• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Boycott Godiva Chocolates NOW

radmoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Their response to customer loyalty is the pits. If you want the correspondence, PM me and I'll be happy to share . .too long to post here.
But since Valentine's Day is Sunday, PLEASE, buy your chocolates from a retailer who CARES about YOUR business, no matter how little or much you spend!!!!!

SMcdo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh no... Godiva has been my fall-back Valentine's Day present for years. What did they do?

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
V Chocolates

My new faves are V Chocolates. Their caramels and toffee are exquisite. I gave some to the people I work with. Several of them mentioned how good they tasted--they used a rather accusatory tone as in "that candy you brought . . . it's really good." The implication being that it is too good to stop eating and could be addictive.

I smiled and told them Satan makes it.:D

sigh I must stop eating all such sins. My quest to improve my health does not permit it.

Sorry you are having problems with Godiva. I always thought their prices were not worth it. They aren't that tasty.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
May your 146th post have more value than your previous 145. :rofl:

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Sorry, I'll keep buying them. It may be infrequent, but they've done nothing to alienate me. :D In fact, the last time I was in they signed me up, gave me a card, a sample and a free truffle.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I find your post interesting. Is it just you who had a problem with Godiva's customer service and thus came up with this boycott idea, or did Godiva do something unethical in general that deserves such a call of action? Without any details given, I think I would continue to patronize their business, especially this time of the year.

radmoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, so long story short . . . I accompanied co-worker to Boston Godiva. She purchased a few items, not gold box w. ribbons. . After paying, she asked for some ribbon to tie on the bag and the girl said she would have to charge her. I have never heard of anything so silly, especially in a high end chocolate shop. So we said "no thank you" and returned to the office. She emailed Godiva cust svce as we thought it was odd and basically got a response saying "thank you for your inquiry . . .this is our policy"
Reminded me of the scene in Pretty Woman when Julia Roberts returns to high end Bev Hills boutique saying "big mistake, BIG, BIG" . . .you never know what capacity your customer is capable of. What if we were contemplating placing LARGE corporate order? In this difficulty economy, it suprises me that some companies would still rest their laurels on "gold ballotin" concept.
Personally, I agree . .there are far better products on the market and they all custom package, no matter the price!

laura1957

TUG Member
Reaction score
While I agree that they should have just given your friend the ribbon, I hardly think the offense deserves boycotting. I do think that their prices are too high, and there are other products that taste just as good.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
...so...you are saying that we should all boycott Godiva because they didn't give your friend some ribbon....????:rolleyes:

Sorry...I don't get it.:eek:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
...so...you are saying that we should all boycott Godiva because they didn't give your friend some ribbon....????:rolleyes:

Sorry...I don't get it.:eek:

I don't get it either.

Don't patronize them if you choose, but soliciting others to boycott them is a bit much don't you think?

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I like Mrs. See's and Leonidas.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Aww heck, eat enough Ethel M's and you forget Godiva altogether!

Jim Ricks

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like Mrs. See's and Leonidas.

I think Godiva is nothing special, in my mind the equivalent of a Russel Stover or Whitman.

I will second See's, they are fabulous. Too bad they are not readily availble around NYC.

Martine's on the 6th floor of Bloomingdale's flagship store in Manhattan has the best chocolate in the world. It regularly comes out at or near top in chocolate reviews.

They make chocolate with fresh creme filings. They must be refrigerated and eaten within 5 days or they turn sour. But they are Amazing and expensive. $92/lb. I thing I bought a box about 3 years ago.

Joe

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score

Jim Ricks

I don't eat a lot of candy but a visit to the Ethel M candy factory is a must every time we go to Las Vegas. They usually give us two or three samples to go along with the several boxes of candy we always buy. With ties or ribbons on the boxes. :)

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Mmmmmm, Chocolate !

Hershey chocolate is pretty good too -- not that I eat much of that, or any chocolate.

I love it. I just don't eat much of it -- I'm way too fat as it is.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Different from my experience with them. For years, I purchased chocolates as gifts for important customers at a customer event--just as a nice in-room welcome.

One year, my 1-lb per person gift was delivered as 1/2 lb boxes. Luckily, there was a local Godiva's, and, working through their corporate offices, they quickly turned around the order within one day with 1-lb replacements, and told us to keep the 1/2-pound mistakes. Now THAT was customer service IMO.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
We are See's Candy fans, too.

sees-candies-nuts-chews.jpg

theduffster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, so long story short . . . I accompanied co-worker to Boston Godiva. She purchased a few items, not gold box w. ribbons. . After paying, she asked for some ribbon to tie on the bag and the girl said she would have to charge her. I have never heard of anything so silly, especially in a high end chocolate shop. So we said "no thank you" and returned to the office. She emailed Godiva cust svce as we thought it was odd and basically got a response saying "thank you for your inquiry . . .this is our policy"
Reminded me of the scene in Pretty Woman when Julia Roberts returns to high end Bev Hills boutique saying "big mistake, BIG, BIG" . . .you never know what capacity your customer is capable of. What if we were contemplating placing LARGE corporate order? In this difficulty economy, it suprises me that some companies would still rest their laurels on "gold ballotin" concept.
Personally, I agree . .there are far better products on the market and they all custom package, no matter the price!

Seriously, that's all that happened??? :confused: :shrug: :rolleyes: I thought your story was going to be that they use baby seal skin in their packaging, or abuse children in Haiti, or something horrible. They charged you for a ribbon.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Seriously, that's all that happened??? :confused: :shrug: :rolleyes: I thought your story was going to be that they use baby seal skin in their packaging, or abuse children in Haiti, or something horrible. They charged you for a ribbon.

I think this is a situation of "Don't sweat the small stuff".

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
2 Ways To Go -- Take Your Pick.

"Don't sweat the small stuff"
1. Don't Sweat The Small Stuff -- And It's All Small Stuff.

2. Don't Get Mad -- Get Even.

Your call.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

radmoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
No sweating anything here - just figured we could get folks to support merchants who appreciate their business and value customer loyalty. You are all free to do as you wish!

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch