• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

bulk grab of inventory

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I know this was discussed before but my search failed to find a thread.

Several resorts, (I have been watching Bonnet Creek), seem to suffer a sudden disappearence of inventory. Just prior to the 60 day mark.

Is this inventory ended up in Extra Holidays or what ever the name of Wyndhams rental are is? I can't believe a big block of availability disappeared overnight. It only disappeared at BC not at the other Orlando FL resorts.

Any comments.

Last edited:

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know this was discussed before but my search failed to find a thread.

Several resorts, (I have been watching Bonnet Creek), seem to suffer a suddent disappearence of inventory. Just prior to the 60 day mark.

Is this inventory ended up in Extra Holidays or what ever the name of Wyndhams rental are is? I can't believe a big block of availability disappeared overnight. It only disappeared at BC not at the other Orlando FL resorts.

Any comments.

Yup. Extra Holidays can raid inventory at 61 days. Sickening, huh?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just saw the same thing in Las Vegas, but it was right at the 60 day mark...I guessed it had to do with VIPs waiting for for the discount period to begin before they made their reservation I never thought of extra holidays.

There is an old thread on the Wyndham Owners Forum where they say

the VOA Trust Agreement. It gives the right for Wyndham to take X% at 60 days and the rest at 30 days.

At one point several years ago it looked like that were jumping the gun and taking at 61 according to several members that tracked available at a couple of resorts and how it disappeared and seem to show up in EH.

There is some question about the percentage they can take, some said as much as 90% but I dont have my VOA Trust agreement to refer to

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
I just saw the same thing in Las Vegas, but it was right at the 60 day mark...I guessed it had to do with VIPs waiting for for the discount period to begin before they made their reservation I never thought of extra holidays.

Wow, this is just another kick in the teeth for those who are VIP's.
Not nice Wyndham. :annoyed:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
When should Wyndham book their inventory using their points?

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

Ah, the joys fallacy of VIP. Another good reason it is a mistake to pay far too much to obtain that or anything else Wyndham at retail. You'll never recover the excessive cost over resale despite the alleged perks (which are not guaranteed in any way). If you decide to buy into Wyndham always do it by resale for best value.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Ah, the joys fallacy of VIP. Another good reason it is a mistake to pay far too much to obtain that or anything else Wyndham at retail. You'll never recover the excessive cost over resale despite the alleged perks (which are not guaranteed in any way). If you decide to buy into Wyndham always do it by resale for best value.

Oh, I did buy resale. TUG has taught me well. ;)
But I feel for those who didn't. This truly stinks. :(

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Oh, I did buy resale. TUG has taught me well. ;)
But I feel for those who didn't. This truly stinks. :(

Glad to hear you bought resale. Unfortunately Wyndham now has a long history of increases in costs and decreases in value. It is now a poster child for a good (but no longer great) system that makes zero sense to purchase retail. If it weren't for those who haven't somehow learned about resales or how what they pay retail depreciates 90%+ when the rescission period ends. How the slick sales people spin a web of perceived value to things that are neither guaranteed nor can they be resold - thus no value at all when an owner goes to sell. Even that wouldn't be too bad except the price they demand couldn't be recovered in two lifetimes of "savings" (if they stayed at today's level which history says they will not).

Those that have VIP from years ago can still get some savings but, as they age or sell their time, the number dwindle to near zero. Anyone that pays for VIP now is being sold a seriously misrepresented package they are likely to regret. This type of game with inventory is all too common as they are one of the more owner unfriendly systems out there now.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
The trust document that I have says they can take inventory up to 60 days in advance and it further says that thay cant take the last 10% of available accommodations until within 30 days

wyndham%2520use%2520rule.jpg

Dedibble

TUG Member
Reaction score

A big kick in the teeth! So basically, from what I am learning: Wyndham is conning people to buy more points by telling them they get some sort of discount if they book within 60 days for Platinum and 45 days for Gold but in reality Wyndham goes in and grabs the leftover inventory and rents them out. I wonder if they ALWAYS grab the inventory no matter what, ie: south Florida in the winter months.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
A big kick in the teeth! So basically, from what I am learning: Wyndham is conning people to buy more points by telling them they get some sort of discount if they book within 60 days for Platinum and 45 days for Gold but in reality Wyndham goes in and grabs the leftover inventory and rents them out. I wonder if they ALWAYS grab the inventory no matter what, ie: south Florida in the winter months.

Actually , even regular VIP (not Gold, not Platinum) get a discount at 60 days (upgrades are available at 30, 45, or 60 days depending on your level of VIP)

In my mind, the discounts are for what no one else wants...I would never expect to see any "good" stuff here...I certainly wouldnt plan on it. This is where you ought to see the so called "mud weeks" or "blue weeks" If Wyndham takes this stuff its because they think they can rent it...ie its not something no one wants.

The real problem here is as you suggest: some folks bought thinking that they would always get a discount...If that's what they were told it was a lie, and if they still believe it, they are delusional.

If you really want discounted vacations, go to RCI and look for their Last Call inventory...a full week for under $300, and you dont have to be a VIP to enjoy it

For the record...I see a lot of discounted March inventory right now...Branson, Daytona, Orlando, New Orleans, Wisconsin Dells, Smoky Mountains. National Harbor,California...If you are VIP and you want to go somewhere and do it with discounted points there are opportunities

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
VIP in the Wyndham system has been a total joke (unless you paid for it!) since it was announced. No guarantees of any benefits, no resale and you pay the outrageous developer pricing of Wyndham (we can guarantee that you'll lose 99% of what you pay upfront the minute your rescind period ends but nothing else) to get it. It is a total ripoff (with the long gone exception of those who were able to be grandfathered in as resale buyer years ago - today it is unavailable unless you seriously overpay for your Wyndham purchase, not a good choice. ALWAYS buy - or just take for free - your Wyndham Points).

This thread again pints out what a bad deal "VIP" really is. It is nothing but a sales play to build up your ego and strip your wallet. You get no value from it but pay handsomely to "enjoy" the few minutes of ego brushing by the sales weasels. Not a good way to waste your money.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
You Typed A Mouthful.

An easier way to sum up what you are learning: never ever buy from the developer.
Truer words were never typed.

Nothing that the timeshare companies sell at full freight is worth the money -- & that goes for Wyndham VIP right along with all the rest.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​