• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Breckenridge Grand Vacations new resort "Grand Colorado on Peak 8"

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Breckenridge Grand Vacations Unveils its Fourth Resort, the Grand Colorado on Peak 8

BRECKENRIDGE, CO – January 24, 2017

Award-winning timeshare developer, Breckenridge Grand Vacations (BGV) has officially opened its fourth resort, the Grand Colorado on Peak 8 (GC8). The Grand Colorado debuted on December 17th, launching the first of five scheduled phases.

The first phase of the new resort opened at the base of Peak 8 of the Breckenridge Ski Resort. The Rocky Mountain and Colorado SuperChairs are located next to the resort, offering true slopeside access to one of North America’s top ski resorts. Additionally, the BreckConnect gondola is steps away, taking guests to Peak 7 of the ski resort as well as to downtown Breckenridge.

“My partner Mike Millisor and I are incredibly proud of our new resort and the tremendous effort put forth by all members of the BGV family to open what we believe to be one of the finest ski lodges in all of Colorado. With enormous enthusiasm, the entire BGV family looks forward to hosting guests at GC8. It is truly one of a kind,” said Mike Dudick, CEO of BGV.

On the Grand Colorado’s opening day, BGV celebrated the completion of phase one and its 38 luxury residences with a special reception at the on-site restaurant, Robbie’s Tavern at the Bergenhof. GC8 welcomed owners and guests for first occupancy with a champagne toast and appetizers as they checked into their “home away from home” for the very first time. In addition to the Grand Colorado’s initial wave of completed units, the property also made the following amenities available as part of phase one: a multi-feature indoor/outdoor aquatics center, heated garage parking, around town shuttle service, temporary Front Desk, Concierge services, Activities programs, and conveniently located ski locker rooms.

A few days later, Robbie’s Tavern at the Bergenhof also opened its doors to the public. Named after the late BGV Owner/Developer, Rob Millisor, and paying tribute to the historical Bergenhof restaurant which once stood on this parcel of land, Robbie’s Tavern offers American comfort food, world-class wines, a robust beer selection and slopeside dining within the heart of Breckenridge’s first and most celebrated base area.

The residences offer mountain-modern aesthetics with unbeatable views of the Breckenridge Ski Resort and the Ten Mile Range, in addition to breathtaking views of downtown Breckenridge, Baldy and Guyot Mountains, and even Keystone Ski Resort in the distance. At the time of completion, the resort will offer 265 residences that are available for purchase in one-week ownership increments. There will also be multiple aquatics areas, private movie theaters, an outdoor ice rink, market, cafe, arcade/game room, lobby bar and the Infinity Spa at the Grand Colorado.

Sales of the new property, which began in December of 2014, have been incredibly strong. The Grand Colorado's sales in December of 2016 totaled $7.1 million, making it the most lucrative December that Breckenridge Grand Vacations has generated in its 33-year history.

About Breckenridge Grand Vacations

Created in 1984, Breckenridge Grand Vacations (BGV) was built by brothers Mike and Rob Millisor and friend Mike Dudick upon the belief that the success of their company would be determined by the positive impact it had on their owners and guests, employees and the community. The developers of the company also embraced the concept that BGV would be the best in sales if they were first and foremost the best in customer service. The company has embraced the Net Promoter methodology company-wide and consistently beats industry averages with its high scores. BGV now creates Grand vacations for nearly 22,000 owners and employs over 500 staff members. For information about sales positions email recruiting@breckgv.com.

Iwant2gonow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Mountain View at Crown Ridge
This resort sounds wonderful. I wonder if they are trading through interval?

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
This resort sounds wonderful. I wonder if they are trading through interval?

It is a very nice resort, comparable in quality with the Hilton and Marriott properties. It has been exchanging for some time in II. Currently they off only Saturday check in/out dates.

Deb from NC

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is a very nice resort, comparable in quality with the Hilton and Marriott properties. It has been exchanging for some time in II. Currently they off only Saturday check in/out dates.

It IS beautiful. We are at Grand Lodge at Peak7 now, and wandered over to look at it yesterday. Grand Lodge at Peak 7 is one of our favorite resorts, and is as nice or nicer than any Marriott or Hilton we’ve stayed in. Grand Colorado looks to be just as fabulous!

Iwant2gonow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Mountain View at Crown Ridge
It IS beautiful. We are at Grand Lodge at Peak7 now, and wandered over to look at it yesterday. Grand Lodge at Peak 7 is one of our favorite resorts, and is as nice or nicer than any Marriott or Hilton we’ve stayed in. Grand Colorado looks to be just as fabulous!
How are the snow conditions right now at Breckenridge?

Ricci

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Peak 8 for Labor Day week. The resort is pretty fabulous and staff is exceptionally nice, but there is construction going on. The gray decor is too drab for my liking ....the units need accent walls for some color. Over all, I definitely would stay there again.

JT

TUG Member
Reaction score
How is the snow at Breck Now? We are going spring break so fingers crossed.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
How is the snow at Breck Now? We are going spring break so fingers crossed.
It's fine this year, but it hasn't been great. If you are one that stays on runs it will be perfectly fine; the back country / back bowls are a bit thin. However, we are coming into our "snowy" season, so it could get better between now and your spring break (don't know when that is).

Kurt

JT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mar31-April 7

JT

TUG Member
Reaction score
How is snow condition Breckenridge?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
My kids are up there now, so I could ask them about snow conditions. But Breck has a great website you can find with a simple Google search.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How is snow condition Breckenridge?
A co-worker was up there last week said the conditions were great. Don't know if you realize, but March is the snowiest month here in Colorado, so you have the best chance of powder conditions this month.

Kurt

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I just left Breckenridge yesterday and we had 8" of fresh powder on Saturday. It was amazing! Had several runs of untracked powder on March 24. The stuff that dreams are made of! I was telling my kids as we were skiing the runs off Imperial Express, "Right now people are paying thousands of dollars for what we're experiencing". Truly great heli-skiing experience and we'd already paid for it via our Epic passes. Got to love that deal. Already pre-paid our passes for next year.

JT

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a newbie when it comes to snow conditions...last year was my first year skiing....not sure if runs are "icey" or good powder..or slushy etc. Also we are going to rent equipment....is there a better place to rent other than place near Grand Colorado...looks like that place $50 per day.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I always recommend Alpine Sports in Breckenridge for rentals. They have three locations in Breck, always have good equipment, and you can get 20% off by reserving online or printing the coupon from their site. With their coupon, it is only about $32/day for their mid-level ski/boot package.

As for snow conditions, spring skiing often comes with a bit icy in the morning, and can end up being slushy near the base in the afternoons as it warms up. But you can also have great powder days. Drink lots of water and be diligent with the sun screen, even if it is a cloudy day. At that elevation, there are 3-4X the UV rays vs. sea level. Many years ago, I ended up w/ 2nd degree sunburn on my face because I foolishly thought I didn't need sunscreen on a cloudy day.

Have fun!

Kurt

Last edited:

JT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you!