• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

California Open Season

tjorhom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be a member of HGVC in less than a month, but had a quick question. Are the three resorts in California available for open season reservations?

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Three??? There's one I see in open season:

Grand Pacific MarBrisa Resort, Carlsbad, California Studio through three bdrm's throughout February into early March.

tjorhom

TUG Member
Reaction score
The three I have seen are:
Grand Pacific Marbrisa
Grand Pacific Palisades
Carlsbad Seapoint Resort

and I assume that from natarajnv they are all available for open season.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only California property I see to book online for open or club season is MarBrisa.

Though GPP & Seapointe are in our members guide, it would seem that perhaps you need to contact HGVC directly to book them. I am unsure if they are available for Open Season.

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is interesting: While the three you mention plus Club Interwest Palm Desert are in the 2009 Member Guide, only Grand Pacific Marbrisa shows up on-line in the club reservation & HGVC open season sections.

These others are affiliates and will likely require you to call the HGVC reservation # to book. I have no idea if they are available as open season rentals.

(I hear an echo in here)

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is interesting: While the three you mention plus Club Interwest Palm Desert are in the 2009 Member Guide, only Grand Pacific Marbrisa shows up on-line in the club reservation & HGVC open season sections.

These others are affiliates and will likely require you to call the HGVC reservation # to book. I have no idea if they are available as open season rentals.

(I hear an echo in here)

My guess is that while it would be GREAT if they opened up all CA affiliates to Open Season, we are unlikely to see this occur. :(

But I can always hope. I would love to pick up open season in Palm Desert.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
When you get you memberhip stuff, go to this member-website:
--- https://www.hgvclub.com/login.php ---
See the "Need Help" box to set up a password.

There you can see what's available online for "open season." I find that using the "classic" reservation option is better for this than the new one.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Talked to the desk, and all the california resorts should be available for open season.

That is good to know, but the only one that shows up online is Marbrisa, so I guess you need to call HGVC for the others???:confused:

Would be nice if all were online.