• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bulk Bath Amenities

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
We're at Glacier Canyon and it seems this resort has reverted to individual soaps, shampoos, etc. The bracket are on the shower walls and on the counter by the sink but the dispensers aren't there.

Is Glacier Canyon an anomaly?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Perhaps they have a temporary supply issue?

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Great Smokies….has the bulk everywhere (in shower and bathrooms and kitchen - as @rabbit710 details - editing my post as it may not have been clear). The brand is Kenneth Cole. I'd give it a thumbs up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rabbit710

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were Wyndham 45 in Manhattan from June 6; 2026 through June 9; 2024. The kitchen had dish soap that was bulk in a medium size plastic bottle. The bathroom had lotion and liquid hand soap In large plastic bottles on a bracket. The shower had body wash, shampoo and condition that were large plastic bottles in a bracket. I believe the brand may have been root. They were not completely full.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Grand Desert, Kingsgate, Bali Hai, Oceanside
We were just at Ocean Ridge and they only had the tiny bottles.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We have been at 3 Worldmark Resorts (Managed by Wyndumb) in the past 2 weeks. First one had large Shampoo Dispenser on Bath Wall but old fashion small bars of soap. Second had large Dispensers for Body Wash and Shampoo. Current one has large Dispensers for Shampoo, Conditioner, and Body Wash. All the large Dispensers were labeled "Roots."

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga
They need to put hand soap by the kitchen sink.

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
At Great Smokies now, we had a full bottle of dish soap, my DD didn't have any. I had them bring her up some and it was the 'old way' in a small bottle. Go figure!

steve_solo

TUG Member
Reaction score
In Kingsgate they supply Root dispensers in bathrooms and still have a tiny bottle in kitchen, with a smiley sponge.
My theory on the lightly filled dispensers - Wyndham is afraid we will pump out all the product into small bottles we have saved away so they limit the amount in dispensers.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
,...or maybe they don't fill them until they have to, which would be a simpler and less nefarious explanation.
Do they even refill them? Don't they just swap out an empty bottle for a new full one? If not, your explanation makes the most sense.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Do they even refill them? Don't they just swap out an empty bottle for a new full one? If not, your explanation makes the most sense.
They swap them upon request when needed - and the maintenance crews refill them at the local facility with bulk supplies - at least according to the resort manager that I asked at Towers on the Grove a few weeks ago now. That's the whole point of this sustainability initiative.

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
They swap them upon request when needed - and the maintenance crews refill them at the local facility with bulk supplies - at least according to the resort manager that I asked at Towers on the Grove a few weeks ago now. That's the whole point of this sustainability initiative.

We are in a Presidential suite (not reserve) with the Kenneth Cole products. I hope I like the Roots as much, I like the Kenneth Cole (might have to splurge and upgrade to PR - just kidding).

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Avon
CWA
Heavenly Valley
WorldMark

We were told the opposite at two different resorts where the maintenance teams told us the bottles cannot be refilled. They throw them out and install new ones. We also had three experiences at three different resorts where we ran out of shampoo or body wash in the middle of a shower because the maintenance teams have been told to let the product get down as far as possible before they throw out the bottles.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
We are in a Presidential suite (not reserve) with the Kenneth Cole products. I hope I like the Roots as much, I like the Kenneth Cole (might have to splurge and upgrade to PR - just kidding).
Never had the Kenneth Cole products so I cannot comment firsthand - but we had the Roots products at TOTG for our two week anniversary vacation a few weeks back now, and my wife liked the Roots products. I like the scent of the Roots products for my part.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Not Wyndham, but we are at Sheraton Broadway Plantation, and they have products here that all smell like Irish Spring, which is fine, but the smell is more masculine, it's called Gilchrist and Soames. Rick uses Irish Spring body wash at home, so I know that scent.

I liked the Roots better for our last stays at Wyndham.

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Our daughter hung out in our presidential her last day, thus compared the Kenneth Cole to Roots. She thought the Kenneth Cole had more of a manly (cologne) scent to it. We both like the products. Her comment was, this is great, she wouldn't have to bring all her hair products anymore. Then we went to Nashville and they don't have the bulk products (hopefully that's a "yet").

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Is Roots the brand with brown sugar and fig?

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
This has been my recent experience:

Resorts that are using the bulk products (and assuming this is the way of the future)? Bonnet Creek and Great Smokies.

Standard rooms (as in non-presidential): Roots products (Bonnet Creek and Great Smokies)
Presidential rooms (Kenneth Cole) (Bonnet Creek and Great Smokies)

And not using the bulk products - same old small bottles of various brands - Nashville as of 6-22-24

Yes, roots have the fig tree. A huge plus - Very clearly labeled and easy to read (SHAMPOO, CONDITIONER, BODY WASH, HAND SOAP, BODY LOTION)
Kenneth Cole labels have fancy wording in English and French (LATHER UP - smaller lettering BODY WASH & GEL DOUCHE -- that's just the body wash).

I'm happy to have my shampoo say shampoo, my lotion say lotion, etc... As a matter of fact, I've been known to take a sharpie to my mother's products and label them clearly.

Attachments

• IMG_6834.jpg
    IMG_6834.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6835.jpg
    IMG_6835.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8876.JPG
    IMG_8876.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8878.JPG
    IMG_8878.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9024.JPG
    IMG_9024.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 11

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ever shower with shampoo?

Shampoo Shower.gif

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
They'll save chump change on me, I'll be bringing my own bar soap.

One of our grandchildren uses bar soap because both me and his other grandfather uses it. His parents don't.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

One of our grandchildren uses bar soap because both me and his other grandfather uses it. His parents don't.

I always have two or three partly used bar soaps in one of my bags and use them instead of reaching for the dispenser of hand soap halfway between the two sinks. And at home, we have a box or two full of bar soap and little bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, etc. My wife "harvests" them before we depart. A while back I suggested we donate a boxful to one of the local senior centers, but nope, she wasn't having any of it!

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark

Our “timeshare soap drawer” is down to two bars. There may be one more unopened bar in the travel toiletries bag. Sad to have to buy soap after all these years now that we are just waiting for our last timeshare sale to close. Not sure I can even handle a full sized bar!