• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Brewster Green news

SailBadtheSinner

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the recently received newsletter for the Notice of the Annual Meeting, it is mentioned that a new policy has been established for owners who wish to surrender their ownership. The Association will take the deed back with the payment of 2 years maintenance fees. There was no mention of transfer fees.

Also, the Board has looked at an affiliation with a points base club (TLC Club) which will be utilizing non-performing weeks (weeks owned by the Association and delinquent inventory). They are assuming this will provide a much needed income stream.

SBtS

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
In the recently received newsletter for the Notice of the Annual Meeting, it is mentioned that a new policy has been established for owners who wish to surrender their ownership. The Association will take the deed back with the payment of 2 years maintenance fees. There was no mention of transfer fees.

Also, the Board has looked at an affiliation with a points base club (TLC Club) which will be utilizing non-performing weeks (weeks owned by the Association and delinquent inventory). They are assuming this will provide a much needed income stream.

SBtS

Thank you for this interesting information, "hot off the presses". ;)

FWIW, I believe that "transfer fee" is determined by VRI (i.e., not by the underlying resort) at VRI-managed properties (such as Brewster Green). When I sold off a week at a VRI-managed facility just a few months ago, the transfer fee imposed (by VRI, not by the resort) was $100, although VRI did not charge for estoppel issuance.

I hope that the Brewster Green BoD looks long and hard at TLC Resort Vacation Club, while wide awake and with both eyes open. I don't own at BG but I'm nonetheless very wary of some of the TLC (...ahem) "affiliations", such as with "sister company" Timeshare Liquidators, to cite just one very specific example of potential concern.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

SBtS

This is the same company that has taken 500 units at Pollard Brook that I posted about. Interesting....

SailBadtheSinner

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't know what the TLC Club was, and Googled it. I was extremely disappointed when I saw the negative results from the Google search :(. I sure hope the Board knows what it is doing. I would hate to see the Brewster Green's good name tarnished by association with TLC.

SBtS

e.bram

Reaction score
The TLC member probably don't have to worry about the school calendar which could absorb some nonprime season weeks.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Does this mean they will no longer be a VRI or RCI resort that we can trade into?

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does this mean they will no longer be a VRI or RCI resort that we can trade into?

VRI is just the management company currently under contract. Any management company can be replaced by the BoD at any facility upon contract term expiration or at any other time before then "for cause" (contract terms non-performance). That being said it is very rare indeed for a U.S. facility managed by VRI to actually drop VRI.

Brewster Green, AFAIK, is dual affiliated with both RCI and II. It would be unlikely for those affiliations to change, but the available exchange inventory could very well shrink if TLC acquired multiple weeks and squirreled them away for "club member access only", as opposed to banking weeks with either or both of the exchange companies. Owner deposits (i.e., non-TLC owned weeks / deposits) into either one of the exchange companies would not be affected in any way by anything TLC acquires or does.

Interesting situation, whose developments are worth closely monitoring. I hope that the Brewster Green BoD is not asleep at the wheel and about to be hoodwinked. :ponder:

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
They must be in a financial situation? Owners not paying Maintenence fees? Nice place, I hope to stay there again?

e.bram

Reaction score
It will not affect the prime exchange inventory, since those owners use or rent. The do not deposit. Who cares what it does to the dog exchange inventory, the HOA are getting MFs.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
They must be in a financial situation? Owners not paying Maintenence fees? Nice place, I hope to stay there again?

Having once lived year 'round on the lower Cape for a few years, I can tell you with some certainty that it's a pretty desolate place in the dead of winter.
Beautiful certainly, but undeniably desolate nonetheless.

While 3 of 4 seasons are decent in terms of both demand and resale value, I suspect that there are plenty of "non-performing" (and / or HOA owned) winter weeks at Brewster Green. The BoD may well be looking for a cash boost and this is apparently one avenue they are examining. I just hope the BoD does its' homework and due diligence before getting too cozy with an outfit apparently having a "sister company" called Timeshare Liquidators. :ponder:

Last edited:

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
It will not affect the prime exchange inventory, since those owners use or rent. The do not deposit. Who cares what it does to the dog exchange inventory, the HOA are getting MFs.

Generally owners of a resort get an internal trade preference, so if that is exercised, it could have a great impact on availability.