• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Boston and surrounding area trip

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I lived in the DC area for 3 years back in the late 60's early 70's. I agree, DC traffic was worse than Boston…

If anyone is wondering, DC traffic has only gotten more challenging since that time.

There was a bit of a reprieve during COVID precautions, but that is now history as well.

anng3

Reaction score
I did 2 weeks for leaf peeping similar to what you are looking for. One week was at a timeshare near Lincoln, NH which is fall color central. We were there the week of Columbus Day which is a big holiday in NEngland. It was crowded over that weekend, but the colors were superb. We then moved to Bar Harbor for Acadia and had a week at Harbor Ridge which is right in Acadia NP. The latter was at the top of my wish list for years, but I found it did not live up to expectations, or at least the ocean part. As an example, Thunder Hole in Acadia is a very small and unimpressive version of Devils Churn at Cape Perpetual in Oregon and even Cadillac Mtn (really a hill that you and the tourist buses can drive to the top) was underwhelming. We were there mid-Oct and the colors were fading and things were shutting down for the season in the park. The crowds were less and we did a lot of drives around to see the area and enjoyed the stay, but a couple days in the park were enough. We did We went to Campobello in New Brunswick and I remember looking at the ferry to Nova Scotia, but the logistics didn't work and I think I always planned to come back and do that as a separate trip; but haven't. In hindsight, I wished I had done the trip to Nova Scotia.
Do you remember which timeshare you did near Lincoln NH? Thanks!

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Do you remember which timeshare you did near Lincoln NH? Thanks!
Inn Season Pollard Brook. We had a 1 BR that had a Murphy bed in the living room. Nothing fancy, but a great location for what we wanted.

WaikikiFirst

Reaction score
we were getting pushed aside over and over trying to enter the expressway South. Finally at a standstill - Being from Mass, --- I rolled down the window and the net guy beside me , in the very fancy car saw my girl wave, and opened the passenger window. I Yelled; buddy, this is a RENTAL!...he nearly fainted, and conceded we were on our way south!
Yup. Raised in Mass. LOL. Lived there for 35 yrs. Boston may not be "worse" than DC or CHI but it is probably more, um, "Interactive".
The thing that made DC traffic so bad when & where I was driving is that almost every intersection allows Left turns but almost none of them have any lights to allow it to happen. Left lane of vehicle capacity approaches zero

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Going to Custom House soon. Driving .
Plan to park and leave car alone.

What is worse. Boston traffic vs NYC traffic in and around Manhattan?

fillde

TUG Member
Reaction score
Going to Custom House soon. Driving .
Plan to park and leave car alone.

What is worse. Boston traffic vs NYC traffic in and around Manhattan?
Very similar. But I found Boston to be be less aggressive.
More trucks and delivery bikes in Manhattan.
I downloaded Spot Hero app and found very inexpensive parking in Boston. I’ll let you know if I still have 4 tires in a week.

fillde

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, my car still has 4 tires. Spot hero saved me $200 minimum. It was about a 45 minute walk too and from Custom House . According to google maps 8 minutes by rideshare.