• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

California shakes up auto industry, says all vans and trucks must be electric by 2024

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
California, in general, has more protections for renters and condo owners than many other states. When it comes to this issue, California made it a law that if a tennant wants to install an electric vehicle charging station then they can do that. They do not need the landlord's approval. Here are the details that came out in 2014, ten years prior to when this new law is suppose to occur: https://www.greencarreports.com/new...an-now-install-electric-car-charging-stations

When it comes to efficiency there are lots of variables but the simple fact is that electricity can be produced from a wide variety of sources. It can be from solar panels or wind farms or coal burning or nuclear or dams etc... this is truly the future regardless of he obvious improvements in air quality from electric cars. We need more ways to power our vehicles because it allows for more energy independence and it lets communities determine what power sources will work best for them. ICE vehicles run on petroleum and only that. It's unsustainable and too dependent on federal and foreign governments. The move to electric is also California determining it's own destiny and relying less on oil states/nations.

I also want to point out that EVs don't use motor oil. That fact seems to be overlooked in many anti-EV 'equations' about fuel efficiency.
Also, EVs use very minimal power while idling at stoplights, drive-thrus, etc. Stats that look at distances driven and compare energy used often don't factor in all the real ways we use our cars.

There are other side benefits to EVs too for instance it's not possible to get carbon monoxide poisoning from an electric car. So, for instance, I don't have to open my garage to pre-condition my car. It's safer from poisoning and safer from the theft.
1) it is the marginal KW that matters. The solar panels will produce a limited amount of electricity, the rest is supplemented by fuel. If you put an additional car on the market you have to burn more oil or coal.
2) at this moment a lot of federal subsidies go to the electric car
3) the motor oil is insignificant in quantity in the grand scheme.
4) many of the new gas cars also stop while idling. You also have the hybrids.
5) maybe not but I have read too many times about people dying in Teslas that burned like fireworks.

To me the biggest advantage of the electric cars is that it moves the air pollution from the cities to more remote areas. The noise pollution is also cut significantly.
Because the are cheaper and cheaper and because they save a lot of energy if adopted on a very large scale, I think the LED lights have a more significant environmental impact than the electric cars.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
California, in general, has more protections for renters and condo owners than many other states. When it comes to this issue, California made it a law that if a tennant wants to install an electric vehicle charging station then they can do that. They do not need the landlord's approval. Here are the details that came out in 2014, ten years prior to when this new law is suppose to occur: https://www.greencarreports.com/new...an-now-install-electric-car-charging-stations

When it comes to efficiency there are lots of variables but the simple fact is that electricity can be produced from a wide variety of sources. It can be from solar panels or wind farms or coal burning or nuclear or dams etc... this is truly the future regardless of he obvious improvements in air quality from electric cars. We need more ways to power our vehicles because it allows for more energy independence and it lets communities determine what power sources will work best for them. ICE vehicles run on petroleum and only that. It's unsustainable and too dependent on federal and foreign governments. The move to electric is also California determining it's own destiny and relying less on oil states/nations.

I also want to point out that EVs don't use motor oil. That fact seems to be overlooked in many anti-EV 'equations' about fuel efficiency.
Also, EVs use very minimal power while idling at stoplights, drive-thrus, etc. Stats that look at distances driven and compare energy used often don't factor in all the real ways we use our cars.

There are other side benefits to EVs too for instance it's not possible to get carbon monoxide poisoning from an electric car. So, for instance, I don't have to open my garage to pre-condition my car. It's safer from poisoning and safer from the theft.
Your post have enlightening me about the positive sides of EV vehicles. Excellent information. Thanks you for sharing.

Clifbell

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
I have an idea of using a small pickup truck to put a camper in it... I prefer timeshares over RV's but a pickup truck with a small camper in the back with the basics would suit me fine. I did a video of it and I like the idea except that you lose gas mileage with a camper. I was interested in the Tesla electric pickup as an alternative because the impact to electric battery life (and the cost to recharge) would make this interesting.

Here is the video

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh Boy! A pickup camper on a Tesla truck. . . Now THAT'S gonna be a looker!

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Wall Street Journal had an article on Tesla today

I thought low gas prices would hurt electric car potential sales, apparently not

View attachment 24456

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/23/tes...ntal-credits-help-drive-to-profitability.html
My opinion only, but I think that market capitalization has almost nothing to do with the value of the underlying company. Back a couple dozen years ago when 'Networking' was the buzz-word du jour, local chip maker Micron Technology had a higher market cap than General Motors. Right now, the buzz is about electric transport. Get 'em while they're hot! Fortunes are made (and lost) over such herd mentality.

Jim