• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Buying a Wyndham Timeshare Resale

nicoleo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Williamsburg
I have owned 238,000 Wyndham points for 20 years in Williamsburg (which we never go to) and exchanging has worked fine for us. Now we are considering buying a resale either deeded or club access to get more points. We have been to the Wyndham presentations and we will never buy new because of the cost. My question for resales is how to make sure the seller is legitimate and how does Wyndham treat resale points. Would I have the same access as my other points? Do they get added to what I already have? I really appreciate any wisdom and advice you might have. Even though I've owned for 20 years I am not at all knowledgeable about the programs so please use layman's terms!

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
I had the same questions you have when I started buying CWA points back in September. I bought four contracts totaling 1,087,000 annual points on eBay, three from Sumday and one from Timeshare Resale Vacations. Each of the three Sumday contracts had a $299 all in closing/escrow fee, the Timeshare Resale Vacations contract had no closing/escrow charges (paid by seller.) All were professionally handled. It took approximately 10 weeks for each of the contracts to appear under my member number (which I got after the first contract closed.) Absolutely no problems whatsoever, all points (including some credit pooled points and HK I didn't expect) arrived exactly as described on the eBay ads...

nicoleo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Williamsburg
I had the same questions you have when I started buying CWA points back in September. I bought four contracts totaling 1,087,000 annual points on eBay, three from Sumday and one from Timeshare Resale Vacations. Each of the three Sumday contracts had a $299 all in closing/escrow fee, the Timeshare Resale Vacations contract had no closing/escrow charges (paid by seller.) All were professionally handled. It took approximately 10 weeks for each of the contracts to appear under my member number (which I got after the first contract closed.) Absolutely no problems whatsoever, all points (including some credit pooled points and HK I didn't expect) arrived exactly as described on the eBay ads...
Thanks for the reply- so the company automatically gets the points added to your existing Wyndham account? I was wondering if house keeping points came with it- so you they do? I will check out the sellers you mentioned. Did you go for the lowest maintenance fees or the best resorts? How much did you pay the seller? With over 1million points do you get to book more than 10 months in advance? So many questions!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
there are two reasons to buy at one resort or another 1) ARP and/or 2) low maintenance fees

Generally speaking the lower mf contracts will sell for more than the high mf contracts.

There is a recent thread here on tug that talks about pricing. The consensus seems to be that prices are trending upwards. That said, there was a 500000 point La Belle Maison contract that sold for under $1000 recently so maybe not

Anything under $7.50 per $1000 points (including transfer and closing fees) for better than average maintenance fee contracts seems ok to me. Under $2 is obviously better but I wouldn't count on them

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Thanks for the reply- so the company automatically gets the points added to your existing Wyndham account? I was wondering if house keeping points came with it- so you they do? I will check out the sellers you mentioned. Did you go for the lowest maintenance fees or the best resorts? How much did you pay the seller? With over 1million points do you get to book more than 10 months in advance? So many questions!

All

I had no Membership number when I bought my first contract, but was given one when the first contract closed with Wyndham. Then the other three contracts were added under the same Membership number. All the HK points came with each contract, one HK per thousand points. I went for CWA points, because I wanted ARP at several resorts and because of the "pitch" I received at a Wyndham "sales" presentation I went to in August at Wyndham La Cascada in San Antonio. The MF for CWA are about $6.20/1000, I think in the middle to upper middle of various Wyndham resort MF's. I paid $4,200.00 for all four contracts, all in, or about $3.86 per 1000 points. Some of the more savvy folks here in TUG have paid $2.00 per thousand, less than half what I paid, they really know what they are doing! Per your last question, as I said earlier, one of the benefits of Club Wyndham Access points is that they offer ARP (you can book CWA resorts early..). It doesn't matter how many points you own, all (resale) CWA points are the same as far as ARP goes.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
All

I paid $4,200.00 for all four contracts, all in, or about $3.86 per 1000 points. Some of the more savvy folks here in TUG have paid $2.00 per thousand, less than half what I paid, they really know what they are doing!

I've paid as much as $15 per 1000 points and I've had people pay me to take points from them. And how much I pay has very little to do with what I know. I got a million points at smokey mts for $500 once, only because BigRob wasn't bidding that night.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've paid as much as $15 per 1000 points and I've had people pay me to take points from them. And how much I pay has very little to do with what I know. I got a million points at smokey mts for $500 once, only because BigRob wasn't bidding that night.

Hahaha!!!!

nicoleo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Williamsburg
there are two reasons to buy at one resort or another 1) ARP and/or 2) low maintenance fees

Generally speaking the lower mf contracts will sell for more than the high mf contracts.

There is a recent thread here on tug that talks about pricing. The consensus seems to be that prices are trending upwards. That said, there was a 500000 point La Belle Maison contract that sold for under $1000 recently so maybe not

Anything under $7.50 per $1000 points (including transfer and closing fees) for better than average maintenance fee contracts seems ok to me. Under $2 is obviously better but I wouldn't count on them[/QUOT
Hahaha!!!!
Thanks for the info from both of you! I really wasn't sure how it worked. I really overpaid 20 years ago buying directly from Fairfield but we have used it every year. Glad I will get a better deal this time!