• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bringing booze onboard

silverfox82

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was asked this question and don't really have a clue. A friend wants to know how many airline size bottles (1 1/2 oz)are allowed onboard in carry on. I know you are not allowed by the airline to "serve" yourself alcohol which I presume is the intent but the questions are: Since they are liquids in under 3oz bottles will TSA have a problem with more than a certain quantity and if you did not open them onboard will the airline object. I know some people do it and I neither condone nor condemm it, just need an answer for my friend since he thinks I know everthing about traveling, I wont tell him I get my answers here. Thanks

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Have you seen those "purse shots"? The are shots in just a plastic packet(sort of like a ketchup packet). You could probably get close to a quart of booze in a quart ziplock bag! :D

I see people bringing those into baseball games, etc. since they are so easy to smuggle (and are not glass).

Kurt

silverfox82

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thats kind of what I figured Dave, if there are 2 travelers that would mean 2 qt bags so possibly more than just a couple might fit. I pretty much play by the rules and buy them onboard but to each their own. Thanks