• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Breakfast spot at Hilton Head

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
For those who actually like to go out for breakfast occasionally at Hilton Head, I heartily recommend Palmetto Bay Sunrise Cafe. It's near Black Marlin Bayside Grill at the far end of the adjacent building, sort of hidden around the back corner. Well hidden from us, at least, because we've never heard of it before, and it's been here 10 years. Amazing.

The wait staff is unusual in that whoever is free comes around and does whatever is needed....one seats you, another may take the order, another may bring it, another refills drinks-----or one does all if available. It makes for wonderful service with no waits for anything. VERY friendly "family" of servers.

And the menu is great----lots of special items you don't get everywhere. Plus two daily specials...today's were (1) Blueberries and Cream Cheese on French Toast and (2) Country Fried Steak and Eggs. It's currently HH's highest rated breakfast, which i totally understand.

Link: http://palmettobaysunrisecafe.com/

We always stuck to our faves-----Skillets, Signe's, Original Pancake House, (the old Waterfront Cafe, now closed and gone), etc., but i have to say this place blows the others out of the water. Small and cozy, with outside dining if desired. It was pretty cold this morning so they had a barrier and heaters surrounding that area, but we ate inside.

I normally wouldn't have bothered with such a recommendation, but I know HH is a popular place, and many of you are coming here in the off-season, so I thought i'd mention it for the record. We've been here all week (awesome weather, sunny every day around 70, last 3 days much cooler at 50-ish, with only one evening of rain), and will be back in April, and 3 weeks in June......can't wait. Off-season is just as much fun to me.

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation Marty. I'll bookmark that...
Although I did an "TUG exchange" this year for my summer MGO, I still hope to get there somehow. Thanks

Janette

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you haven't had the key lime bread pudding at Signe's, you are missing a treat. We get some to take out each time we go there. 82 degrees on St. Thomas today. As much as I love GO, Frenchman's Cove is awesome.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We thought the Hilton Head Diner was execellent.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
82 degrees on St. Thomas today. As much as I love GO, Frenchman's Cove is awesome.

Rub it in, rub it in. have to give you that one, Janette........been there and it's gorgeous.

and to MOXJO, yes, HH Diner is an old favorite too, but lately they've become too "hurry, hurry". It's a good solid breakfast, tho, with a ton to consider on the menu. For us, it got old.

Went back to Palmetto Bay Sunrise Cafe this morning, and we saw a lot of locals there again. Awesome breakfast---- cozy and charming. Signe's is that way too, but they don't have the extensive menu. This morning we heard a lady when she came over to speak to another group next to us, and she leaned over and said to them out loud, "this is the best restaurant on the island". They were obviously all locals. Must be something about sitting at the counter, too, because several couples gave up potential booths and tables to wait for a counter seat.

Pens_Fan

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Harold's Diner was excellent.

Be prepared for the atmosphere.

LolaC

Reaction score
The Waterfront Cafe is no more??:(

That is the restaurant that was by the lighthouse in Sea Pines right?

Haven't been to Hilton Head in about 5 years since we own at Ocean Watch Villas now but we loved that place and my mom was just saying that she was so looking forward to going back there when we visit Hilton Head again!

amanda14

Pool Education Team Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Harold's Diner is awesome. He loves it when you wear yankee gear (He is a big red sox fan).

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
The Waterfront Cafe is no more??:(

That is the restaurant that was by the lighthouse in Sea Pines right?

Haven't been to Hilton Head in about 5 years since we own at Ocean Watch Villas now but we loved that place and my mom was just saying that she was so looking forward to going back there when we visit Hilton Head again!

correct...the old Cafe Europa which became the Waterfront Cafe, closed last year. Not sure of the reason, but it was a sad day because we always ate there more than once during a stay. The breakfast or brunch menu was amazing. We always said we never felt like we had arrived at HH until we ate brunch there.

That restaurant had been there for decades, and was a favorite with the professional golfers during the annual Heritage Golf Classic. Not sure what has happened to the property. We were at HH last week but didn't walk over. We're headed back this weekend and i'll check it out. Still, very sad......one of the best views and spots on the island.

LolaC

Reaction score
correct...the old Cafe Europa which became the Waterfront Cafe, closed last year. Not sure of the reason, but it was a sad day because we always ate there more than once during a stay. The breakfast or brunch menu was amazing. We always said we never felt like we had arrived at HH until we ate brunch there.

That restaurant had been there for decades, and was a favorite with the professional golfers during the annual Heritage Golf Classic. Not sure what has happened to the property. We were at HH last week but didn't walk over. We're headed back this weekend and i'll check it out. Still, very sad......one of the best views and spots on the island.

Sad indeed. Wonder what happened the reason it closed. Bad management perhaps?

We felt the same way.....when we got a table by the window for breakfast looking out at that view it was then that we really were reminded just why we love Hilton Head so much! It was so relaxing.

Ur using ur timeshare for these trips (last week and this wkend)?

My mom loves Hilton Head and my dad is retired and she is about to retire this summer so I know she will want to visit HH soon.

Wonder if it would make sense for us to try and buy a cheap HH week through a Marriottt resale?

What is the weather like down there now?

BTW I'm new to this site (been lurking for months but never posted) and we're pretty new owners as well (owned for about 3 years now, just joined destination club last year) and I love how knowledgeable everyone is so I am hoping to learn a lot here from u guys! :)