• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

C/S Rep Challeged

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I usually extoll the virtues of the HGVC's C/S Reps, but I must'a got a new one.
What should've been a 10-15 minute call took 30-40 minutes.

The call started badly when I left out a digit from my member number.
Do that, and it'll take them five minutes to find your account. My fault.

First Issue: I needed to cancel an RCI reservation. She had trouble determining what points had been used. Inititally, she used some bizarre numbers which almost made me laugh. She put me on hold to check on that.

She said I would lose the points from 2011. I replied, "AFAIK, I should still be able to deposit them to RCI." She had to check on that.

After telling me that I was correct, she put me on hold again to check on how to charge the applicable fee. Then she got the digits on my CC wrong. <sigh>

Next Issue: Now that I have these points back, can I use them for pending 2012 reservaations in lieu of the points that I borrowed from 2013? She didn't know. "I'll have to check."

Last Issue: I'd like to know if Open Season is ever available for 'x' affiliate. Do I need to transfer to a HGVC rep?

Her: "No, I can help you."
Me: "Great, do you ever see OS availability for 'x' affiliate?"
Her: "Do you have its RCI Number?"
Me: "No, its in the Guide as a HGVC affiliate."
Her: "Where is it? ... Oh, yeah. Well, yes. But you'll need to check again."

Last edited:

itradehilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sometimes we just have to roll our eyes at the answers some C/S reps give us. I'm guessing the answers were not in her handy play book. Hopefully they will train her quickly.

jestme

Reaction score
It sounds like a new employee, at least they were willing to get the right answers. Look at it on the good side, it sounds like HGVC are hiring new people. A lot of places just make do with the people they have if someone leaves these days, or outsource their whole call center to India.

hvacrsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
I usually extoll the virtues of the HGVC's C/S Reps, but I must'a got a new one.
What should've been a 10-15 minute call took 30-40 minutes.

The call started badly when I left out a digit from my member number.
Do that, and it'll take them five minutes to find your account. My fault.

First Issue: I needed to cancel an RCI reservation. She had trouble determining what points had been used. Inititally, she used some bizarre numbers which almost made me laugh. She put me on hold to check on that.

She said I would lose the points from 2011. I replied, "AFAIK, I should still be able to deposit them to RCI." She had to check on that.

After telling me that I was correct, she put me on hold again to check on how to charge the applicable fee. Then she got the digits on my CC wrong. <sigh>

Next Issue: Now that I have these points back, can I use them for pending 2012 reservaations in lieu of the points that I borrowed from 2013? She didn't know. "I'll have to check."

Last Issue: I'd like to know if Open Season is ever available for 'x' affiliate. Do I need to transfer to a HGVC rep?

Her: "No, I can help you."
Me: "Great, do you ever see OS availability for 'x' affiliate?"
Her: "Do you have its RCI Number?"
Me: "No, its in the Guide as a HGVC affiliate."
Her: "Where is it? ... Oh, yeah. Well, yes. But you'll need to check again."

Was her name Cindy?
That is the one that treated me so badly!
I am still not happy with her, now that I am where I didn't really want to be and am even more upset abot it.

NEXT time I am just going to hang up and hope I get another one that is better or ask for a Manager on Duty if such a thing exist!
We pay a lot of money to HGVC, the service should be better!