• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

BS Pressure from II to accept unit not on exchange request

PDX Matthew

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been a "member" of Accor Vacation Club in Australia since early 2004. In late 2004 I emigrated from Australia to the United States. Consequently, most of my time share vacations have been exchanges through Interval International. So, having been around the block once or twice, I tend to ignore the plaintive calls from II to swap into a property that isn't my preferred. Every time they make those calls.

For example, in March/April this year, I placed a request for Westing Ka'anapali Ocean Villas, 1 bedroom, for the back half of September or October. Immediately I got a call offering me a studio in another property on a rocky beach with a blah pool. I said no. Then I got a call from a chap who could easily have been selling time shares, he offered me a one bedroom at the same property on a rocky beach with a blah pool. I said no, I'll wait. He told me that he worked for Marriott and assured me that I probably wouldn't get that property. I thought, "Yeah, I've heard that story before." and stood my ground.

Last week I got a call from a charming lady in the Singapore office of Interval International, who offered me a week at the Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas for the last week of September, which of course I accepted.

I have rarely been disappointed in my exchanges. I've also found that occasionally, by waiting, I get offered a room at my preferred exchange resort at the "last minute" deal price, two months out from check in - have been to Marriott Ko'Olina on O'Ahu twice that way.

Does anyone else get these calls from II and succumb to the pressure? If you are prepared to hold your hand, you may get what you want. I've occasionally added additional time slots to II requests, but never add resorts that I don't want to stay at - or more importantly, that my husband doesn't want to stay at and will bitch at me the whole week if we go there (been there, done that, got the tee shirt).

Hindsite

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes they call as a matter of routine, usually on the pretext of checking my request is still correct. Then they will say they have something similar "on hold" for me and I reject it. Then they ask if I want to upgrade to gold or platinum membership which I also decline.
I often get the same very pleasant chap from the Orlando office and it's pleasant enough to hear from him and check the request is still current.
The only time I've acted on their proposal was to to get a studio instead of the 1-bed requested. I did that after I declined the option on the call and after checking independently that the specific resort had a good kitchen in the studio as that is what I was after.
Some people get bugged far too often, I don't, so am OK with them trying to shift sticky inventory and gently sell upgraded membership.

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
I have been a "member" of Accor Vacation Club in Australia since early 2004. In late 2004 I emigrated from Australia to the United States. Consequently, most of my time share vacations have been exchanges through Interval International. So, having been around the block once or twice, I tend to ignore the plaintive calls from II to swap into a property that isn't my preferred. Every time they make those calls.

For example, in March/April this year, I placed a request for Westing Ka'anapali Ocean Villas, 1 bedroom, for the back half of September or October. Immediately I got a call offering me a studio in another property on a rocky beach with a blah pool. I said no. Then I got a call from a chap who could easily have been selling time shares, he offered me a one bedroom at the same property on a rocky beach with a blah pool. I said no, I'll wait. He told me that he worked for Marriott and assured me that I probably wouldn't get that property. I thought, "Yeah, I've heard that story before." and stood my ground.

Last week I got a call from a charming lady in the Singapore office of Interval International, who offered me a week at the Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas for the last week of September, which of course I accepted.

I have rarely been disappointed in my exchanges. I've also found that occasionally, by waiting, I get offered a room at my preferred exchange resort at the "last minute" deal price, two months out from check in - have been to Marriott Ko'Olina on O'Ahu twice that way.

Does anyone else get these calls from II and succumb to the pressure? If you are prepared to hold your hand, you may get what you want. I've occasionally added additional time slots to II requests, but never add resorts that I don't want to stay at - or more importantly, that my husband doesn't want to stay at and will bitch at me the whole week if we go there (been there, done that, got the tee shirt).
Why do they call you to confirm an OGS if it matches? I undrestand they might call you to offer an "alternative" - I would just ignore it. It's not a problem for me to have another "spam" call - I got many every day - I just ignore them.

PDX Matthew

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why do they call you to confirm an OGS if it matches? I undrestand they might call you to offer an "alternative" - I would just ignore it. It's not a problem for me to have another "spam" call - I got many every day - I just ignore them.
They called because the dates didn't exactly match my request, so they couldn't just confirm. Fortunately, the dates were fine.

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
They called because the dates didn't exactly match my request, so they couldn't just confirm. Fortunately, the dates were fine.
Got it. Perhaps they will leave a message if you don’t pick up the call and you can call back - I do that to the majority of “spam” calls these days.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Just had a call yesterday. The "salesperson" is what I will him, tried to get me to take several different options for my ongoing search for Orlando Disney in January. Offered me Wastegate and several other less-than-desirable properties and basically told me I would get nothing for Disney because Disney owners do not deposit but maybe every ten years.

Kind of done with answering the phone. I ignore it several times a day but was caught off-guard yesterday. I just answered without looking.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn

Not the best argument for why they ARE BS CALLS:

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Simple fix, remove your phone number from your profile. I gave them my Google phone number that I never answer.
Or get on their do not call list.
I received a call about an ongoing search for late December early January 2026 for specific resort in Aruba.
The first words out of the agents month were “do you want to be placed on our do not all list”

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does II name and telephone number show up on your caller ID?

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
II's goal is to match requests to they can realize the revenue. If they don't match the request they have to refund the exchange fee. They kinda hope most people don't care or don't know well enough if they are seeking a realistic exchange.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
When I had an ongoing search in for Westin Ka'anapali North - only, they kept giving me confirmed exchanges for Westin Ka'anapali South, and then insisted that I was doing it, not them! :rolleyes:

iftravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Hilton Head
This can certainly be improved if they invest a bit more in IT. Why cannot they send you an alert for a close enough match (could even use AI to assign a probability like 85% match) but only confirm when it's an exact match. The call certer job will eventually be eliminated / significantly reduced by AI.

Hindsite

TUG Member
Reaction score
This can certainly be improved if they invest a bit more in IT. Why cannot they send you an alert for a close enough match (could even use AI to assign a probability like 85% match) but only confirm when it's an exact match. The call certer job will eventually be eliminated / significantly reduced by AI.
they do send emails already

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Interval uses the "call" as an opportunity for the agent to:
possibly offload a lesser unit that requested
offer a credit card
upsell the e-plus
ask for a renewal of basic /platinum membership.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I have never received a call in my entire time of being an II member. I think that they must have our old home phone number (which is now on google voice). Works for me!

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
The call certer job will eventually be eliminated / significantly reduced by AI.

True. And eventually could be a long time. A better working website could probably eliminate 80% of what the call center staff does now.

Seriously, the website won’t even allow you to specify something as simple as a check-in day. It must be a seven day range of check-in dates that can be specified without dealing with the call center.

The technology to fix simple things like this has been around for as long as people have been making online bookings. So, I am not expecting the rapid deployment of AI within the next few years.