• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Buying in Virginia Beach

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
A friend is interested in buying in Virginia Beach. He would prefer a 2 bedroom fixed week in August. I am not that familiar with the Virginia Beach market. Any suggestions for him on what to buy and how much he should expect to spend? Also any recommendations for a broker? Thanks

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
NJDave said:
I am not that familiar with the Virginia Beach market. Any suggestions for him on what to buy and how much he should expect to spend? Also any recommendations for a broker? Thanks
TRISH at www.timesharing2000.com she's in Va Bch and is very upfront, she will give him honest suggestions.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
another vote for Trish--very honest and helpful

even though I didn't buy from her (decided against VA Beach), I found her to be very honest and helpful. I would go to her 1st if I was buyng in VA Beach.

Rpeterson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten Mountainside Villas, Atrium Resort - Virginia Beach .
VA Beach

We bought in Va beach last year, found a 2 bdrm lock out at a reasonable price, like the area but the M/F fees are a little steep, I feel anyway. Guess it 's cause it is at the beach. R.P.

dsetzer

Reaction score
raymodnp said:
We bought in Va beach last year, found a 2 bdrm lock out at a reasonable price, like the area but the M/F fees are a little steep, I feel anyway. Guess it 's cause it is at the beach. R.P.

If you wouldn't mind sharing some details about this purchase... VA beach and/or the east coast beach is exactly what I'm looking for.

If you care to share (or via PM, is great too) - what did you pay? And what do you consider "steep M/F"?

Thanks so much!

Kittenkits

Reaction score
NJDave said:
A friend is interested in buying in Virginia Beach. He would prefer a 2 bedroom fixed week in August. I am not that familiar with the Virginia Beach market. Any suggestions for him on what to buy and how much he should expect to spend? Also any recommendations for a broker? Thanks

I stayed a week at the 4 Sails. I liked it. I didn't eat at their restaurant (it didn't look that good) and the unit was a 1 BR. But it had a huge jacuzzi tub, sliding glass doors off the BR and LR that both faced the oceanfront, a parking garage etc.

More over they were selling their units cheap and no one interrupted my vacation to sell me one, but there was a poster detailing sales in the elevator.

It might be a good place to get a good deal.

shar

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seatime, Aruba Divi Phoenix, A Place at the Beach III
We stayed at Barclay Towers a few years ago and enjoyed it very much. I beleive they only have one bedroom units. They do have resales on site. I would suggest that your friend contact the resort directly to see if they have a listing of resales available.

Shar

lweverett

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For a resonably priced unit, I would look into the Colony. The building was built to be sold as condos, but condos were out of favor at the time, so they went T/S. I know the units are large, but nothing about the interior conditions of the units.