• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Branson owners, some questions. About to buy.

purduealum91

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey gang,

I would appreciate it if any Branson owner would answer my questions. I am persuing a resale and just want to make sure the seller's info is correct.

1) Are there 1 bedroom units for sale at this resort?
2) Is week 44 considered Platinum
3) What is the maint fee for an EOY 1 br Platinum week?

Thanks much!

Tommy

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey gang,

I would appreciate it if any Branson owner would answer my questions. I am persuing a resale and just want to make sure the seller's info is correct.

1) Are there 1 bedroom units for sale at this resort?
2) Is week 44 considered Platinum
3) What is the maint fee for an EOY 1 br Platinum week?

Thanks much!

Tommy

According to http://www.tug2.net/advice/marriottmf.htm , there are 2BR lockouts -- not 1BR

The calendar http://www.vacationclub.com/common/vc/en-us/resorts/hb/pdfs/hb_calendar.pdf shows week 44 as platinum.

2008 MFs were $694.43 for 2BR l/o. My understanding that EOY is half that per year.

Last edited:

hazpete

Reaction score
We own two units at Branson. My understanding is that they only have 2 BR units for sale. Some are lockoffs, some are not. (mine are)

Week 44 is platinum. However, my guess is that you would be buying a floating week and that week 44 is just for administrative purposes.

Maintenance fees for 2009 are/were $736.10 each for my platinum 2BR units. I don't know what the fees are for EOY units. You could always contact Rand Woods, the manager of the Branson Horizons facility, for up to date information.

purduealum91

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to you both. Hmmm, I'm a little skeptical now about the fact that it is a 1br up for sale.

Tommy

purduealum91

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hazpete, did the maint fees skyrocket?

I thought Branson was way less than $700 per week.

Tommy

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought Branson was way less than $700 per week. Tommy

You can see the 2004-08 MF history at the 1st link I posted above.... (of course, not EOY prices)

What did the seller tell you? :shrug: .... taking into account they said EOY and 1BR :confused:

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
The EOY MF's should be $350; was that the figure the seller quoted you?
You should get the deeded unit number and call Marriott Owner Services and check the information the seller gave you. There are many instances where sellers don't have/give the right information and even a few cases have been posted where the seller thought it was one unit size and it actually was another.

hazpete

Reaction score
I thought Branson was way less than $700 per week.

Tommy

For 2007, there was a "developer's subsidy" of $133.91 which reduced our MF considerably. That was cut to $59.15 in 2008 and $38.64 in 2009. I noticed this when I bought so was prepared for it. I figure the subsidy will be wiped out before too many more years and then the increases won't be so steep.