• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

buying diamond resorts timeshare

vivelefrance

Reaction score
hi there! we are contemplating a diamond resort timeshare purchase ... kindly asking for any advice on the following:
- Are all fixed week resales sold as fractional ownership?
- What are the pros and cons of buying a fixed week over points in a collection?
- Am I reading the tealeaves correctly: fixed weeks have LOWER annual fees compared to points?

Any and all thoughts would be most welcome. Thanks so much!

Bill4728

Reaction score
Welcome to TUG

First, over the past 15 years Diamond (DRI) bought out a large number of small timeshare systems some "week" based some "point" based. They then rolled them into "collections" and the "club" If you bought directly from DRI you got access to all the DRI resorts using DRI points in "the club". If you didn't buy direct you owned whatever the "week " or "points" and no access to "the Club"
Second, it is not fixed weeks but "weeks" Most of the "week" resales are not fixed but floating within a certain season. You buy a week and then use that week during the season.
Now if you buy from DRI you'll pay big money to be in "the club" and will likely buy points in a "collection" that have almost no resale value. Or you can get super cheap resale points in a "collection" but you'll only have access to the resorts in that "collection" OR super cheap resale "weeks" and you'll only have access to a floating week at that single resort.

Hope this helps

BTW DRI was bought out by Hilton and no one knows what will be happening to the company now.

vivelefrance

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the detailed reply. All super helpful!
I'd admittedly be most interested in a resale week (we're fine with being limited to a single resort) as opposed to resale points.
For the sake of asking, any thoughts on where to look for some (super cheap) options?
I've googled and searched all the big sites (including TUG). Of note, there is an abundance of offers for resale points, but very few resale weeks.
As you might guess by my name :) we would be most interested in the Royal Regency Paris Vincennes by Diamond Resorts.
Thanks again!

Bill4728

Reaction score
If the timeshare was in the US I'd be able to suggest a few websites to look for resales.

I'm sorry but I don't know where to look for resales in France

rjwehr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside @Granby Ranch,
Landmark Holiday Beach-PCB,
Inverness @ New Braunfels
The market looks pretty thin for that location. A quick search did find these:
Don't be afraid to low-ball an offer; most websites over inflate the value of the unit.
I can't vouch for the legitimacy of these sellers. Please do your due diligence. Good luck.