• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Branson: Grand Regency and the Colonnade have shut down

Erin Bates

Reaction score
Don't pay your MF's for 2 reasons:
1) The Colonnade and another place called Grand Regency in Branson are going to be under new management so there's no point in paying old owners that hit legal trouble.
2) While everything is getting finalized with the transition with the bank/management you can get out of your ownership with these 2 resorts without exit fees at this site (link removed). Not sure how long they'll be doing it, but they're wanting to fix the old reputation because you can pretty much go to any review site online and they have around 2.5 stars or less mainly from disgruntled owners. And I know it's not smoke and mirrors because they did it for our friends.

We don't have to do this because we dodged the bullet and hit "no deal" after the presentation, but our friends weren't so lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mtsmith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. Will be contacting them to try to exit without fees. I’m ready to just be done with them. Hope for the best.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
updating this, as the link provided above does not appear to be related to the resort in any way, and is instead just an upfront fee cancellation company charging more than 1800 dollars for their "services"

on top of that, the individual who called the number on the link above spoke with an "Erin bates"...no suprise this was nothing more than a shill posting.

for those who may have already gone to the link, please note that that page is designed to look like it is the official resort page, or somehow representing the resorts mentioned in this thread, but instead is merely a new website created by the cancellation company to lure unsuspecting owners at this resort!

Last edited:

Mtsmith

TUG Member
Reaction score
updating this, as the link provided above does not appear to be related to the resort in any way, and is instead just an upfront fee cancellation company charging more than 1800 dollars for their "services"

on top of that, the individual who called the number on the link above spoke with an "Erin bates"...no suprise this was nothing more than a shill posting.

for those who may have already gone to the link, please note that that page is designed to look like it is the official resort page, or somehow representing the resorts mentioned in this thread, but instead is merely a new website created by the cancellation company to lure unsuspecting owners at this resort!

Thanks for the heads up Brian. I contacted resort closing services. Upon further investigation it isn’t associated with timeshare like the “Erin Bates” post suggests. Another reason to be a TUG member!

Last edited by a moderator:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
big thanks go out to the St Louis BBB for contacting us directly and bringing it to our attention!

its nice to know some agencies out there still actively go the extra mile to protect consumers!

bjvacation

Reaction score
We traded our Sunbay Beach Club in Hot Springs for the Colonnade years ago and have regretted it many times, but never more than this last year. We got a MF bill and have decided they have stolen enough of our money. We've paid on time every single time till now. We own in Orlando and Santa Fe and wish we still had our HS week! I want this man prosecuted to the max!

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
We traded our Sunbay Beach Club in Hot Springs for the Colonnade years ago and have regretted it many times.

I never owned at the Sunbay in Hot Springs but liked eating at their restaurant. This was many years ago so don't take it as a recommendation but rather as something to check out.

George

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
FWIW, I’ve heard absolutely nothing since returning our MF bill with a letter explaining why we wouldn’t be trphrowing good money after bad. Of course these things take time to move thru the court systems so it’s possible we could receive something several months, or even years down the road. We had given our week away to friends who live not to far away from us. They haven’t been notified of anything nor have the pay received a MF bill. My assumption is that I paid a fee to transfer ownership and title but that money went directly into someone’s pocket rather than actually transfer the title.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
After not hearing anything about the bankruptcy filing, I decided to do some more serious online digging to see what I could turn up. After a little online googling I came to the site for US courts (Pacer), found the case number, created an individual account and then looked the case up.

In summation this is what I found:
1. It appears the chapter 11 bankruptcy was filed as a method to avoid Green lake Real Estate Fund LLC from foreclosing on the property, which was scheduled for June 20, 2017.
2. The case was dismissed without prejudice 7/21/2017 for cause sighting bad faith:
2a. Debtors failed to employ counsel
2b. debtors contended Greenlake is an oversecured creditor but, income was inadequate to service even the interest on the debt. It went on to state the evidence is uncontradicted that the condition of the properties is deplorable, there is insignificant maintenance and the value of the properties is deteriorating (I'm paraphrasing some of this)
2c. The filing was an unfair attempt to manipulate the bankruptcy court to stop a foreclosure sale.

There is a total of 6 pages so I'm hitting a few of the highlights.

It also mentions that perhaps $200,000-$300,000 had been received during 2017 from all sources related to the debtors, but such funds have been deposited in the name of Grewal, not the debtors, their management companies or their home owners associations.

So I'm assuming now the properties were foreclosed on but I'm unaware of who actually owns them at this time.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score

Grand Regency at Thousand Hills
Colonnade - Branson Missouri

Has anyone posted information or exterior photos
on Facebook or Instagram of these two Branson
Timeshares, now that they have been closed down
(to let other t/s owners know what is going on) ?

Robin314

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Collonade Branson
Are there any updates on theCollonade foreclosure? I’m an owner and completely in the dark. I did not pay 2018 fees but don’t know what to expect now?

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I owned a Week at the Colonnade back in the 90s when the Wintermutes owned it. My recollection is that it was being operated as a combination hotel/timeshare. As timeshare Weeks were sold the hotel rooms were then gradually converted into TS Weeks. I remember thinking that this was a pretty savvy way to do it. Although I was happy with my Colonnade Week I ended up trading it for a building lot in Hot Springs Village, AR.

George

Rereading this thread reminded me that I didn't tell the whole story. What I neglected was the disposition of the lot in HSV. I sold it for $18,000. Thus quasi worthless TS Week > lot in HSV > $18,000. There were times I just lived right.

George

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
There is a BIG red flag in that they are only accepting cash or check payments.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
wasnt this the same website was mentioned in a previous post by the BBB as a complete sham created to "look" like a legitimate site representing those resorts.

Reaction score
Get out of the timeshare while you can. If you can. They plan on raising MFs.

Both properties were shut down because they were not safe and were running illegally. The company let people stay there without any concern for their personal safety or health. It won't be open anytime soon.

Last edited:

BigRedOne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The timeshare business got overbuilt rather quickly in Branson. Expect more bankruptcies.

BigRedOne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Roark Resort, the original and oldest timeshare resort in Branson (sold out for many years) just got bought by Summer Winds. The original owner died several years ago and his kids took over and ran the resort into the ground. I’m afraid that Summer Winds is creating a scam that is going to leave Roark owners in the same condition. See my tread about Roark.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
I drove by Grand Regency today. The enterence was chained off but the chain that’s across the exit was down, so I drove up. They were actively removing all the old furnishings from the units. Lots of chairs, tables et... outside the units. There were some old appliances in the parking lot as well as an old mattress. There was one new looking couch that had cellophane type wrapping around it. I don’t know if it was a new couch or one of the few salvageable furnishings pulled from the units. Exterior siding still looked old and worn and the roof is in need of replacing. I can’t imagine putting new furnishings into any unit before completely gutting the units or repairing the roof, so I tend to believe the wrapped couch wasn’t new. Seems that would be doing things backwards if they’re intent on refurbishing this timeshare.

At any rate I’ve heard nothing from whomever is managing it for the bank, that it’s been sold or any exact plans or schedule for refurbishment. Thus I remain skeptical that this will ever be a functioning timeshare again. There’s not nearly enough information that’s been given about it’s disposition, plans or schdule that would convince me I wouldn’t be throwing good money after bad at this resort.

Mtsmith

TUG Member
Reaction score
I drove by Grand Regency today. The enterence was chained off but the chain that’s across the exit was down, so I drove up. They were actively removing all the old furnishings from the units. Lots of chairs, tables et... outside the units. There were some old appliances in the parking lot as well as an old mattress. There was one new looking couch that had cellophane type wrapping around it. I don’t know if it was a new couch or one of the few salvageable furnishings pulled from the units. Exterior siding still looked old and worn and the roof is in need of replacing. I can’t imagine putting new furnishings into any unit before completely gutting the units or repairing the roof, so I tend to believe the wrapped couch wasn’t new. Seems that would be doing things backwards if they’re intent on refurbishing this timeshare.

At any rate I’ve heard nothing from whomever is managing it for the bank, that it’s been sold or any exact plans or schedule for refurbishment. Thus I remain skeptical that this will ever be a functioning timeshare again. There’s not nearly enough information that’s been given about it’s disposition, plans or schdule that would convince me I wouldn’t be throwing good money after bad at this resort.
Any status update on the Colonnade? Have been billed for MF in 2018, obviously not paying them at this point. Any chance they will open in 2019?

Daniel Knod

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shares
The owner of the management company was arrested 8/25 and both timeshares have been shut down by the bank. Apparently the money from maintenance fees was being siphoned off by this individual and put into his own pocket instead of the resorts. The bank has taken possession of the properties and all but one employee has been let go. Both resorts have been removed from the resort directory with II.

I would like to know the bank name and any inside contact anyone has to the employee asap this is just outrageous Tommy Kirk would be so ashamed of this man.

Daniel Knod

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shares
The owner of the management company was arrested 8/25 and both timeshares have been shut down by the bank. Apparently the money from maintenance fees was being siphoned off by this individual and put into his own pocket instead of the resorts. The bank has taken possession of the properties and all but one employee has been let go. Both resorts have been removed from the resort directory with II.

Oh this is gonna be good Tommy Kirk would so be asshamed of this scumball me and my wife Tommy's daughter visited this place in 2017 and we noticed it was in shambles and we couldnt reserve her room bare bone staff pool all nasty, i was green to this at the time but im on it now.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a number of dealings with Tommy Kirk. Every one of them worked out as promised and in a timely manner...

George

TRLMTNGRL

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
I drove by The Colonnade a couple days ago and it's definitely no longer The Colonnade. It's got a new sign. It's now Oak Ridge with this website: https://oakridgebranson.com/. It's still a ghost town around there. It's been a ghost town for quite a long time. The only reason I have an interest in the place is because when I first moved to SW Missouri, I worked very briefly as the Relief Night Auditor for The Colonnade. It was a weird place to work and I wasn't a fan and didn't stay long. The owner only popped in a few times. It was mainly ran by his son and occasionally his out-of-state daughter. The daughter was the responsible one and the son spent all his time partying. I know that besides The Colonnade, Inderjit owned the Grand Regency, Music City Center and some condo resort down on Table Rock Lake. A few years went by after I'd quit when I heard he'd got busted for taking money from his businesses in the illegal way. Never heard much beyond that. I always wondered what happened and what would happen to the properties. I haven't done a crap-ton of research, but it appears that some Virginia company "owns" or "manages" them, I don't know which. Here's their link: http://goodmanagement.com/.

Skye58

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Roark
What can the owners do the fight back against Capital trying to put the burden on the few owners that are left?