• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cab rates from Grande Vista to parks

siki

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I called Marriott today and was told they don't have shuttles to the park, but they do have cabs on site. However, the guy did not know the rates.

Does anyone know what the rates would be for 2 adults and one child from the Marriott Grande Vista to WDW or Universal?

Thanks!
Michelle

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Not sure I would want to pay the cab rates from MGV to any of the parks. The closest park (other than SeaWorld) is perhaps a 10 minute drive, more like 15 to 20 in most cases. It would be rather expensive to take a cab over multiple days. Far better to rent a car. Is there a reason you are not renting a car?

siki

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a reason you are not renting a car?

We are renting a car on site at the Marriott through Hertz. Another party in our group thought they were going to be able to take a shuttle to the parks. I'm not sure why they don't want to rent a car. I guess they were trying to figure out the cheapest way to get to the parks.

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Rent

We always win a Priceline bid of either 16 or 17 dollars per day. Trust me you will be glad u did.
FYI rental car taxes are expensive in Orlando. Obviously you will have to pay Disney parking. I still think it would be cheaper than a taxi.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of reasons to rent a car besides getting to the park, however, I'd be hard pressed to prove it is a cost effective approach.

I don't know the answer, but I'll bet that the rental car plus paying to park is more expensive than cabbing it.

NWL

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can take the Trolley from the entrance at Grande Vista to Universal. It's a short walk from the Wet and Wild to the entrance at Universal.

Disney is more complicated. :)

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
This won't help the OP who apparently has a reservation at Grande Vista, but if one is going to Orlando for the Disney parks and for whatever reason does not want to rent a car, the best Marriott TS is Sabal Palms. The World Center has a shuttle and Sabal Palms is a shorter walk to the shuttle than Royal or Imperial Palms. And if one wants to use a cab, the World Center is quite a bit closer to Disney than the other Orlando area Marriotts. It is not the best for Universal--no shuttle there and it is farther.

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
About $40

We just took a cab a couple weeks ago from Disney's Wilderness Lodge to the HGVC at Seaworld and it cost us $40 inc tip. The Marriott GV is on Int'l Drive a bit south but also more round about so I would use that $40 as a pretty close estimate. That was one way.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
So just use your math and say you go to the parks five days. That's $400. Say it costs another $100 back and forth to the airport. Take off the $70 you saved in parking at the parks and you are at $430.

In busy times rental cars are $500-800 per week.

I'd still get a rental, but the math is close.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
So just use your math and say you go to the parks five days. That's $400. Say it costs another $100 back and forth to the airport. Take off the $70 you saved in parking at the parks and you are at $430.

In busy times rental cars are $500-800 per week.

I'd still get a rental, but the math is close.

If it isn't a busy time or you take the time to watch rates, you can get closer to a couple hundred for a week.