• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Buying existing Villa Del Palmar contract

douglasmhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club De Soleil
Garza Blanca
Vidanta GB
Villa Resorts
Marriott Ko Olina
I apologize if this thread is in the wrong place, but I didn't see a location to put it.

I am a current owner at Villa Del Palmar Loreto (one bedroom holiday week), and I am looking to buy another contract so we can spend more time at the resort.

With that said, the company said it is impossible to buy an existing contract without losing all of the rights on said contract. Regarding the details of the contracts here, they have club points and preferred points. club points drive the maintenance fees (46 cents * number of points) and these are for the high season. preferred points are equal to the club points in number, but are only good for the off season (summer) and you buy at the amount you use. Per the villa palmar ownership, buying any contract voids all details in the contract and club points, and you only have rights to the preferred points.

But I inquired as to how my contract will be passed to my son and they said, "you can put him on title, then after 90 days remove your name from the contract and you will retain all contract rights". so it seems there is a workaround, and that would involve buying someones contract, putting my name on title, then removing their name after 90 days. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Many thanks in advance!

Douglas

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
That is true with most point resales but some points contracts can be purchased resale. You would have to call resortcom to find out. One point contract in the bargain deals in the forums did transfer with all privilege's. Yes, the transfer work around you describe will work on most point contracts without a problem but you would need to really trust the seller. I haven't transferred this way but have heard of it many times.

Bill

douglasmhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club De Soleil
Garza Blanca
Vidanta GB
Villa Resorts
Marriott Ko Olina
That is true with most point resales but some points contracts can be purchased resale. You would have to call resortcom to find out. One point contract in the bargain deals in the forums did transfer with all privilege's. Yes, the transfer work around you describe will work on most point contracts without a problem but you would need to really trust the seller. I haven't transferred this way but have heard of it many times.

Bill

Are you aware of an escrow service that could work as an "go between" that could provide such a service for the waiting of 90 days to remove the owner from the title?

I am very new to buying timeshares online. So are you saying the Villa Del Palmar contracts that are listed for sale on this site are in a sense falsely advertising? because per the resort, all holiday week privileges will be lost . . . but i was looking at one listed as Villa del Palmar Los Arcos with a holiday week. if what you are saying is true (that the only way to retain rights is adding to title them removing 90 days later), buying it through this site will cause the club points to be lost.

Or, did I misunderstand?

Thanks much.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are you aware of an escrow service that could work as an "go between" that could provide such a service for the waiting of 90 days to remove the owner from the title?

I am very new to buying timeshares online. So are you saying the Villa Del Palmar contracts that are listed for sale on this site are in a sense falsely advertising? because per the resort, all holiday week privileges will be lost . . . but i was looking at one listed as Villa del Palmar Los Arcos with a holiday week. if what you are saying is true (that the only way to retain rights is adding to title them removing 90 days later), buying it through this site will cause the club points to be lost.

Or, did I misunderstand?

Thanks much.

No. I am saying some point contracts transfer and some do not. Resortcom is who keeps track of this. An owner of a VDP contract can allow Resortcom to communicate with a buyer. I find calling and email works best. For me, the call lets me know what the contract is and the email is written verification.

Most point contracts do not transfer as points but all Club Rules regarding what points in each point system do transfer are at the discretion of the Club the points are in. There are three owners and each owner has an affiliation to UVCI. The VDP Loreto is owned by Owen Perry and is it's own point system. Fernando Gonzo Corona owns Taffer which owns Club Caribe. Maria Torres owns a portion of the original Villa del Palmars established before Owen and Fernando went off with their own projects is how I heard it.

When buying points there is a need to know which points you are buying and how they interact with UVCI, imo.

Bill

douglasmhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club De Soleil
Garza Blanca
Vidanta GB
Villa Resorts
Marriott Ko Olina
No. I am saying some point contracts transfer and some do not. Resortcom is who keeps track of this. An owner of a VDP contract can allow Resortcom to communicate with a buyer. I find calling and email works best. For me, the call lets me know what the contract is and the email is written verification.

Most point contracts do not transfer as points but all Club Rules regarding what points in each point system do transfer are at the discretion of the Club the points are in. There are three owners and each owner has an affiliation to UVCI. The VDP Loreto is owned by Owen Perry and is it's own point system. Fernando Gonzo Corona owns Taffer which owns Club Caribe. Maria Torres owns a portion of the original Villa del Palmars established before Owen and Fernando went off with their own projects is how I heard it.

When buying points there is a need to know which points you are buying and how they interact with UVCI, imo.

Bill
Truly appreciate the clarification.

I have a bunch of points banked because we didn't travel for a few years, so I have some time to figure this out. I will follow your instructions and determine exactly what is being listed and what would be transferred (confirming everything before I buy). Your information is going to help me a lot.

Thanks again.

Douglas

Beach57

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Paradisus Palma Real and Club Solaris Los Cabos

Bill
Mine was Garza Blanca but transferred last year with all privileges.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned