• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cabo San Lucas Information

Lloydwa1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going to Cabo in October and, being this is our first visit would like to explore the Baja California. Please share information on reliable/inexpensive car rental agencies and sugestions on places to see. We are Royal Resort fans so would like to visit the area Around Cabo Cortes where Royal is building a new resort. Has any one been there?
Thank you, Lloyd

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cabo Info

You may want to go to www.tripadvisor.com and go to the baja board and look for info on Dominic. I rented a car from him a year ago and it was great
no add ons just a flat fee but it's cash. He will deliver the car where you want and pick it up where you want. Also while you are there look up
"trapper's list" it is a great list of places to eat. Have fun :wave:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
See post #4 in this thread, which is from the sticky at the top of the Mexico forum thread list. Be sure to see the video that is mentioned first thing in the thread. Right below the small screen where the video shows is a menu of other videos--be sure to watch all of them to get a good overview of the whole area of Los Cabos.

I'm not endorsing the travel agency that presents the video, but there's a lot of good information about Los Cabos.

Last edited:

kathyj0205

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dominic for car rental

I second the recommendation on Dominic. I rented from him when we were in Cabo, and he was great. Yes, it's cash, which made my DH a little nervous. But when we had some car trouble, he refunded us almost half the rental - also in cash. His cash price includes everything - no extra insurance, no extra taxes, no hidden fees, no standing in line and getting a "better rate" if you just do this t/s tour. I am renting from him again twice this winter, and my DH has also recommened him to others. His e-mail is domosanlucas@prodigy.net.mx, and his cell # is 949-338-8075. I'm sure he won't mind having these numbers posted, as I've seen them elsewhere, but it's always a hunt to find them. It's important to make a reservation, as he doesn't have a huge fleet of cars. I just wish all car rental were as easy as this.
Kathy

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Car Rental

For those of you going to cabo soon, good information for car rental

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
On the Pacific side there are two surfing beaches close to Todos Santos. The easy beach is Cerritos. www.ceritosbcs.com This beach has gentle waves that can be waded into for body surfing or boarding. There is a cool bar / restaurant on site as well with great fish tacos and margaritas. The other beach is La Pastora just a bit north of Todos Santos. Waves are bigger here. On weekends there are a lot of people on this beach otherwise its kind of lonely.

Dominic is the way to go for a car rental.
Alamo and Avis are less expensive using the right credit card to cover the damage to the car and america express has the best rental coverages.

Heading down the Sea of Cortez side there are some places to explore. Just north of Cabo is Santa Maria Beach. This is a great snorkel and swimming beach. There is a parking area and its a short walk to the beach. San Jose and Playita are worth a look at least once. East Cape is another surfing area. Should you decide to drive over the mountain you will find some interesting areas and towns. Up in the Siera Laguna there are some really nice hiking
trails and little towns.

www.cabosanlucasbeaches.com
We love the Baja.