• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Boston Hotels and Newport Inns

Judith

Reaction score
Have just booked flights for our visit to Boston, Cape Cod and Newport, RI next year. We are booked into a timeshare resort in Mashpee on Cape Cod for a week but will also be having four nights in Boston and four nights in Newport.

We are from the UK and would appreciate any recommendations for good, well located hotels in Boston and Inns or B and B's in Newport. I have been looking in the guidebooks and on the net but there is so much choice so personal recommendations would be great.

Thanks

Judith

liborn2

TUG Member
Reaction score

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
We've found good prices several times at the Marriott Residence Inn in Cambridge for Boston visits. It's about a block from the T and very nice.

Sheila

mshatty

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
On Priceline, I got the Raddison in the Financial/Theater district for $90 per night for 4 nights in July 2008 (including Fri, Sat, and Sun).

Go to Bidding for Travel and look up Boston and see winning bid amounts.

Judith

Reaction score
Boston and Newport accomodation

Thanks for your replies. In the end I booked the Encore B and B in Boston which is the number one B and B on Tripadvisor for Boston.

I.m still looking for a good B and B or Inn in Newport so any personal recommendations would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Judith

judy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Admiral Fitzroy Inn On thames street is in the heart of downtown and very popular. They sell out qiuckly. The Samuel Durfee house is another I would reccommend. Newport is full of B&B's and if they are not decent they go out of business very quickly. We go to that area about 4 times a year and love it. They also have great restaurants.

liborn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok..Only based on the limited information you have provided, such as...
do you have good walking legs? Do you wish to be close to town..for easy access to food, visitor center for transportation..
I will make this suggestion...my timeshare(Newport Onshore) is currently located across the street from Admiral Fitzroy
http://www.admiralfitzroy.com/
It always catches my eye when in town..and its close to so many places..it has wonderful reviews..you might fancy this one..one review mentioned a tea kettle was placed in the room, now that's home to me.
Good Luck..since Newport has many, many B&B's..

Judith

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Thanks for your replies. The Admiral Fitzroy and Samuel Durfee are already on my shortlist. We have good walking legs but would like to be near to restaurants etc without being in too noisy an area. The Wander Inn also looks and sounds quite good but it is quite a bit cheaper.

Offroad parking would be good as we will have a hire car but would prefer to have somewhere to leave it whilst wandering around Newport itself. Do appreciate that some attractions are some distance apart however.

There is such a fantastic choice in Newport that it is a bit bewildering and when we stayed in a B abd B in Williamsburg a few years ago it turned out to be an expensive waste of money so don't want to make the same mistake again. We will be there in the late summer so it would be nice to be able to eat outside or enjoy some outdoor space on a deck or in a garden.

We want somewhere welcoming and friendly, preferably with a cooked breakfast rather than continental, that it is in a middle price bracket rather than at the very top end.

Best wishes

Judith

judy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are going to rent a car onsight parking is a must because there is a serious parking issue in Newport. The wander inn is about a 10 minute walk down the hill to thames St which is where you will find shopping and restaurants. Admiral Fitzroy is right on thames in the middle of everything. They are sold out everytime we walk by,so I don't think noise is an issue but I have never stayed there.

freewheelin01

TUG Member
Reaction score
For B&B's, I use an excellent website - bbonline.com - They list all the B&B's in the area and have descriptions, pictures, contact info, etc...You might try there. Good luck!

joyzilli

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Victorian Ladies is a beautiful B & B. It's a little expensive, but we've stayed there a few years ago (and many times before that), and it was just great.

Judith

Reaction score
Newport b and b's

Hi everyone

Thanks for all your suggestions about our fall visit to Newport Rhode Island all of which I followed up.

In the end I decided on the Spring Street Inn, the second mosr recommended Newport b and b on Tripadvisor. Have spoken to the proprietor and am very pleased with my decision. If anyone has stayed there we'llbe inthe Harborview Suite. Like the sound of the gourmet breakast and afternoon refreshments and the location seems very central with a guaranteed parking space.

Judith

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
cliffside inn, newport

take a look a the cliffside inn.com very nice, historic and not far from the famous Cliff Walk...it is elegant with lots of fireplaces and antiques.There used to be a Victorian tea served late afternoons.... have fun !:)