• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Buying HGVC resale if I already own

Smith15474

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV- las palmeras platinum yearly
I already have 7000 annual HGVC platinum points at Las Palmeras. If I found and purchased addition platinum points resale for the same resort, Las Palmeras, will this keep my maintenance fees lower (obviously higher then 7000 annual points) compared to buying resale at another resort? I'm assuming if I purchased at the same resort, the points would be added together and the MFs would be based off of the total number of points vs purchasing another resort with it's own associated MFs. Apologies if this has been asked before, I couldn't find it on a quick search.

newportbeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
I already have 7000 annual HGVC platinum points at Las Palmeras. If I found and purchased addition platinum points resale for the same resort, Las Palmeras, will this keep my maintenance fees lower (obviously higher then 7000 annual points) compared to buying resale at another resort? I'm assuming if I purchased at the same resort, the points would be added together and the MFs would be based off of the total number of points vs purchasing another resort with it's own associated MFs. Apologies if this has been asked before, I couldn't find it on a quick search.
The answer is each HOA determines what the annual MF is. So if Las Palmeras as an annual maintenance fee for example of $1510.75, you receive no reduction or discount for owning multiple units. The cost savings is if you purchase 7,000 points at another location with a lower annual MF. So assume you found another location with $1490 of annual maintenance fee, which changes every year, you must ask yourself where do you expect to stay for that week. To use 7,000 from another Hilton means a $69.00 reservation, and no earlier than 9 months before check-in. To stay at your home resort their is no reservation fee. I recommend you research or someone may direct you to a charge of annual MF.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score

Each unit/week (based on Bedroom size and "week") differs at each resort. Over on the HGV forum there's a master list of current MF. Generally speaking, Las Vegas locations have the lower MF fees (MF/point). There are exceptions.

A 7,000 point platinum (vs. gold) at Las Vegas Blvd probably has MF around $850 or so (I'm guessing as I don't own a platinum week there, I Have a 2 BR GOLD week at 7,000 points so it's more MF than if I had a Platinum week).

In your HGV account, the points will get added all together. You'd have two separate MF bills (one for each contract) - even if you bought at the same resort.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard

As @hurnik says above, each deed you own will have their own MF's added to your account. There's no discount on multiple deeds, they all charge the same amount per week. Unless there's a specific reason to purchase at a specific resort, it's always best to look for the lowest MF's per point ratio you can afford. Vegas has some great MF's ratios. I would suggest that The Boulevard, Paradise, Flamingo 2 bedroom, and Elara Plus, Grand and Grand Plus 1 bedroom units would be your best bet in Vegas. Flamingo 2 bedrooms have a much better MF ratio than the 1 bedrooms there ($0.155 to $0.189). Take a peek in the MF section at the TUG HGVC forum, it's very helpful to research the cost of ownership. @GT75 has compiled an awesome spreadsheet that gives the best MF per point ratios in the system. This year's spreadsheet is not complete yet, but it should be very similar to last year's. Most MF's stayed the same and some, like my Flamingo MF's, have gone down!

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Most any resale can be added to the same HGVC account as your Las P purchase. There are a few foreign owned and affiliates that have some exceptions and require a separate account, but most are now in 1 account. My Bay Club affiliate and my Seaworld are in a single account.

If for any reason you end up with two accounts, a phone call can move the points from one to the other, so all bookings can be done from a single account.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
As the others have said: There's no discount for multiple units.

But... You pay annual club dues only once (on the 1st one), and
all your points are lumped together in a single account.
Provided that each unit is titled eggsactly the same way.
Otherwise, you end up with separate accounts.