• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Breckenridge Grand Vacations - Purchasing resale & Club benefits?

Reaction score
What "Club" benefits do I lose by purchasing on the resale market at Grand Lodge on Peak 7 or Grand Colorado on Peak 8?

I realize I lose the "club points" and ability to reserve a partial week 6 months out. Can I still exchange my unit for a different week and would I still be considered an owner and allowed to stay with a pet? We currently own at Hyatt Main Street Station and unfortunately our HOA does not allow pets, so am considering unloading all our interests in that property and purchasing peak 7 or peak 8 properties.

KiwiTG

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Colorado at Peak 8
Interesting question, I won't be able to help there but we just purchased at GC at Peak 8 and still figuring it out.
Had a general look at the GC resale and marketplace here only has 1 3 bed for sale so think the property is pretty popular at the moment.

jstim54

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can exchange your week for another week, lockoff if applicable, deposit to II, rent your week through the HOA or on your own, trade with other owners and request a guest certificate if you rent outside the system or gift to a friend. All owners get pet benefits and you can request a pet friendly room in the portal or by calling customer service.

Basically, the only benefits you don’t get are day use and bonus time reservations. I recently bought resale and asked a bunch of these questions at my new owner brief. I recently traded my deeded week for another one through owner trade and the said next year I can swap my week during the reservation period 12 months out.

Last edited:

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Exactly what jstim54 said. I’m a new resale owner in 2022 at Peak 7. I found a different situation and all owner benefits transferred with the sale. Put my name, husbands name, 2 grown children’s names on the contract. Son and his wife live in Denver and ski so I see the benefits of day use if only for the parking and bonus time. The kids work from home so I see them spending a lot of time there. We love the resort and had stayed there prior to owning. Interval International is worth it’s weight in Gold/Platinum as all BGVC resorts show up on getaways and short stays for unbeatable prices, occasionally show up with AC bonus weeks. I’ve picked up 2 ski weeks for 2023 through Interval with searches using a points account with Interval. We used Peak 7 and Peak 8 for 4 weeks this summer and had three other weeks for friends. I would stay there all summer if I could. Winter ski weeks are rare and very expensive to purchase.

sbutalla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Exactly what jstim54 said. I’m a new resale owner in 2022 at Peak 7. I found a different situation and all owner benefits transferred with the sale. Put my name, husbands name, 2 grown children’s names on the contract. Son and his wife live in Denver and ski so I see the benefits of day use if only for the parking and bonus time. The kids work from home so I see them spending a lot of time there. We love the resort and had stayed there prior to owning. Interval International is worth it’s weight in Gold/Platinum as all BGVC resorts show up on getaways and short stays for unbeatable prices, occasionally show up with AC bonus weeks. I’ve picked up 2 ski weeks for 2023 through Interval with searches using a points account with Interval. We used Peak 7 and Peak 8 for 4 weeks this summer and had three other weeks for friends. I would stay there all summer if I could. Winter ski weeks are rare and very expensive to purchase.
Jules, I see that you are from Lincoln, Nebraska! We are too! I'd love to talk with you regarding BGV. We own a dozen weeks between The Royal Sands and a couple of Kona/Waikoloa properties, but are looking at BGV resales - one in particular at Peak 7. There are some great deals at Grand Timber, but after having stayed there once, I feel like Peak 7 may be better for us as our son is disabled in a wheelchair. We stayed at Peak 8 last year and loved it - especially being able to put Sam on the gondola and riding to town!

If you have a few moments, it may be easier to visit by phone and I would appreciate your input before I purchase. My # is 402-429-5650. I hope to hear from you! ~Shannon

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can exchange your week for another week, lockoff if applicable, deposit to II, rent your week through the HOA or on your own, trade with other owners and request a guest certificate if you rent outside the system or gift to a friend. All owners get pet benefits and you can request a pet friendly room in the portal or by calling customer service.

Basically, the only benefits you don’t get are day use and bonus time reservations. I recently bought resale and asked a bunch of these questions at my new owner brief. I recently traded my deeded week for another one through owner trade and the said next year I can swap my week during the reservation period 12 months out.
I’ve been told resale owners do not have pet benefits. If you do have pet benefits that is only for owners of the contract, no rentals, exchange weeks. I don’t have a pet, but my adult children who are on the contract think that is fantastic.

Jxr3876

Reaction score
Jules,
I am curious as to how you did a resale purchase and retained all of the owner benefits? Can you fill me in on how you made hits happened?

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m sorry I just saw this message. I’m traveling for a month in Colorado staying 3 weeks at Peak 7 and Peakl 8 give me your real name and email and I will share what I know with you.

Laters,
Julie Tlamka

Amanguart

Reaction score
I’m sorry I just saw this message. I’m traveling for a month in Colorado staying 3 weeks at Peak 7 and Peakl 8 give me your real name and email and I will share what I know with you.

Laters,
Julie Tlamka
Hi there, I came across your posting re: buying resale at peak 8 and am also curious about how you were able to retain the ownership benefits. Thanks!

Daytripz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Willow Ridge
Breckenridge Grand
Hi Jules54, My mom is a Peak 7 owner and we have enjoyed the day use and parking - so I know your kids will too! It is maybe my favorite part of the resort!
And as I'm learning to use my mom's week at Peak 7 - I've also found it worth it's weight in Gold/Platinum. My very first exchange this week was into a Disney property (DSS)!
Where I'd love some help is when you say you picked up 2 ski weeks using a "points account through Interval". I'm unclear what that means. Does that mean you converted your week to points and used the points to book a week? And do you do that instead of an exchange? I'm new to trying to figure this out and would love help understanding how you did that. Thanks in advance for any pointers!