• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cabo right now

flatiron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Summit Watch Platinum
Marriott's Ocean Pointe Gold
Hi jules-

My friend was invited to Cabo in mid-December in a friends timeshare because her husband dropped out due to Covid travel concerns. It looks like Mexico has no quarantine rules for anyone entering the country. Not sure what medical care is like there if something should happen? Also before returning home our state requires a negative Covid test in Mexico within 3-days of departure back home, (and again 3 days after quarantine/arrival). Not sure how readily available "travel Covid" tests are in Cabo for those without symptoms?

Can you elaborate on your personal thoughts or experience with any or all of the above? She's trying to make an informed decision.
Thanks!

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
How was the airport ?

Bill

Mcjohan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN/OF, WLR
We’re flying there next week from California. I’m trying to figure out if we need to fill-out & print any forms from home to present upon arrival, or if the airline (Alaska) will give us everything on the airplane before we land like they usually do.

When we were there in February the police were really cracking down on Uber drivers. Do you know if that’s still going on?

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
When we were there in February the police were really cracking down on Uber drivers. Do you know if that’s still going on?
Cracking down in what way? Is Uber not permitted there? Are they restricted from certain places? Just trying to understand your statement. Thanks!

Kurt

Mcjohan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN/OF, WLR
Cracking down in what way? Is Uber not permitted there? Are they restricted from certain places? Just trying to understand your statement. Thanks!

Kurt
When we were there in February Uber drivers wouldn’t pick-up or drop-off in front of our resort (Westin Los Cabos Resort) because the police were often sitting outside the gates. We had to walk to the highway to catch a ride.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi jules-

My friend was invited to Cabo in mid-December in a friends timeshare because her husband dropped out due to Covid travel concerns. It looks like Mexico has no quarantine rules for anyone entering the country. Not sure what medical care is like there if something should happen? Also before returning home our state requires a negative Covid test in Mexico within 3-days of departure back home, (and again 3 days after quarantine/arrival). Not sure how readily available "travel Covid" tests are in Cabo for those without symptoms?

Can you elaborate on your personal thoughts or experience with any or all of the above? She's trying to make an informed decision.
Thanks!
I can’t comment on what COVID tests are available in Mexico. My state doesn’t require anything for reentry. Everything is very Covid conscience in Cabo. All restaurants and even Walmart are taking temps and having you sanitize before you can enter. Extra information on Covid in all resorts and in each room. We don’t really do anything but lay out in the sun and eat lol. Pools follow social distancing, of course that is up to the individual to enforce also. 2 out of 3 of the resorts we have stayed at had their gyms open with max of people requirements.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score

Kurt
We have had nothing but positive experiences with Uber. No hassles what so ever. The drivers can not pick up at the lobby of resorts but have you meet them on the street. They do drop off at Lobby. We have only stayed in resorts in Cabo so I can’t speak for the corridor resorts. It costs about 50 peso to go get most places. From PB Rose to Walmart it was 49 return was more expensive I think 69. We also took a taxi back once from Walmart as it was dark and we had a bunch of groceries. That cost 9.00 US.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
We’re flying there next week from California. I’m trying to figure out if we need to fill-out & print any forms from home to present upon arrival, or if the airline (Alaska) will give us everything on the airplane before we land like they usually do.

We tried filling out all the forms online and printed them out. It did us no good. We had to redo all the forms once we landed going through customs.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
How was the airport ?

Bill
San Jose Airport seemed pretty much the same. Social distancing in customs line. Once again all about personal responsibility. Mask wearing is strictly enforced. Of course If someone won’t wear a mask at home they are going to try to get away with not wearing on here. Most folks I see not wearing masks are clearly from the US.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi jules-

Thanks!
Everyone has to make their own decision upon traveling. We did almost buy travel medical insurance in case of emergency evacuation was needed. Upon doing my research most policies don’t cover Covid. Also a lot of fine print about Evac. Most say to nearest emergency medical treatment center capable of treatment. Doesn’t say in USA or hospital of your choice at home. Maybe in the more expensive policies it might be different.
I would choose to go to Mexico again. We are both 66 and in great health with no under laying medical problems. We are returning home 12/4 and leaving again for Playa Del Carmen 1/10, or 1/16 and returning home 3/6.

rutharussell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi jules-

Thanks!
I do not have any experience with medical since Covid, however, when we were in Puerto Vallarta in November 2018, my husband became sick and was dehydrated and the resort sent us to a clinic - Larry spent the night on IV's and I had to bring the pediolite drinks from the store for him. Everything went well and he got very good care from English speaking staff. However, when I had kidney stones at 30,000 feet and went to the "American" hospital upon arrival in Cancun, we had to pay in advance of any treatment - Xray and ultrasounds - then I spent a night in hospital on IV's. The nurse did not speak English, only the doctor. Both experiences were OK and the costs were a fraction of what it would be in the US. I was glad to have a debit card in Cancun because they only accepted cash. PV accepted our credit card. I assume they would take care of you, but I'd be concerned if a ventilator were required - all of their equipment looked like it was repurposed from the US. Not sure if this helps.