• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Boy's disqualification in ice fishing tourney proves controversial

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

RunCat

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HPP, Sheraton Flex.
Having just read two articles about this events, sounds like the Dad was the culprit who did not want to follow the rules and his son suffered the consequences.

uaremymuse

Reaction score
Having just read two articles about this events, sounds like the Dad was the culprit who did not want to follow the rules and his son suffered the consequences.

What if the kid had been taken to the event with another family? What if the kid had taken a uber? A bus? Flown in and dropped off by a drone? What if? Why take it out in a 14 year old? Do you think the dad told him why he dropped him off to avoid the $5 fee? And why didn’t the event’s personnel disqualify him before the event even began? Did they take his trout also? I understand that the rules were clear but to blame a 14 year for something his father apparently did? Good grief...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Rules are rules !!! Especially when it comes to fishing. I have to read the regs and go online to see if any of the regs have changed pretty much every time I go fishing. Even then I have had to explain to Game Wardens why and what I'm doing just because that is how it is.

Bill

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
At Least he will always have the great memories of his fishing exploits and bragging rights next year at the ice fishing event. $$ isn't everything. :cool:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
At Least he will always have the great memories of his fishing exploits and bragging rights next year at the ice fishing event. $$ isn't everything. :cool:

Indeed. One of my friends son caught the State record catfish when he was 11. No prize money but he did make the sports page and his name was listed as the State record holder. He is about 40 now and still goes out fishing. His son is hooked on fishing as well.

Bill

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
So is this the only individual that did not purchase the proper permit to participate in this event ?

I can remember my grandson participation in a junior club event at the age of 11.
He scored a 4 on a hole and his competitor scored a 5.
The competitor father wrote down a 3. My grandson lost his match because of this person father cheated. I told my grandson golf is a game of honor and you do not have to cheat to win.

Last edited:

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use to go on fishing trips all the time with my dad. All the men would put money into the pot and the pot would be split between who caught the most fish and who caught the biggest. My dad put money in the pot for both himself and me.

One time I caught the biggest fish. The men said I wasn’t eligible to win because I was a kid. (I also think they didn’t like getting beat by a little girl). This was the 70s and I was in the 5th grade. The men complained bitterly. These men were my dads good friends and they came to our house all the time. My dad told them to just forget it. He said he came to fish and have a good time.

My dad was so amused at the whole incident. He gave me $20 out of his own pocket. The money I was suppose to have won. For decades this was one of his favorite fishing stories—the time his little girl beat all of his friends and they threw a hissy fit.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just hope that my 2 daughters and 2 grand daughters catch more and bigger fish than me this summer. I love fresh fish ! :cool:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just hope that my 2 daughters and 2 grand daughters catch more and bigger fish than me this summer. I love fresh fish ! :cool:
To MrockStar, I truly understand your feeling. Good luck to your 2 daughters and also to your 2 grand daughters. Children are so very special and before you know it. They are adults. LOL

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Who really wants to remember taking second place anyway? If you ain't first, you're last!
There is nothing wrong coming in second place, it give you an incentive to go for the gold the text time. Someone will win and Someone must lose. There is a winner in baseball World Series and there is a loses; there is a winner in playing golf in The Masters and there are loses, there is a winner in The Super Bowl every year and there is a lose every year.

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know, I know, you're right pedro47, I'm mostly kidding. It's a quote from a dumb character in the movie Talladega Nights. But there is an argument that bronze medalists tend to be happier with their finish than silver medalists. Apparently silver medalists tend to be disappointed they came so close to winning gold, but bronze medalists tend to be satisfied because they almost didn't win any medal at all.

I also find I tend to be happier with finishing in 3rd place than in 2nd in any endeavor, but I'm working on it. I think competitors should be satisfied with doing their best and then let the chips fall where they may.

Last edited: