• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

BUSCH GARDENS WILLIAMSBURG FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL~Anyone Been to it?

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We haven't been to Busch Gardens in many years.

I noticed a TV ad for the Food and Wine Festival at Busch Gardens and looked it up online. It was definitely of interest.

Virginia Food Festival

Our niece just got into Virginia Beach for a few days and said that she would really like to go to this. Great! I needed a reason to make time and go!

Side note:

Busch Gardens is celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Loch Ness Monster. This nostalgic roller coaster has thrilled more than 58 million riders since 1978.

Wow! Has it really been that long ago??? 40 years???

Cool! I just saw that tickets can be purchased at $50 off/each through 6/10 to celebrate! That just saved us a ton!!!!!

RLS50

TUG Member
Reaction score
Egret, we went to the Food & Wine festival at Busch Gardens in 2015 and had a blast. It was fun walking around to the different villages and trying the various food samples (based on the themed village) and the beverages / wines.

That year we stayed at King's Creek Plantation in the cottages, which the family really enjoyed as well.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Egret, we went to the Food & Wine festival at Busch Gardens in 2015 and had a blast. It was fun walking around to the different villages and trying the various food samples (based on the themed village) and the beverages / wines.

That year we stayed at King's Creek Plantation in the cottages, which the family really enjoyed as well.

Thanks for your input!

I haven't had an interest in Busch Gardens for years. Now, I'm a bit giddy with excitement. Tasty food, adult beverages and roller coasters!

I heard this recently on our local news. Impressive!

WILLIAMSBURG, Virginia (May 29, 2018) – Busch Gardens Williamsburg retains the prestigious title as the “World’s Most Beautiful Park” for the 28th consecutive year. Results from the latest National Amusement Park Historical Association (NAPHA) survey shows Busch Gardens extends an impressive streak dating back to 1990.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I rode the Lock Ness Monster on a preview ride before it was open to the public. At the time it was a great ride. Still holds its own

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a Disney nerd, I don't consider it to be up to Epcot's standards, but it was fun when I went a few years ago.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a Disney nerd, I don't consider it to be up to Epcot's standards, but it was fun when I went a few years ago.

I have to admit that I find it interesting that each year (28), it receives this accolade. I haven't been to Disney in years either, but I'm surprised that it wasn't a Disney Park with all that "magic" going on. The times that I went to Disney; I always thought that Epcot was really cool (my favorite of the parks).

RLS50

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input!

I haven't had an interest in Busch Gardens for years. Now, I'm a bit giddy with excitement. Tasty food, adult beverages and roller coasters!
Well, we obviously liked some of the offerings in certain villages over others, but overall the whole experience was fun. Although it might have been the cumulative effect of the wine at each stop. :thumbup:

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have to admit that I find it interesting that each year (28), it receives this accolade (“World’s Most Beautiful Park”). I haven't been to Disney in years either, but I'm surprised that it wasn't a Disney Park with all that "magic" going on. The times that I went to Disney; I always thought that Epcot was really cool (my favorite of the parks).

Yeah, I'm a little suspicious of that award. ;) Give Disney a shot during late Nov or early December with all the holiday decorations - or check out Epcot during the Flower and Garden festival next year (usually March to May).

But with that said, BG is a beautiful park and the food at the food and wine festival was good and they had some interesting choices. The prices for BG tickets were much more reasonable and the rollercoasters were better. So I'm not knocking it overall, just hard not to compare... :)

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went. It was supposed to be a meet up at the park with DH's niece. We found out the hard way two days in a row that the niece offers up plans but then doesn't show up for hours after her planned meet up times. That was very frustrating for us. Now we know. They were going to get to the park at opening. We decided not to be "drawn in" and decided to get to the park when it was convenient. We got there just after Noon.

It was hot and humid on Saturday. Being unfamiliar with the sizes of the food, wine, and beer samples, we were unsure what size of add-on to get. My DH and I opted for 15 items each :doh:. Wow, way too many items. We tried to put a dent in the 30 items, but it wasn't doable. We used up about 1/2 and were overstuffed (too much beer).

We were able to give the remaining items to the niece that arrived as we were leaving the park that evening. :wall:

It was a great Saturday to be there, as far as crowds. The local schools don't let out for Summer until this week. The offerings and sizes of the samples for the festival were good sized. I would recommend buying the discounted add-on. However, I would recommend no more than 15 items for a couple. They state that the add-on is a 45% discount. A good deal to me (unless you overbuy).

Busch Gardens is a nice park. However, I believe my adventure park days are over. :)