• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Buying Resale will owners previous years points transfer.

ExplorerII

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you say previous year, do you mean current use year points (that is, points that can be used between 10/1/2022 and 9/30/2023)? Because that would make sense in any circumstance, because it's before the midpoint of the use year. Or do you mean that there were previous year points (from prior to 9/30/2022) deposited to the current use year that were also transferred?
Yes I received the current use year points so we booked a few stays last night to use them prior to end of September 2023. When I purchased the seller wasn't clear on the use year so I wasn't sure if I would receive the points. Once I learned it was September I had a feeling I would but again as some have said the way Wyndham does things seems to be a moving target. Very happy that we received them. Now just waiting for the financial side to update so I can know the true maintenance fees that I need to pay. No one in finance seems to know lol.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Now just waiting for the financial side to update so I can know the true maintenance fees that I need to pay. No one in finance seems to know lol.
I'm in the same boat with my new contract - no idea how this will work since the move to Paymentus for billing. I do actually know how much it should be (because I've seen the maintenance fees quoted by other owners here), but I don't know when or how Wyndham will add it to my payment, or if they'll consider me late as soon as they add it, lol.

altiste1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge
Marriott Phuket Beach Club
Wyndham Bali Hai
FWIW, I spoke with Wyndham title services today and asked about transfer of current use year’s points. The agent was definite that “all available” current use year points would transfer with the deed. She did not mention any timeframe on that.

troy12n

Reaction score
I'm curious to see how this plays out for me, I just did the paperwork for my first resale contract. It has an October use year, and supposedly the contract has all of this UY's points, so 3-4 months from now I guess I will find out...

ExplorerII

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you say previous year, do you mean current use year points (that is, points that can be used between 10/1/2022 and 9/30/2023)? Because that would make sense in any circumstance, because it's before the midpoint of the use year. Or do you mean that there were previous year points (from prior to 9/30/2022) deposited to the current use year that were also transferred?
Yes! I received 2022 points as my use year is September. So I received the 551k points from Sept 2022 and will be award next years points. I wasn't sure if I would get the previous points or not so it was a nice surprise.