• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cabo Villas 2 bedroom/3 bathroom?

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Exchanged into Cabo Villas for Thanksgiving week. I also own a contract there. This exchange is 2 bedroom 3 bathroom which I have never seen before. The confirmation also has a persons name under room assignment unlike the standard nothing. Question is anyone familiar with this floor plan. I’ll probably end up calling as much as I dislike doing that.

TIA

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Encantada, Playa Grande, Pueblo Bonito Sunset
Hi Jules,
Sorry from my previous response in error as I reread your post and have a possible explanation for a 2 bedroom 3 bath booking.
CV has two types of 1 bedroom units. One has a bedroom that is separated from the living area by a half wall with shutters on top. This is called a 1 bedroom deluxe (similar to a JR suite at other resorts). They also have a 1 bedroom Executive which has a full kitchen and a powder room off the living area and a separate bedroom with a bath off the living room. These units can be made adjoining by opening a door between the one bedroom deluxe and a 1 bedroom executive. This is the only way I'm aware of to get 2 bedroom-3 bathrooms as their standard 2 bedroom units have only 2 bathrooms- one private and one off the living/kitchen area.

Does the reservation happen to say "Sandavol" on it? If so, it's the 6th (top) floor condo that is ocean front and was owned by the woman who sold the front property to the Ericksons. She has passed on and CV rents it out for the family is my understanding.

Last edited:

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Buyer,
Thank you for your reply. 131 Tuggers have viewed this post and only 1 reply so far. We are going to Cabo 11/15-12/4 so I need 3 weeks. First week 11/15-11/22 Pueblo Bonita Rose which I like. 11/21-11/28 is the Cabo Villas Exchange. Still looking for 11/27 or 11/28. I’m pretty familiar with the floor plans. I guess I have never stayed in the 1 bed ex with extra bathroom off the living room. Which tower are those in? You know that tower 1(original tower) has been torn down for the new construction so all the condos with that funky 1/2 wall are no Maas. The name on the exchange confirmation is SWIRE. Did I read on TUG you got rid of your Cabo Villas contracts? You still own in Cabo I see do you still visit there? I upgraded in 2012 to an only pay when you use 14 days available per year contract Weeks 1-52 and also can book just a few nights on this contract. I previously owned 4 weeks that had to be booked and paid for every year. Saved me a lot of money in long term. In 2012 there were promises of new tower construction. That tower is finally going to open Dec.19 only 8 years later aaahhh Mexico.
I’m pretty stoked about this exchange. Hopefully check in doesn’t screw me over and put me on the first floor in the tower that those units face the pool wall. Any suggestions of how I can keep that from happening? As being an owner never gets you much special consideration lol.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Hi Buyer,
Thank you for your reply. 131 Tuggers have viewed this post and only 1 reply so far. ....

It might be that the other 130 Tuggers, which included me, didn't have anything useful to reply to you with and didn't want to flood your inbox. I tend to read a lot, if not all, of the posts in forums that interest me, particularly when they are about resorts I haven't been to. I do that in an effort to learn more and identify places that might be good to go to on a vacation. I generally don't chime in unless I have a question about something or feel that it might be worth raising a point - in this case, if I had posted a question, had it read by over a hundred knowledgeable people that might have the answer and actually got the answer in less than a day, I would be quite pleased that I had found the right place to post the question and so many people were interested enough to read it even if the didn't reply. YMMV.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow Eric easy Tiger. My comment was just that a comment not a bad criticism. I’ve been active on Tug 12 years longer then you have Eric. I have gotten and given thousands of dollars worth of advice through the years and given away weeks I could not use or rent. I’m well aware of how this system works.
i understand in this world we are living in today people believe it is their right to say anything to anyone anywhere. Especially on the internet. I fear in this instance Eric you made an error and it was rude and totally unnecessary. Since I don’t know you personally I can only shake my head. I thought about sending you a private message, but figured since you wanted to post publicly that is your preferred form of communication.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I offer my most sincere apology for any potential error I may have made in pointing out the possible interpretations of the comment, particularly if it was perceived as being rude and unnecessary. Full stop - end of discussion.

oldbuyer

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Encantada, Playa Grande, Pueblo Bonito Sunset
First week 11/15-11/22 Pueblo Bonita Rose which I like. 11/21-11/28 is the Cabo Villas Exchange. Still looking for 11/27 or 11/28. I’m pretty familiar with the floor plans. I guess I have never stayed in the 1 bed ex with extra bathroom off the living room. Which tower are those in? You know that tower 1(original tower) has been torn down for the new construction so all the condos with that funky 1/2 wall are no Maas. The name on the exchange confirmation is SWIRE.
I’m pretty stoked about this exchange. Hopefully check in doesn’t screw me over and put me on the first floor in the tower that those units face the pool wall. Any suggestions of how I can keep that from happening? As being an owner never gets you much special consideration lol.
[/QUOTE]

Hi Jules, I think I might have helped you with a HE rescission about a year ago:)

The tower you are referring to that was torn down was the CVR building and Cachet was built on that site and the parking lot behind it (old restaurant). The newest building is this Cachet Hotel and in not part of CV (a new partner that they manage the property for).

CV properties are now only the front tower on the beach that the sunset bar was moved on top of(from the old CVR building). The other CV property is the modern apartment like blocks called Bayview that were built behind the pool bar in 2009. I do not remember the configuration of the Bayview units as the regular owners were never allowed to book there unless you "upgraded". There might be a 2 bedroom 3 bath combination there. The CV buildings can get you 2 bedrooms and 3 baths as I mentioned in my previous post and those rooms are not near the "wall of shame" units facing the pool wall that were for exchanges and getaways.

CV is a nice property that we have spent over 20 weeks at but it's noisy and caters to a 20-40 something crowd. We returned our contracts to them as they raised the MF the maximum of 5-10% EVERY year and added 3 additional assessments in 8 years. CV wanted you to get out and acted to enforce that so they could resell the CVR building to the Cachet partner. Additionally, getting the room you paid for 365 days in advance and confirmed the week before arrival was often a battle at check in. They also have a huge staff turn over problem so it's a zoo at check in.

How to maybe get the room you were hoping to get: Find out the name of the front desk manager and call the front desk about 5 days before checkin and remind him/her as they assigning the rooms about then. If you are at Rose just walk over and say hello in person. The afternoon before check in come over again and ask if everything is going as planned and ask them if the room you will get was occupied today (if it was, then checkin will be 4:00+ if it was vacant they might let you bring your luggage over just after noon when the check outs have all left.

Despite the hassles of CV the nicest sunrises I've seen are sitting on your balcony or in your spa while staying in the ocean front tower. You really do not smell the grill fumes until lunchtime:).

Have a great visit

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
As always you have the answers I needed. I know it’s hard to believe but that HE rescission was 4 years ago. You also helped me with a PBS rescission a few years before that lol. I have finally learned my lesson. Those purchases were going to be for rental inventory. I’m glad I cancelled as Mexico gets to be a tougher rental each year.
We did book in Bayview 2 years ago at Christmas. It was ok, but really showing its age. Also there was construction of the new building and pool next door.
CV is actually letting existing owners book time in the new Cachet Corazon Tower at this time. I booked a 2 bedroom for a client for Christmas week. I’m very interested to hear how his client likes it.
I will call and then jet over to CV the day before check in. Don’t need to move our luggage as our Rose reservation overlaps a day. I dislike checking in the same time as everyone does on Saturday as it’s always such a cluster. I like strolling in once the high pressure ck in folks have left for the night.
Thanks again for your time and knowledge.