• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bought resell points at big cedar..

lopertc

Reaction score
I bought 28,000 wilderness lodge points for 1500$.
Reservations are extremely hard to get at 11 months.
can I upgrade to premier? If so is it a ridiculous price?

also considering just using my PUP’s as my resies.

(see those acronyms ;) I’ve been reading the forum)

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I bought 28,000 wilderness lodge points for 1500$.
Reservations are extremely hard to get at 11 months.
can I upgrade to premier? If so is it a ridiculous price?

also considering just using my PUP’s as my resies.

(see those acronyms ;) I’ve been reading the forum)
Good for you to have found resale.

Has it already passed ROFR?

It is not worth it to upgrade to any premier levels as the “premiere wait list” benefit is no longer a benefit. Prior to 8/4/21, the wait list was worked 1-2 days prior to the 11 month mark. THAT was a benefit!
Now, thanks to a lawsuit, anyone can get in at midnight and book a reservation as the wait list doesn’t start until midnight.

Do you have a “good” PUP? If so, use it.
If it is something you don’t want to use, then get online at 11:55 pm and keep refreshing your screen to get your reservation at midnight.

And reminder you can book bonus time online at 45 days out. You would be surprised at how much inventory is available the last 35 days before checkin.

lopertc

Reaction score

It is not worth it to upgrade to any premier levels as the “premiere wait list” benefit is no longer a benefit. Prior to 8/4/21, the wait list was worked 1-2 days prior to the 11 month mark. THAT was a benefit!
Now, thanks to a lawsuit, anyone can get in at midnight and book a reservation as the wait list doesn’t start until midnight.

If it is something you don’t want to use, then get online at 11:55 pm and keep refreshing your screen to get your reservation at midnight.

And reminder you can book bonus time online at 45 days out. You would be surprised at how much inventory is available the last 35 days before checkin.

Yeah it was complete yesterday. We spent 3000 points to go check out Elian spa in San Antonio for the kids spring break this March. They were 50% off points. It should be warm down there.
Yeah we have 3 weeks. One week is middle of June and is a fantastic pup. So that’s huge. The unit isn’t quite as big as I’d like but hey; that week along is worth my maintenance fees.

we will be a midnight warrior.
I’d like to thank all the advice here that allowed me to get a sweet deal on my points!

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yeah it was complete yesterday. We spent 3000 points to go check out Elian spa in San Antonio for the kids spring break this March. They were 50% off points. It should be warm down there.
Yeah we have 3 weeks. One week is middle of June and is a fantastic pup. So that’s huge. The unit isn’t quite as big as I’d like but hey; that week along is worth my maintenance fees.

we will be a midnight warrior.
I’d like to thank all the advice here that allowed me to get a sweet deal on my points!
Mid June is great! Good for you.
Curious as to where you found your points to purchase. eBay, Facebook, redweek?

lopertc

Reaction score
Mid June is great! Good for you.
Curious as to where you found your points to purchase. eBay, Facebook, redweek?
Believe it or not Dianne Lee at pinnacle.
I found their all in costs to be the cheapest. 1500 was my total cost for closing and everything and the points were fully stocked. So I essentially got the first year points at half price and paid nothing for the deed.
my annual maintenance is 3048$ish.
I looked at a dozen different sites even bid for some on PayPal

lopertc

Reaction score

any recommended readings for the newbie? I’ve read a lot but I’m sure there’s more to learn.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
any recommended readings for the newbie? I’ve read a lot but I’m sure there’s more to learn.
There is a Facebook group “Bluegreen Timeshare Secrets” the administrator of the group has written a great ebook for $5. Sara Strock. Recommended reading.
If you aren’t on Facebook ( this group has lots of good info) you can go to her website - Bluegreentimesharesecrets.com