• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bye-bye Long Beach, hello LAX: JetBlue exiting longtime Southern California base

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Bye-bye Long Beach, hello LAX: JetBlue exiting longtime Southern California base

By Dawn Gilbertson/ Airline News / USA Today / www.usatoday.com / July 9, 2020
USA TODAY

“JetBlue Airways plans to exit its longtime southern California base in Long Beach and move most of the flights to Los Angeles International Airport in a bid to woo more travelers.

The New York-based carrier, known for its free in-flight TV and Wi-Fi and trendy free snacks, said its last flights from Long Beach will be Oct. 6....”

1754D7CD-BCA3-4532-8548-051DFED19BED.jpeg

A row of JetBlue tails lined up at an airport.
Credit: JetBlue Airways / USA Today

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
For me, moving from LGB to LAX is a turn-off and would cause me to not consider flying JetBlue.
For me its the opposite. Have never flown Jet Blue. It hasnt been on the radar of the search engines I use.
Park the car at the Marriott shuttle over to the terminal LAX is cheaper than my local airport at SNA and works for us.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I hope Hawaiian jumps in LGB with more flights, its super convenient for me, we have a friend that lives 1/2 mile from the airport. LGB to HNL is the same price as LAX-HNL on Hawaiian. I hate flying LAX!

I’ve only taken JetBlue out of LGB to FLL for cruises, and won’t be doing those anytime soon, so no loss for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So, did y’all get the email about the partnership between AA and JetBlue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bill4728

Reaction score
we fly to LA several times a year and often use JetBlue and love the LGB airport Getting a rental car there is a 10 minute task vs 1 hour at least with LAX and the shuttles ect.

Sorry to see this.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
we fly to LA several times a year and often use JetBlue and love the LGB airport Getting a rental car there is a 10 minute task vs 1 hour at least with LAX and the shuttles ect.

That definitely is one advantage of using smaller airports in larger cities that are near by the large city's major airport. The downside, however, is that the flights to the smaller airports are usually fewer and farther between and it's also a challenge finding non-stop flights to the smaller airports while non-stop flights to the major airports are easier to come by (at least from where we live).

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
So, did y’all get the email about the partnership between AA and JetBlue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

American and JetBlue form New York partnership

By Robert Silk / Aviation / Travel Weekly / www.travelweekly.com / July 16, 2020

“American and JetBlue will form a robust partnership centered upon the New York area and Boston, part of both carriers' strategy to accelerate their recovery from the Covid-19 crisis.

At the core of the partnership is a planned codeshare arrangement that would give American customers access to 130 JetBlue routes. Conversely, JetBlue plans to affix its code on 60 American routes.

As part of the agreement, JetBlue pledged to further build its presence at all three major New York-area airports, while American has announced new international routes from New York JFK.

American also announced plans Tuesday to launch service between JFK and Tel Aviv once the partnership is implemented and to offer seasonal JFK-Athens service next summer. The routes will be the first long-haul services American has launched from New York in more than four years, it said....”

62DE70C6-2107-41EF-8941-875AD48C7750.jpeg

American Airlines Boeing 777 taking off from JFK International Airport with a JetBlue Airbus A320 taxing behind it.
Queens, New York, USA, October 2, 2019

Photo By NYC Russ / www.shutterstock.com

musictom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with Bill above. LGB is such an incredibly convenient terminal. Deplane, grab your luggage, and you can be in your rental car within 15 minutes. Also, LAX seems to be impacted by traffic 24/7 these days. I'm sorry to see JetBlue leave LGB.

Although, to be honest, since JB shrunk their seat pitch to the industry standard, they're much less attractive to me as an airline.