• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Buganvilias PV through RCI

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
They will already know what unit you’re assigned. You can call and ask about options to adjust it.

What and where at Bungavillias is a good one bed unit ?

Bill

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I would rather have a Jr. Suite on a higher floor in Buiding D. 72-78 on the 17th, 18th or 19th floors are good (far enough from the elevator). We once had 3 in a row for our group and it was nice. Since none of us smoke, the lack of a balcony was not an issue. We had great City/ocean views and several of us could sit comfortably.

In Tower A with the Presidential, you need to be higher than 18 in order to see the ocean & pool from your balcony. If you are lower than that, you just see the Palm trees. I have attached links to room photos of each

https://pittle.smugmug.com/Timeshare/Buganvilias-1-bedroom-Presidential-2018 This was the 18th floor of Building A - notice the "sofa". It was down the hall from the Imperial Model.

https://pittle.smugmug.com/Timeshare/Buganvilias-2010 Jr. Suite in Building D, I think this was the 6th floor. We were packed up and ready to move to the Mayan Palace, so it looks pretty messy.

Last edited:

jorcus

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's been a long time but I have stayed at Los Tules 3 times in early to mid 2000's. I found the location to be fine as you could walk, Bus or Cab to places and shopping at that time was a close walk. I don't remember noise problems but to me almost everyplace I stay in Mexico has a lot of noise. I don't think it would be Mexico without it. It seems like there was enough shade between the buildings and the trees until late in the day. I would not recommend a studio as they are way too small, but a 1 bedroom or up was fine. Most units do not have much a a view or they have a peek a boo look at the ocean. I hope you have a good time and would like to hear how things are now.

Three problems I see are: no elevators, building 6 and the loud music from a nearby club, no umbrellas for shade at the pools.
I'm hoping RCI gets me a room away from building 6 and that there are enough palm trees to provide some shade at the pools.
From what I have read, there are several companies trading/owning at Park Royal Los Tules.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I called Bungavillias again today. The first call was a couple of months ago and they said to call back the first week of November. Today they said they do not assign rooms until check in after I told them I wasn't an owner. They did take notes for our request and were very nice.

Bill

Linda74

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I called Bungavillias again today. The first call was a couple of months ago and they said to call back the first week of November. Today they said they do not assign rooms until check in after I told them I wasn't an owner. They did take notes for our request and were very nice.

Bill
Good to know. We are booked for two consecutive weeks in Feb. there.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay

Bill
I guess I know our room numbers because one is a fixed unit/fixed week, and when I go down to pay my MF an the fee for our Bonus week, they give me the room numbers. They even give me a room number for an exchange. I have not had a problem using exchanges each year from SFX.

kjvlmd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Buganvilias Resort Vacation Club
Don't mean to offend anyone, but I am a real ignorant newbie. I have a presidential suite until 2030 that I don't use. What can I do with it? Can you refer me to the correct forum site? We haven't stayed there for several years and don't have the knowledge that you folks all seem to have about the units. I think we always were in the A building. Any advice would be greatly welcomed.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
The old style Presidential suite is not my favorite for sure. We stayed in one for free with a SFX promotion a few years ago that extended our vacation. We were not fans of the narrow "Flintstone" furniture and Murphy bed in the living room. I have not seen a remodeled Presidential. The one on the Sky Suite level is nice, but these are also larger than the ones on floors 18-23 as they eliminated several units to make all of the Sky Suite units larger.

We have one of the 2 Imperial Sky Suites at the resort and love it. Our family loves the location so that they can get out and about easily.

My suggestion would be to join SFX and use it to exchange into a place for a 2-bedroom unit for the next 8 years. You can choose where you want to go and when that way. You will have to pay the maintenance fee and the exchange fee to do so. We use SFX instead of RCI or Interval International for our exchanges because it does not cost as much for exchange fees and annual fees.

SFX is San Francisco Exchange - search for sfxresorts.com to look it over.

kjvlmd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Buganvilias Resort Vacation Club
Thank you so much for the information. I will look into that route.

SteveH

TUG Member
Reaction score
We like the extra bathroom even when it is just the 2 of us - we do at home too! :) The updated Presidential Suites are nice. There will be more of those available than Imperial Suites that have 2 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
Phyllis,
We like the idea of the two bathrooms as well in the 1BR Presidential suites and are willing to put up with the 'Flintstone' furniture. Our other problem is that we don't like heights very much. So that being said what floor level would just get us out of the palms? We're exchanging for two weeks through RCI and I've gotten two bonus weeks during the same period for friends through SFX. We leave Feb 4th - it's been 3 years. Chompin at the bit!
Steve

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
If you have a Presidential Suite reserved, You will need to be higher than 17 (7th story). That means you would need to be in 20 or 21 (10th or 11th story) to actually see the ocean. They are in the process of finishing 18 & 19 renovations and I doubt that you would get one of those as owners who have upgraded are anxiously waiting to be there. If you have a 2-bedroom reserved, the ones on ocean front are great, but I imagine that they will already be taken by owners.

I used to be leery of heights, but now love our view from the top of Building A as we can see the entire Bay. The balcony is wider than the ones on the Presidential. Hubby takes his binoculars and can see the "kids" in the hotel pool or watch boats go by or watch out for whales. We saw one small one and a huge sea ray this year.

Buganvilas Building Numbers

11xx is the 1st floor and 20xx (10th floor) 25xx (15th floor.)

Building A - the Tower xx47-66 ocean view – faces pool and ocean 47 is closet to the hotel

Building B xx87-92 low building ocean front - near pool and the area where the weddings are held

Building C xx81-86 facing toward pool and ocean view on higher levels - balconies on all but one or 2 units - most of these are 2 bedroom units and only 6 floor high - look at the pool

Building D xx67-80 windows facing toward town and ocean 67, 79, 80 have balconies - this building is 9 stories high - mostly 1 bedroom units with 1 bath, but a few renovated unto 2-bedrooms

You will have an awesome time.

Close restaurants that our group especially liked in November were:
El Patron - cross the street at the light in front of the hotel lobby and walk about 3 blocks. It is on the corner on your left. It closes at 7:00, so go around 5:30 or 6:00. It is closed on Monday.
Cuetos - it is on the street on the right side of the soccer field, about 5 short blocks - on your left, you will see a lot of plants on the sidewalk at their entry - crossing the street is the biggest challenge. If you cross by the car dealership, you will have 6 lanes of traffic and then 2 other places that are the one-way streets with no stop signs turning onto the street that connects to the main road in front of the hotel. We always were in a group of 4-8, so we were visible and folks would stop and let us cross.
LaMission - great for breakfast. Just walk out the lobby and it is in the first building you come to past the vacant lot next to the Buganvilias.
Pepe's - this was our 23 year-old grandson;'s favorite. Great tacos! It is across the street from the Shell station.
El Andriago's was my SIL's favorite. It is across the street from La Mission.

SteveH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all your input Phyllis,
We'll try our best but I'm sure we'll be happy with whatever room we end up with.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does anyone know about internet access at Bunganvillias ?

Thanks

Bill

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Does anyone know about internet access at Bunganvillias ?

Thanks

Bill
It is pretty good. We watch KU BB games via our laptop and a HDMI cable via our VPN that is on our laptop.I think that only 3 or 4 devices can run at the same time in a unit. We learned that when we had 3 guests and 2 were on their tablets all the time. Hubs & I did not use our laptops at the same time as the others. When we are in our Sky Suite, we can have 8 connections (it is in our conttact) so it is not a problem with guests. Our son travels all the time and brings his portable WIFI with him, so not a problem when they come.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
The WiFi is free for owners, but I think there’s a nominal charge for exchangers.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The WiFi is free for owners, but I think there’s a nominal charge for exchangers.

Do you know what the fee is ? I read $15 a day for mediocre service at trip advisor for the Sheraton Buganvilias but didn't see anything for the timeshare side.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It is pretty good. We watch KU BB games via our laptop and a HDMI cable via our VPN that is on our laptop.I think that only 3 or 4 devices can run at the same time in a unit. We learned that when we had 3 guests and 2 were on their tablets all the time. Hubs & I did not use our laptops at the same time as the others. When we are in our Sky Suite, we can have 8 connections (it is in our conttact) so it is not a problem with guests. Our son travels all the time and brings his portable WIFI with him, so not a problem when they come.
Thank you Phyllis !!!

Bill

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Do you know what the fee is ? I read $15 a day for mediocre service at trip advisor for the Sheraton Buganvilias but didn't see anything for the timeshare side.

Bill
Not sure; it’s been a while since I had to pay.

WatsonC2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Villages, Wyndham Grand Desert
We have an RCI exchange for two 2 bedroom units starting the end of April. Is the check in location the same as the hotel check in or is there a separate entrance we will need to find? Will we likely get the 2 bedroom units that have 1 king and then 2 doubles? Will doing the sale tour change that (we are 4 couples not families traveling). Is all inclusive available for short durations (ie 2 days or 3 days)? Also any recommendations for a shuttle from the airport? Thanks everyone!

Goldi

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are staying at Buganvillas this week. It is an RCI exchange. Here are the internet rates for the faster service:
$21 - 1 week
$15 - 5 days
$12 - 3 days
$9 - 2 days
$5. - 1 day

We are using the free service. They will give you a code for the free service. It is spotty and not as fast as paid service but works for our needs so far.

Goldi

TUG Member
Reaction score
M
We have an RCI exchange for two 2 bedroom units starting the end of April. Is the check in location the same as the hotel check in or is there a separate entrance we will need to find? Will we likely get the 2 bedroom units that have 1 king and then 2 doubles? Will doing the sale tour change that (we are 4 couples not families traveling). Is all inclusive available for short durations (ie 2 days or 3 days)? Also any recommendations for a shuttle from the airport? Thanks everyone!
The minimum days for all inclusive is 3 days. They offered us $46 per person per day if we took the tour. We did not do the tour. We prefer to eat at the nearby restaurants that are within walking distance. There is also a supermarket 2 blocks away.

Last edited:

Goldi

TUG Member
Reaction score
The entrance to the club is next door to the hotel. It is a different entrance. Just take a taxi from the airport. There are plenty of taxis. Our cost was $17 usd for 2 people. Ask the resort about shuttle service.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The entrance to the club is next door to the hotel. It is a different entrance. Just take a taxi from the airport. There are plenty of taxis. Our cost was $17 usd for 2 people. Ask the resort about shuttle service.
When we go there, we just take a bus from the bus stop out to the left from the airport departures exit to the corner where the hotel is. It’s a short walk from there to the Club check in lobby either on the sidewalk to the next entrance or by walking through the hotel. The bus costs less than 20 pesos per person - I don’t recall the exact price, but it’s significantly lower than a taxi and works if you travel light.