• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bullied Australian boy sparks huge outpouring and a lesson in humanity

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Quaden Bayles, a 9-year-old Australian boy in Queensland has been constantly bullied at school because he suffers from a form of dwarfism. His mother posted a disturbing video of her son as she picked him up after school. He had just suffered the most recent round of bullying and was crying and wanted to kill himself. In frustration, the mother posted the video on social media in a plea to people to be kind and to show the impact of bullying. It has since gone viral, with over 20 million views. I must admit I was shocked and moved to tears when I saw it. I cannot believe a young child can be made to suffer such severe emotional distress at the hands of his peers. Children can unfortunately sometimes be so cruel.

Most who viewed the video had a visceral response similar to my own. It has sparked an outpouring of support for young Quaden around the world. In this update by CTV News, the support he has received is encouraging. The Australian actor, Hugh Jackman, sent him a personal video message. An aboriginal rugby team in Australia has adopted him and the American comedian, Brad Williams, who suffers from the same type of dwarfism, started a Go-Fund me page to bring Quaden and his family to Disneyland. It is now in excess of $400K USD. Hopefully it can also be used to promote anti-bullying messages, since that is way more than what is needed for a trip to Disneyland. Many children have also sent him videos of support. Let's hope those in his school also get the message.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
So many mixed reports coming out on the kid. Who knows what to believe anymore. Whatever the truth is, what I do know is bullying kids, adults, people with disabilities is horrendous and needs to stop.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So many mixed reports coming out on the kid. Who knows what to believe anymore. Whatever the truth is, what I do know is bullying kids, adults, people with disabilities is horrendous and needs to stop.
This is my first awareness of the situation, but your comment about 'who to believe' stopped me cold. Not sure who/what you are questioning.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
This is my first awareness of the situation, but your comment about 'who to believe' stopped me cold. Not sure who/what you are questioning.
There are some that are claiming he is an actor and his mother is exploiting him. He has instagram with him in various questioning poses (giving the middle finger) and showing off “getting cash”. I haven’t looked into either side, which is why I said I don’t know what to believe anymore. You hear one thing and you become outraged then to hear another side and things become unclear. So, I don’t know the truth as I haven’t dove into either side much. But I stand by my original statement of bullying is horrendous and needs to end.

Reaction score
The truth is, he ***is*** a 9 year old boy who is/was the victim of bullying. The reason lying POS people are posting that he's older is because a lot of people with this condition have the same skull/facial characteristics. Somewhat similar to people with Downs Syndrome having the same facial characteristics.

This is Brad Williams, the comic who offered to send the 9 year old kid to Disney. He has the same condition. FYI, this is NSFW (cursing), but it is hilarious! There are plenty more videos of him on YouTube.

TS