• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Buying a trainer for indoor riding

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
I know there are some cyclists here. Any recommendations? I've heard they are noisy. I've heard they ruin your tires, but it's getting hot here. With my pool and workout room closed, I'm thinking I might enjoy it.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
Maybe get a Peloton? LOL
naw, my place is little. Son1 just got one and I am super happy for him! He's my kid that never enjoyed cycling much. Now he and DDIL are talking about cycling to the beach which sounds super awesome! This SIP has been more of a lifestyle changer for them than me.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I got my wife one at Play it Again Sports, there was a large selection $40 each plus $20 for a universal front wheel stand.

We placed it in the garage, she opens the garage door and rides it there in the evening, faces west for a sunset view.

Its been great therapy since she had a stroke last year and cannot ride normally due to balance problems.

Not too loud, sounds like bees buzzing. Haven’t noticed wear on the rear tire, but even if it does tires are cheap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Coloradorunner

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Mountain Vista
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I have a Cycle Ops in my basement. Cheap on Amazon. Use a specific tire for the bike trainer. It will be quieter that way and won’t ruin your outdoor tire.

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
I got my wife one at Play it Again Sports, there was a large selection $40 each plus $20 for a universal front wheel stand.

We placed it in the garage, she opens the garage door and rides it there in the evening, faces west for a sunset view.

Its been great therapy since she had a stroke last year and cannot ride normally due to balance problems.

Not too loud, sounds like bees buzzing. Haven’t noticed wear on the rear tire, but even if it does tires are cheap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you! That's a great idea! I hadn't thought to look there :)

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I have a Cycle Ops in my basement. Cheap on Amazon. Use a specific tire for the bike trainer. It will be quieter that way and won’t ruin your outdoor tire.

Ditto. Hit-up your LBS (local bike store) and procure a spare wheel/tire with a spare generic axle.

This will insure you don't toast those nice slicks and carbon rims or trash an expensive axle. I don't find any wear on my trainer wheel/tire, but the axle does take a beating.
Also, a sweat matt/frame cover is a must if your bike and floor are more 'artwork' than garage ornament.

Of course, if you own a Walmart special kinda-bike, then I would just use the trainer/bike as is: anything you break/wear will probably be an upgrade. :p

don't be offended.....I speak in jest