• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

By Hilton Club points

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
I confirmed the long suspected theory that the bHC points are usable at other bHC resorts if you own at more than one bHC location. I had zero W57 points for 2020 (resale I purchased had used them up) and used my 2020 The Residences points to book W57 in December.

It does seem too complicated/onerous to make separate bHC points for each resort, at least for now.

Sean

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think we knew that here, but I don't remember. Confirmation is always good, though. Thanks!

Cheers.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
I think we knew that here, but I don't remember. Confirmation is always good, though. Thanks!

Cheers.
It was suspected and discussed when someone recently bought The District and also owned at W57 - all bHC points in one bucket. He may have posted confirmation- just didn’t remember. But this shows that if you want to supplement your W57 points, you can use less expensive bHC points.

Sean

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was suspected and discussed when someone recently bought The District and also owned at W57 - all bHC points in one bucket. He may have posted confirmation- just didn’t remember. But this shows that if you want to supplement your W57 points, you can use less expensive bHC points.

Sean

Well, for the next year or so, supplementing my bHC (or any HGVC) points is the least of our worries :)

Thanks again for the confirmation.

Cheers.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
I confirmed the long suspected theory that the bHC points are usable at other bHC resorts if you own at more than one bHC location. I had zero W57 points for 2020 (resale I purchased had used them up) and used my 2020 The Residences points to book W57 in December.

It does seem too complicated/onerous to make separate bHC points for each resort, at least for now.

Sean
im new to hgvc, can you explain bhc points? are these hgvc points that you acquire having bought a bhc property (dc, nyc, are there others)?

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
im new to hgvc, can you explain bhc points? are these hgvc points that you acquire having bought a bhc property (dc, nyc, are there others)?

By Hilton Club is a separate group of resorts that usually have different booking windows. Many are urban resorts, but that had changed recently. Most were hotel conversions.

bHC resorts include the NY properties (West 57th, The Residences, The Quin and Central on 5th), The District in Washington DC, Liberty Square in Charleston SC (not open yet) Los Cabos in Mexico (not open yet), Honolulu (not open yet), and the 3 Japanese resorts.

The booking windows are different for many of the resorts. You can do shorter stays and have the option of all inclusive club dues. While you can use you bHC points at any resort during the club period, the MF’s are high and it’s recommended that you use them for bHC reservations only.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana

Sean

So if I understand what you are saying, if you own two bHC properties you can intermix bHC points within the two properties you own during the resort only reservation window. You cannot reserve outside those two properties, correct?

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
By Hilton Club is a separate group of resorts that usually have different booking windows. Many are urban resorts, but that had changed recently. Most were hotel conversions.

bHC resorts include the NY properties (West 57th, The Residences, The Quin and Central on 5th), The District in Washington DC, Liberty Square in Charleston SC (not open yet) Los Cabos in Mexico (not open yet), Honolulu (not open yet), and the 3 Japanese resorts.

The booking windows are different for many of the resorts. You can do shorter stays and have the option of all inclusive club dues. While you can use you bHC points at any resort during the club period, the MF’s are high and it’s recommended that you use them for bHC reservations only.
Thanks, I understand I can use HGVC points to book those above properties, pending availability of course. Is that right? And you can use bhc points at other HGVC properties, but like you said MFs are high so it wouldn't be a good regular use of your points.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks, I understand I can use HGVC points to book those above properties, pending availability of course. Is that right? And you can use bhc points at other HGVC properties, but like you said MFs are high so it wouldn't be a good regular use of your points.

You can, but some of the club booking windows are very short. W57th, The Residences and The District have a 60 day window where any HGVC owners can book. That’s it. Liberty Square and the upcoming Cabo resort both have the 276 day window. The Quin and Central on 5th have something in between.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Are there any significant arbitrage opportunities in this? Lower buy-in at certain properties - however you still need to own both properties. MF opportunities? Seems like plus and minuses may wash but a nice benefit to use all of your points.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Are there any significant arbitrage opportunities in this?

I’m sure there are, but it seems like more of a short term loophole some can take advantage of while it is there. It could be expensive buying a property for arbitrage purposes, with no guarantee the loophole won’t be plugged within a year or two of purchase.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I’m sure there are, but it seems like more of a short term loophole some can take advantage of while it is there. It could be expensive buying a property for arbitrage purposes, with no guarantee the loophole won’t be plugged within a year or two of purchase.
Just like when you could pool and use regular HGVC points at bHC properties if you owned both?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

liongate88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC (AUL), WKV, SVV, HGVC (BLVD, GW, Elara), HRC , WM
You can, but some of the club booking windows are very short. W57th, The Residences and The District have a 60 day window where any HGVC owners can book. That’s it. Liberty Square and the upcoming Cabo resort both have the 276 day window. The Quin and Central on 5th have something in between.
Hi, great info. I am considering getting into bHC. Follow up questions, If you are bHC owner what would be the booking window for other bHC resorts not your home resort? Would bHC also have access to lounge access for all bHC or only to the ones you own? And lastly, “inclusive club dues” is this the more expensive but unlimited reservation without paying the 69 usd? Tyrants

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
If you are bHC owner what would be the booking window for other bHC resorts not your home resort?
Look at this Sticky Link to see if it answers your question.

And lastly, “inclusive club dues” is this the more expensive but unlimited reservation without paying the 69 usd?
If you pay bHC club dues with unlimited reservations ($313) then you can make as many reservations as you like with no additional club booking fees.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi, great info. I am considering getting into bHC. Follow up questions, If you are bHC owner what would be the booking window for other bHC resorts not your home resort? Would bHC also have access to lounge access for all bHC or only to the ones you own? And lastly, “inclusive club dues” is this the more expensive but unlimited reservation without paying the 69 usd? Tyrants

1. It depends on the resort. There is no bHC owner booking window at W57, Liberty Square (Charleston SC), or Los Cabos. There is a 15 day window between 74 and 59 days at The Residences (NY) and The District (DC) and a 15 day window between 104 and 89 days at The Quin and Central on 5th (both NY). Not sure what Japan and Honolulu are or will be.

2. Not a bHC owner, but I believe the answer is you don’t get access at lounges except for where you own.

3. All inclusive means you can make, cancel and rebook as many reservations as you like.
hope this helps!

liongate88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC (AUL), WKV, SVV, HGVC (BLVD, GW, Elara), HRC , WM

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would bHC also have access to lounge access for all bHC or only to the ones you own?
Tyrants
Iirc @ccwu mentioned way back that owners at some (not all) bHC properties got reciprocal access to the lounges as they already owned other bHC properties.

I don’t think others have experienced the reciprocal lounge access yet.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
We have been explicitly told no reciprocal lounge access.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been explicitly told no reciprocal lounge access.

Same here. I'm sure exceptions do happen. On a recent package we had an option to stay at Residences in NYC. We own at W. 57th, so no lounge access. We chose instead to stay in the hotel proper so we got Exec Lounge access as Diamond. But, yes, very explicit.

Cheers.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
If you pay bHC club dues with unlimited reservations ($313) then you can make as many reservations as you like with no additional club booking fees.

Could you please clarify... Is the following a case?

> If you pay bHC club dues with unlimited reservations ($313) then you can make as many reservations [at any HGVC properties, including non-bHC] as you like with no additional club booking fees.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could you please clarify... Is the following a case?

> If you pay bHC club dues with unlimited reservations ($313) then you can make as many reservations [at any HGVC properties, including non-bHC] as you like with no additional club booking fees.
Yes you can make as many reservations as you like at both bHC properties and regular non-bHC properties.

You do however need to own a bHC property to be able to buy the AI which is the unlimited reservations.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I shudder to think of the nightmare and cost this would create in customer service and IT, and frustration for customers if they separated all of those bHC buckets. It is a hassle now making sure bHC and club are applied to the right reservations and oldest used first etc. With existing it involves dummy reservations, multiple calls, and sometimes escalation to get points pulled and replaced into the right buckets.

This would exponentially add to the problem that exists today by going from 6 buckets a 3 (years) x 2 (bHC, Club) to more than 9 buckets 3 years x 3+ (Club, bHC1, bHC2...). Simple is better for all. Consider it an incentive to buy additional expensive bHC points. You've got to get something for the premium MF right?

There also may be future buckets for Diamond - who knows?

Last edited:

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
Ok so I get this email which is basically good news (see below). I was confused with the Club Res v. Home Club Res difference. I was told that basically it means saved points can't be used greater than 9 months out. Seems strange but I can live with that. I have quite a bit of points now and will hopefully be able to use them in NYC in 2022.

As a reminder, Saved Points can be used for:

• Club Reservations at Hilton Club – New York
  • Hilton Grand Vacations Club Reservations
  • ClubPartner Perks
  • RCI Deposits
  • RCI Reservations
Saved Points cannot be used for:

• Home Club Reservations at Hilton Club – New York
  • Hilton Hotel Reservations
  • Hilton Honors Conversions