• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bought new sharp Aquos tv- can't figure which channel to use to access my tivo

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
I feel very dumb. On my older tv my TIVO was found after I went all the way to channel 125 and then it went to Video 2 and Video 1. Tivo was accessed on Video 1 Now on this new tv it goes to 122 and then 122.1 and 122.2 (which tells you if it is analog or digital) and thenatraight to channel 1 so I don;t see a Video 1 channel... and don't know which channel to use to access my Tivo stuff. Geesh I am so bad at this electronic stuff! I hope I am explaing this right TIA

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't feel dumb...this stuff gets more and more complicated.

Most of the TV's I run into these days don't put the aux inputs at the end of the channel line up. Instead you press a button commonly labled INPUT or VIDEO to get to it. Sometimes there's a menu button which among the top selections are the aux inputs. It's very common to have 5 or more external inputs on a modern TV.

We have a couple of Sony Bravia's scattered between a couple of households, and while they are the same line of sets, the control layouts are completely different as if they are made by different companies...and in fact often they are. I'm told many of the Sony's are goldstar controls and tuners and the one my son recently purchase feels like a Phillips. Both however are of the Sony Bravia label.

Confusion abounds.

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not home now, but my sharp aquos has an input button on the remote. Which input do you have the tivo connected to? That's the input you need to select with the remote.

At least on mine, you can configure the labels used for the inputs, and which ones are active and which can be skipped.

-David

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
You guys are so smart. Thanks for being my go-to-peeps:eek:

will try it after I watch hubby shovel--again:mad:

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
that was it! thanks. It was input 1. now I will figure if I can select it as a favorite channel and configure the remote that way. Regardless- it worked fine. Oddly as I was sending a movie from my upstairs tivo to the tivo with the aquos, the audio on analog channels did not work for awhile, I just shut off the set and turned it on again and all was fine. thanks again!