• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

buying into HGVC

Skkipper

Reaction score
I have decided to jump in and go with HGVC. I am picking up a 4800 points at Parc Soleil. The bonus points and the pretty low annual fee seems to work well with my needs. I just need to wait for it to close out to see if I can get something in Kauai in June when I am there.

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Skipper,

Bonus points suggest you purchased from HGVC (the developer) direct. You'll generally find you pay a huge premium purchasing from the developer and that bonus points don't make up for the additional costs. You have a very limited number of days after the sale to change your mind an rescind the contract.

You can save hefty amounts of money purchasing resale and with a couple of minor exceptions the usage and benefits are the same in HGVC regardless whom you purchase from. There are many threads here on this. HGVC is a great system and we love our weeks with them.

But if you bought from HGVC you overpaid. If you are within the recision period you should do that first off, unless you have money to burn.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Congratulations on joining the club. Its very consumer-friendly.

But buying from Hilton mean you have paid many $1000's too much.
Even with those bonus points, you'd be far better off buying resale.

If still within the rescision period specified in your contract... do so now!
Hook up with a reputable HGVC reseller like Seth Nock or Judy Kozlowski.
... Google them.

Last edited:

piyooshj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescind please asap......buy on ebay or from broker and save yourself tons of money while enjoying the same benefits....

Usually buying used car you get a used car but in this case buying used you get the same as you get the same benefit you would get if you buy from a builder.

RichardL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes we all think you should not buy from a developer. I am interested in how you intend to use HGVC to visit Kauai, because I am not aware of any HGVC resort there. Send me a pm and as a HGVC owner I can make a call and check current availability in Hawaii. Are you suggesting to purchase HGVC and then thru HGVC's RCI portal exchange into an RCI exchange in Kauai. You can do it, but most of the time you need to select the resort and week and go on a wait list. RCI is rarely a simple phone call and instantly you get your choice of selected resort, especially in Hawaii.

As far as recession, I note you did not share what you paid for your unit, because you know someone will reply with an EBAY link showing a similar unit from $2,500-$5,000. If you paid more than that remember that freebe HGVC points value can be computed by simply saying that for the MF of approx $1100 you get 5,000 pts, so each point is worth $.22. Furthermore, what is the expiration date of those freebie points, because if you can't use them within that expiration point then what value are they.

Enjoy the timeshare journey whether you recind and make a more economical decision or if you just jump in with a little less regard to the price. In the end, you will enjoy what timeshares have to offer.

PearlCity

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have decided to jump in and go with HGVC. I am picking up a 4800 points at Parc Soleil. The bonus points and the pretty low annual fee seems to work well with my needs. I just need to wait for it to close out to see if I can get something in Kauai in June when I am there.

I don't think HGVC has a resort on Kauai. Were you planning to trade into Kauai?

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Hilton has no presence in Kauai, HGVC or hotel. It's fairly easy to get a trade through RCI though. I see RCI inventory online all the time, but at this late date you may not get anything for your date.