• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Buying HGVC Help!!!

atlanticwatergate

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am about to buy a 2br. HGVC "managed" TS in Marco island,The Club Regency week 49. My family likes Marco Island. I looked it up and it is a silver week for 3500 points.MF is 630.00 per year. Never owned HGVC, can I trade this to other HGVC resorts ? thru RCI or II, good trading power ?
And what is a good price?

Thanks

Flybender

Reaction score
Yes, you can trade to other HGVC resorts. I have a 2 bdrm during silver season with 3500 points. We were going to book a 1 bdrm in gold season for 3400 and bank the left over 100 points for use at another time. However, not sure how big your family is or what time of year you prefer, but DH and I are looking at upgrading to a 2 bdrm during gold season. We tend to travel more during gold than silver. HGVC is also affiliated with RCI and you can utilize them as well. I am not sure I can help you on price (we own in FL) but if you want to know what we paid send me a PM.

Fergdaddy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd go for a 5000 pt resale pkg. Maintenace fee will be about the same. You'll very quickly wish you had the 1500 extra points. Matter of fact, you'll be wishing you had the 7000 pts pretty quick as well!!

HGVC is wonderful!!

Ferg

atlanticwatergate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the Input, Looking at paying about $1 per point. We like to travel to South Florida once a year in the winter, Husband and wife kids 9 and 11.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
I concur that you will probably be happier with a minimum of 5000 points (Gold Week).

Not sure about the price, but you will probably find prices closer to $1.5 to $2 per point.

There are a couple of respected resellers here on TUG, Seth Nock & Judi are two that come to mind right away.

We enjoy the great flexibilty of HGVC, just wish they had some more clubs in more locations....but I believe from what I have read they are working on that request.

Bill4728

Reaction score
The price on silver HGVC at the true HGVC locations is about $1.3/pt resale. But as most people have already said you'll want more points than that if you plan on exchanging alot.

Buy an affiliate, if you're planning on visiting that location a lot. Or if you can get alot of points for the affiliate (like the bay club in Hawaii). Buying a silver unit (worth 3500 pts) with the idea of trading is OK but you'll do alot better if you have atleast 5000 pts.

Please read the HGVC advice here on TUG. See the top of this board for the link

Good Luck

jramsey

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a platimum 7000 at the Las Vegas Hilton. From our point of view, it was a wonderful buy. The 7000 points turn into 2 weeks of a 1 bedroom suite (just the two of us). (works out to 3500 points a week for a one bedroom at their resorts) Even better if trading with RCI.

chuck1955

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you purchase two 3400-3500 point units and use the point total for single usage? And if so are there any additional fees for combining the points?

Thanks,

Chuck

bevans

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
hgvc Flamingo, hgvc Paradise
I do not know what you mean by combining points but depending on season and day of week a specific stay will require a certain number of points. If you buy 2 3500 point contracts you will pay a maintenace fee for both. That is why people pay a little more per point for the 4800-7000 point package since you only have one fee to pay. It will work out to be just a matter of how long you plan to have the ts since over the long haul it is a better deal to buy a single 7000 point at more per point than get stuck for 2 mfs. Curt

Bill4728

Reaction score
chuck1955 said:
Can you purchase two 3400-3500 point units and use the point total for single usage? And if so are there any additional fees for combining the points?

Thanks,

Chuck

Yes, you can own two affliated TS and combind their points with HGVC. But as the last poster said that means 2 MF. Most peolpe find that even with the lower purchase price the 2 mf vs 1 mf, it makes sense to buy a higher point unit than buy 2 units. (sometimes this isn't true but most of the time.)

Good Luck

atlanticwatergate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies !!! I won the bid on Ebay for the HGVC but it did not meet the reserve!! Bummer !! Anyway, is there another site that specializes in HGVC resales or is E-Bay the best way??

Thanks Again

urple2

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You could join redweek.com and see how you do.

There are always more on ebay...

___

Bill

bevans

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
hgvc Flamingo, hgvc Paradise
You should contact Seth Nock on this forum. He always has an inventory of hgvc and he will be right up front with what offer will pass the right of first refusal. He is honest and will give you excellent advise as well as explain the workings of the system. Curt