• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 29 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Come check it out for a chance to win a Free TUG membership (or renewal) just for helping out!

Read more here
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars
  • Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! 60,000+ subscribers! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Buganvilias VC #1572

AlbertaTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello. Am looking at this unit if Puerto Vallarta (unseen). Can anyone confirm this is an ocean view and do these units have kitchenettes.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
This unit will be in the "D" building on the 5th floor about midway down the hallway.

It is most likely a 1-bedroom / 1-bath unit and does have a kitchenette. If by chance it is one of the ones that has been recently renovated, you will have nicer countertops and appliances. There will be a stovetop with 2 or 3 burners, a microwave and decent sized refrigerator. If it has been remodeled, you will probably have a dishwasher.

There is no balcony, but you will have a nice view of the ocean and Puerto Vallarta.

This is a great resort.

bellesgirl

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
AS an owner, it is easy to change units and weeks with Buganvilas VC. I know people with fixed weeks who do it every year.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
AS an owner, it is easy to change units and weeks with Buganvilas VC. I know people with fixed weeks who do it every year.

We have done that also.

AlbertaTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
This unit will be in the "D" building on the 5th floor about midway down the hallway.

It is most likely a 1-bedroom / 1-bath unit and does have a kitchenette. If by chance it is one of the ones that has been recently renovated, you will have nicer countertops and appliances. There will be a stovetop with 2 or 3 burners, a microwave and decent sized refrigerator. If it has been remodeled, you will probably have a dishwasher.

There is no balcony, but you will have a nice view of the ocean and Puerto Vallarta.

This is a great resort.

Are there any balconies in these TS

bellesgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes, but most of the 1-bedrooms in bldg C and D do not have them. All the ones in bldg A and B do.

Neesie

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you get a room with a balcony what are the chances that it is updated?

I am trading in to this resort in a few weeks (1 bedroom, 1 bathroom). I have no idea if there is a balcony or not. I'd actually prefer a second bathroom and updated room over the balcony.

Neesie

TUG Member
Reaction score
When will you be there, Neesie?? I will arrive on Jan 14.

We will be checking into a small hotel on Jan 2nd in centro, near the Romantic Zone. It is our first trip to PV and we wanted to get the "feel" of the area plus find some good restaurants. We won't be using the AI at the Sheraton, either.

I am checking into the Sheraton on Jan 7 and leaving for a week at GM NV on Jan 14.

A friend is going to join us at the end of our stay in the Sheraton so that's why I thought it would be nice to at least have a second bathroom.

aliikai2

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a very nice resort

But I shudder when ever I see that name. :(
It isn't the resorts fault, but this is where we were staying in 2010 when my wife Joyce stopped breathing and ended up in ICU on a ventilator for 3 days before they air evacuated us to San Diego.

We had a ground floor unit that was a 1 bedroom 2 bath, really a 1 bedroom lock off.

Greg

stugy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Greg,
I've often wondered how your wife is doing. Please update as we followed that unfortunate expoerience a few years ago.
Pat

aliikai2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for asking Pat

Joyce is doing pretty well.
She had some radiation for the brain tumors August of 2010 and now her hair has pretty well grown back, You can see her on the front page of our site,

http://www.timeshareparadise.net/home

also on the March
http://www.timeshareparadise.net/March 11 Grand Mayan.htm

and June 2011 Nuevo Vallarta photo links,
http://www.timeshareparadise.net/June Trip.htm

Her cancer has been in remission, she is having some mobility issues, but between the walkers and the wheel chair she does ok at home or when we travel.

Greg

Greg,
I've often wondered how your wife is doing. Please update as we followed that unfortunate expoerience a few years ago.
Pat

Last edited:

stugy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am so glad she is doing so well. Our neighbor (age 61) was given the same diagnosis in late April. (Large cell, supposedly receptive to chemo and radiation). Had chemo all summer, than it spread to her brain and then she had radiation. She died about a month ago. I wish she would have done as well. I miss her already. God bless both of you. You know, it's all that traveling that keeps her going, so keep it up.
Pat

KarenLK

TUG Member
Reaction score
That unit is posted once again on eBay. BUT the seller lists it as being in Cabo San Lucas, and later mentions it is near Bucerias. WHAT???

Neesie

TUG Member
Reaction score
The kitchens at the Sheraton Bouganvilias are a joke. Sure, they have installed thick granite countertops but there is not one single drawer. The silverware is actually stored underneath the sink! Ick! And no dishwasher. The new cupboards are fastened too high on the wall. I can only reach the bottom shelf. They are much higher than the standard height between countertop and cupboard.

I was appalled to see tiny bugs crawling on the countertop! I hadnt even shopped yet and only had one sealed package of coffee in the kitchen. They did promise to spray and it only makes me wonder if I really want to prepare food there at all.

The grounds are beautiful and so is the pool. I was underwhelmed, though, by the whirlpool. It was warm but not not nearly as warm as it should be and there was no pressure to the jets.

My first five days were spent in Centro at a boutique hotel with no pool and no private balcony. Great staff and great location though. I was looking forward to coming to the Sheraton but all in all Id rather be back at the first hotel since we have no balcony here and Im underwhelmed by the kitchen. Also, the room wasnt cleaned yesterday but I chalked that up to it being check in day. Today, again...no maid. Then at 3:45 they called and asked me if I needed maid service. I said, just fresh towels please. Five minutes later they called and tried to explain why I couldn¨t get fresh towels but I didnt understand. Strange place. Again, I¨m underwhelmed. I have no clue as to which building I am in A B C or D.

robin50

TUG Member
Reaction score
Buganvilias Tower C question

Does anyone have any information on the Master Suites in Tower C? I am looking at possibly purchasing one. Have they been remodelled? Is there a dishwasher? It says pool view. Any feedback would be appreciated.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Does anyone have any information on the Master Suites in Tower C? I am looking at possibly purchasing one. Have they been remodelled? Is there a dishwasher? It says pool view. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Yes - they have updated Tower C. Most of the new remodels do have dishwahers. Tower C is the one closest to the pool looking north.