• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Calendar Availability issue

Al Wilson

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Walk
I can't advance the calendar past end of October, which is 9 months out. I have resale Club Wyndham Plus at Daytona (with ARP), but I can't advance the Daytona calendar past 9 months. Is anyone else seeing this?

Al Wilson

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Walk
I can't advance the calendar past end of October, which is 9 months out. I have resale Club Wyndham Plus at Daytona (with ARP), but I can't advance the Daytona calendar past 9 months. Is anyone else seeing this?
nevermind. It must have been in middle of some update. It's working now.

Al Wilson

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Walk
nevermind. It must have been in middle of some update. It's working now.
So this is actually still an issue. Does anyone else notice it? I can login later in a day, and have the full calendar. Login again a few days later, and be back to the calendar stopping in October. There's no rhyme or reason to this. It's extremely frustrating. I currently have a six month view of availability.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
So this is actually still an issue. Does anyone else notice it? I can login later in a day, and have the full calendar. Login again a few days later, and be back to the calendar stopping in October. There's no rhyme or reason to this. It's extremely frustrating. I currently have a six month view of availability.

The calendars aren't working correctly. Use the Dashboard to search.

Although I recently noticed the Dashboard searches don't always work correctly either. I messaged Hitchhiker ask him to try to duplicate it to report it.

I only discovered the problem with the Dashboard searches when I went back to search an area I searched just a few minutes before. I had flexible dates checked and it was telling me there was absolutely nothing available at any of the resorts in the area. There had been enough availability that I knew it couldn't have all been booked in five minutes. So I changed the dates a little and tried again. Sure enough the inventory I'd previously seen was now once again showing. This happened in two different areas I was searching. After I figured this out I noticed that sometimes my first search would turn up nothing but a subsequent search would show something if I tweaked the dates slightly. So try changing the dates by even a day or two and clicking flexible dates if you aren't seeing anything on your first search or if you go back to search something you saw a few minutes before and is now showing nothing.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I find dashbard works better than resort, but even dashboard can be glitchy.

If I really need something, I have a tendency to check BOTH, frustrating that it doesn't work anymore, when it used to. Good IT only fix code, they don't break existing functionality and then take months and months to figure out what they did. Perhaps they have crap Regression Testing methods or teams.

troy12n

Reaction score
I have been having sporadic issues with certain resorts for months via both methods, one day, magically I checked and the dates I needed were there, except for the last night. I always use the monthly calendar from the resort page, but just to check, I also checked via the dashboard, which I find very annoying and not as intuitive... but when I checked the day was there, I made my reservation and appear to be golden.

I have checked back a couple times since then and it's gone back to zero availability from today until February... this is so frustrating.

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I am trying to modify a reservation by adding a day. I keep getting an error, "Something unexpected happened"

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am trying to modify a reservation by adding a day. I keep getting an error, "Something unexpected happened"

That usually means that there is a day available, but it does not match what your unit type is. This is a known bug, I had it happen many times.

See my previous thread on this....

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I've been trying to add a night to one of our reservations. There's availability in the exact same size and type unit but when I try to modify the reservation the system says there's no availability. After days of trying I called in and the rep could see there was availability but he got the same message I did. He sent my call on to Owner Care but they couldn't or wouldn't do anything. Their oh so helpful suggestion was to book an additional reservation for two more nights. Why should have to use my points to book a high point night I neither want nor need because Wyndham can't deliver a system that functions as it should? I didn't waste my time trying to get the call escalated to a supervisor because Wyndham has shut that down along with the first level reps ability to fix issues they absolutely should be allowed to fix.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've been trying to add a night to one of our reservations. There's availability in the exact same size and type unit but when I try to modify the reservation the system says there's no availability. After days of trying I called in and the rep could see there was availability but he got the same message I did. He sent my call on to Owner Care but they couldn't or wouldn't do anything. Their oh so helpful suggestion was to book an additional reservation for two more nights. Why should have to use my points to book a high point night I neither want nor need because Wyndham can't deliver a system that functions as it should? I didn't waste my time trying to get the call escalated to a supervisor because Wyndham has shut that down along with the first level reps ability to fix issues they absolutely should be allowed to fix.

I kept trying and eventually I was able to add the night I wanted. Keep trying would be my suggestion.

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Yes, I searched for a reservation that would include the night I want to add, and it shows availability. Therefore, I could rebook and cancel the original. But I do not want to use a reservation credit to do that.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Yes, I searched for a reservation that would include the night I want to add, and it shows availability. Therefore, I could rebook and cancel the original. But I do not want to use a reservation credit to do that.
Reservation transactions are free if you do it online. (The more complicated explanation is that it will use a RT if you still have free ones available, but once you run out they're free online all year.) If the full reservation (not just the additional night) is available in inventory, that's the way to do it.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

Please remember that just because you can "see" availability for other net new inventory - does not mean that you can expand your existing reservation that is attached to an existing inventory block. I've run into this several times myself -and have validated with certainty that merely searching for net new availability isn't going to result in the owner being able to add days to an existing inventory for the same date range. The ability to "Modify Dates" does not perform a cancel/rebook in other words - it's actually adding nights to your existing block of inventory that you had previously booked. So if that same block of inventory has already been booked on either side - and you try to add to that existing inventory using the Modify Dates feature - it's not going to work - even if you see net new inventory that shows as available.

As you said - you can always book a room of the same size with a net new reservation - and then contact the resort directly and see if they can enjoin the two reservations so you can stay in the same room without moving between the adjoining room reservations - but this isn't ever guaranteed as we all know.

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I kept trying and eventually I was able to add the night I wanted. Keep trying would be my suggestion.

If this works it's because availability attached to your existing reservation inventory block became available. You can thank whomever canceled a reservation that was using your existing inventory block for it working eventually. What aggravates me is that the Modify Dates calendar is not properly reflecting true availability for your actual existing reservation inventory block specifically for your room size/type - it's showing it for any room size/type. We reported this months ago and it's still an open issue - disappointing to say the least.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If this works it's because availability attached to your existing reservation inventory block became available. You can thank whomever canceled a reservation that was using your existing inventory block for it working eventually. What aggravates me is that the Modify Dates calendar is not properly reflecting true availability for your actual existing reservation inventory block specifically for your room size/type - it's showing it for any room size/type. We reported this months ago and it's still an open issue - disappointing to say the least.

I agree, the system didn't just work, but inventory that made it happy worked.

My point was that inventory is constantly changing, if you really want something, keep trying.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I can't get individual resorts to even search anymore....are other getting this too.

I get the message at the top, and i can pick a check in date ONLY, then it just spins and spins.

1683173583161.png