had a mandate, or recommendation, that those over 65 should stay home. Don't know if that was statewide, or just SF Bay Area.

That started much earlier (as you mention, in March), but that's not the mask order.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Is Disneyland open?

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Is Disneyland open?

Nope. However, Downtown Disney was open and I have a friend who went a few days ago. She said it was not crowded.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Nope. However, Downtown Disney was open and I have a friend who went a few days ago. She said it was not crowded.

I wonder if they'll wait and see how the opening of DisneyWorld goes before deciding when they'll reopen.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.

Thank you, Disneyworld is opening all 4 parks Wednesday . Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom are open. I personally am not going . Never usually go in the summer it’s too hot. I haven’t heard any complaints about the parks so far.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
pedro47,

I live in Texas and have masked up long before it was mandated. But, you are correct, there's a slew of dumba**es that have refused to wear them. It makes me so angry!! What makes me angrier? They seriously seem not to care. Stay safe my TUGGER friends and I'm sorry for the idiots from this state who have contributed to this nightmare.

I would like to thank everyone in California, Texas and Florida for not wearing their Masks and not Practicing Social Distancing. I hope you are now Happy with your choices.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I live in Carlsbad. My tenant is a nurse practitioner. North San Diego county is in good shape. The border cities are a mess. Plus the hospitals had to take a bunch of people from Imperial County.

Tijuana is a mess.

We are at the top of the wait list at a Continuing Care Retirement Community in Carlsbad and Cliff is anxious to get moved. I suspect no one is moving in until the virus drastically subsides or a vaccine is developed. No way they can have painters, plumbers and misc. contractors in and out while fitting up the vacated units, and I hardly think they want new and possibly infected folks moving in from all over the US.